Author Topic: It starts today...  (Read 1846 times)

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: It starts today...
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2014, 01:44:00 PM »
Quote from: Dagranger
Quote from: Bean
Quote from: DirtyHarry10
My name is Heath and by most accounts I've had a pretty good 39 year run. Served ten years in the World's Finest Navy and served the last ten continuing the good fight in the private sector. I have a lovely wife who has put up with me for 10 years and has blessed me with two beautiful children, 5 and 7. I have never smoked. I have never used drugs. I enjoy a good cocktail, but I can go months without drinking anything. I like food, but I'm not a glutton.

Ladies and gentlemen, what I am though, is an addict. I fully admitted as much to my wife last night. Now I admit it to you. Most importantly, I admitted it to myself. I am an addict to the tune of a can and a half of Copenhagen a day for 21 years. I spent a lot of time on this site yesterday. After reading some of the journey's that most of you have taken, it left me reduced to a blubbering idiot. I was a broken man because I realized that I had so much to be thankful for and have people in my life who depend on me. If I let addiction control my life, what kind of man am I to help others? How can I look my kids in the eye and tell them what not to do? I prefer to lead by example and there is no substitute for being a good example to your children. It's time for the weakness to stop. My commitment started last night. Now if you will excuse me, I'm taking my ass over and posting roll.

Heath
First, thanks for your service. Second, that intro was greatness!!! Quitting is about making YOU a better YOU. Setting a great example for your kids and hanging around to be with your wife are just the perks of being a badass quitter.

Embrace the suck. Your attitude will determine your success. Welcome the fog...it is the feeling of healing. Train your mind to appreciate the withdrawals. You GET to feel this shitty because YOU DECIDED to be free. That shitty feeling is a privilege.

You'll always be an addict. But, there is no shame in that. What is shameful is the addicts that never decide to do anything about it. You, sir, are controlling your addiction. Check out the Tom and Jenny Kern story at the KillTheCan.org link above. Like I said, quitting is about YOU. But there is a ton of motivation in their story. Let's make our success part of the silver lining to his unfortunate story.
Great intro Heath. Now follow it up everyday. On day 3 or day 10 or day 1000 you will stay an addict. Glad to have you here.
Welcome aboard Heath, it's easier than you think it will be.

strap on your helmet, lets get this done
"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2014, 12:39:00 PM »
Quote from: Bean
My name is Heath and by most accounts I've had a pretty good 39 year run. Served ten years in the World's Finest Navy and served the last ten continuing the good fight in the private sector. I have a lovely wife who has put up with me for 10 years and has blessed me with two beautiful children, 5 and 7. I have never smoked. I have never used drugs. I enjoy a good cocktail, but I can go months without drinking anything. I like food, but I'm not a glutton.

Ladies and gentlemen, what I am though, is an addict. I fully admitted as much to my wife last night. Now I admit it to you. Most importantly, I admitted it to myself. I am an addict to the tune of a can and a half of Copenhagen a day for 21 years. I spent a lot of time on this site yesterday. After reading some of the journey's that most of you have taken, it left me reduced to a blubbering idiot. I was a broken man because I realized that I had so much to be thankful for and have people in my life who depend on me. If I let addiction control my life, what kind of man am I to help others? How can I look my kids in the eye and tell them what not to do? I prefer to lead by example and there is no substitute for being a good example to your children. It's time for the weakness to stop. My commitment started last night. Now if you will excuse me, I'm taking my ass over and posting roll.

Heath
First, thanks for your service. Second, that intro was greatness!!! Quitting is about making YOU a better YOU. Setting a great example for your kids and hanging around to be with your wife are just the perks of being a badass quitter.

Embrace the suck. Your attitude will determine your success. Welcome the fog...it is the feeling of healing. Train your mind to appreciate the withdrawals. You GET to feel this shitty because YOU DECIDED to be free. That shitty feeling is a privilege.

You'll always be an addict. But, there is no shame in that. What is shameful is the addicts that never decide to do anything about it. You, sir, are controlling your addiction. Check out the Tom and Jenny Kern story at the KillTheCan.org link above. Like I said, quitting is about YOU. But there is a ton of motivation in their story. Let's make our success part of the silver lining to his unfortunate story.
Great intro Heath. Now follow it up everyday. On day 3 or day 10 or day 1000 you will stay an addict. Glad to have you here.

Offline tarpon17

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2014, 12:27:00 PM »
that gives me extreme quit wood! I love seeing someone get it right off the bat!

Quit with you punk!

check your pm, left you some digits

Offline flash

• Proverbs 1:7
  • Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fools despise wisdom and instruction.
  • Quit Date: June 17, 2009
  • Interests: All sports, reading, movies, music. I like poetry, taking long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
  • Likes Given: 360
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2014, 11:10:00 AM »
Welcome aboard, Heath. Thank you for your service. You are in the right place. We are all addicts and we are quit today with you. Be sure to reach out for help and get acquainted with the site and material. It has saved my life after feeding my addiction for 32 years.
"The second you stop and believe your own hype, you've lost."
   - Mark Owen, Navy Seal & Author: No Easy Day

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2014, 10:55:00 AM »

Heath

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2014, 09:45:00 AM »
Glad you're quit. Welcome aboard. Post roll right away each morning.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Jarhead19

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-26
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 09:38:00 AM »
Welcome to the fight....reach out for help, you start craving just read through some posts here and it's better than any can ever made.

Good choice and good luck.......even if you are a squid....LOL!!!!
"You can't build your reputation on what you're going to do."
-Henry Ford

Offline chewie

• Administrator
  • Master of Quit
    • 406Northlane
  • Quit Date: 7.24.2006
  • Interests: quitting, family, digital marketing, beer, whiskey, horror movies... Fucks Given: 0
  • Likes Given: 351
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 09:33:00 AM »
Welcome aboard Heath - thank you for your service.

Reach out and let us know how we can help!

chewie
"Every man dies... not every man really lives." - William Wallace

QD - 7.24.06 / HOF - 10.31.06 / 2nd - 2.08.07 / 3rd - 5.19.07 / 4th - 8.27.07 / 5th - 12.05.07 / 6th - 3.14.08 / 7th - 6.22.08 / 8th - 9.30.08 / 9th - 1.08.09 / Comma - 4.18.09 / 11th - 7.27.09 / 12th - 11.04.09 / 13th - 2.12.10 / 14th - 05.23.10 / 15th - 08.31.2010 / 16th - 12.9.10 / 17th - 3.19.11 / 18th - 6.27.11 / 19th - 10.5.11 / 2K - 1.13.12 / 21st - 4.22.12 / 22nd - 7.31.12 / 23rd - 11.8.12 / 24th - 2.16.13 / 25th - 5.27.13 / 26th - 9.4.13 / 27th - 12.12.13 / 28th - 3.24.14 / 29th - 7.1.14 / 3K - 10.9.14 / 31st - 1.17.15 / 32nd - 4.27.15 / 33rd - 8.5.15 / 34th - 9.13.15 / 35th - 2.21.16 / 36th - 5.31.16 / 37th - 9.8.16 / 38th - 12.17.16 / 39th - 3.27.17 / 4K - 7.5.17 / 41st - 10.13.17 / 42nd - 1.21.18 / 43rd - 5.1.18 / 44th - 8.9.18 / 45th - 11.17.18 / 46th - 2.25.19 / 47th - 6.5.19 / 48th - 9.13.19 / 49th - 12.22.19 / 5K - 4.1.20 / 51st - 7.9.20 / 52nd - 10.17.20 / 53rd - 1.25.21 / 54th - 5.5.21 / 55th - 8.13.21 / 56th - 11.21.21 / 57th - 3.1.22 / 58th - 6.9.22 / 59th - 9.17.22 / 6K - 12.26.22 / 61st - 4.5.23 / 62nd - 7.14.23 / 63rd - 10.22.23 / 64th - 1.20.24 / 65th - 5.9.24 / 66th - 8.17.24

Episode III: The Final Quit | 406 Northlane | ScareTissue.com

Offline DirtyHarry10

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-07-17
  • Interests: 1. My family2. Braves Baseball3. Razorback Football4. Any football for that matter5. Any hockey6. I love to degrade soccer. It's not a sport, just a recreational activity.7. Slow cooking meat. Grilling meat. Eating meat. You get the point.
It starts today...
« on: July 17, 2014, 09:32:00 AM »

Heath
Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy. -THE Outlaw Josey Wales