Author Topic: What's up fellas?  (Read 2602 times)

Offline GlennFtheKodiak

• Quitter
  • Interests: Gym and Coaching and Running Pop Warner Program. I'll fuck all you mother fuckers up.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: What's up fellas?
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2009, 07:36:00 AM »
Quote from: bearattack
actually its al i ever had except a couple of cherry skoals in hs....
cherry skoal how fucking gay is that!!!!!

'Finger' kodiak
I go with bear cum and turkey shit.

Everything else, was candy.

Watermelon skoal, please.

You know how many "emergency" tins of Grizzly or....wtf was the other Kodiak ripoff....I threw out after one dip.

It was Kodiak or nothing else.

Now it's just pussy I chew.
football rules, soccer drools

HOF: July 7th, 2009

Offline bearattack

• Quitter
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2009, 10:51:00 PM »
actually its al i ever had except a couple of cherry skoals in hs....
cherry skoal how fucking gay is that!!!!!

'Finger' kodiak
I've dipped enough to be satisfied for a life time, done with it... I killed the bear... hate that scumbag. 02/27/09@ 10pm was my last taste!!!!

Offline jaydisco

• Quitter
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2009, 10:46:00 PM »
Kodiak was the closest thing to running my lip over a bench grinder - so I went with that.
Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. -
Jules Winnfield

Offline bearattack

• Quitter
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2009, 10:27:00 PM »
its key ingrediant is bear cum w a pinch of turkey shit

FUCKYOUKODIAK!!!!!
I've dipped enough to be satisfied for a life time, done with it... I killed the bear... hate that scumbag. 02/27/09@ 10pm was my last taste!!!!

Offline Pyrovalin

• Quitter
  • Interests: Hiking, mountaineering, outdoors, fishing, mountain bikingBeing with my wife Wendy and two boys Dustin and Jacob
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2009, 10:24:00 PM »
Lot of dippers dip Kodiak. What's in that shit? Well I did notice it packed a way meaner buzz than cope or Skoal. Kind of scary if you think about it.

Post here if you quit while dipping the bear. Just curious.

I'm glad I'm quit. ^_^
?All men dream: but not equally.
Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
wake in the day to find that it was vanity:
but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
for they may act out their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.?

Seven Pillars of Wisdom, T.E. Lawrence

Offline Pyrovalin

• Quitter
  • Interests: Hiking, mountaineering, outdoors, fishing, mountain bikingBeing with my wife Wendy and two boys Dustin and Jacob
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2009, 10:21:00 PM »
Larry. I laid off the caffeine big time. I was only drinking a cup of coffee a day but I heard that shit can build up in your system.

By the way I feel fucking great. 5 days in a row. Thank you God!

...and FUCK YOU KODIAK!!!

Offline larrymc911

• Quitter
  • Interests: My wife, kids, grandkids, sports (football), offshore medic
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2009, 09:43:00 PM »
Quote from: Pyrovalin
Quote from: O.D.
Maybe someone here can relate. The last 2 months has been hell. If you have the time, please read this.

Here's a quick story about last year: A year ago I was rushed to the hospital one afternoon after having several PVCs (Premature Ventricular Contractions or when your heart skips a beat) and feeling like I was going to pass out; just feeling like complete shit. I had been dipping that day a lot. Basically I thought I was having a heart attack and was going to die. By the way I'm only 34 years old. I told the paramedics I had been dipping that day and all they did was say they did too and that I was fine. The doctors took my vitals, blood, ECG, etc. and sent me home telling me I had had an anxiety/panic attack and prescribed me Ativen and told me to lay off the diet pills I was taking. Everything was fine after that day until this past April.

I'm a high school teacher and stay athletic. I mountain bike, hike, jog almost daily, and eat fairly well. This past April was our school's spring break. The first Saturday I had off I visited a friend and stayed up until 3 am the next morning. I had been dipping heavily all night. I went home and got in bed only to find it took until 5:30 am to finally get to sleep. I felt like my heart was racing and felt like shit and I attributed it to an all night binge of dipping. I almost felt like I did a year ago. A few days later I went to another friends house to visit and stayed until 3 am again and had been dipping heavily all night only this time I felt like I did the year before and it wouldn't go away. I tried everything to calm down. My heart was beating fast, etc. This lasted all the way until 3 am the next morning. I freaked my wife out and myself. I finally went to the ER only to find out, you guessed it, diagnosed anxiety/panic. Again was given Ativen. Thus began my first quit day. I figured the dip wasn't helping things and I was sick and tired of feeling shitty all the time anyways. I had a full physical scheduled the following Friday. All they did was the typical "turn your head and cough" crap, took blood, and sent me on my way. Blood tests were normal etc. They then referred me to a Psychiatric doc who put me on 5mg doses of Lexapro daily.

For the first weeks following my last binge dipping night I couldn't sleep at all. For the past 50 days I've had weird symptoms of all sorts. Flushed feeling in my heart and chest, light chest pain, nausea, the feeling like something's taking my breath away, PVCs, fatigue, sleepiness, lack of sleep some nights. All of which don't happen consistently but come and go and it's driving me mad. I wish I could enjoy the fact I've been 50 days dip free but all I can think is I'm dying and it's because of chew. FOr me the quitting has been easy because all I can think about is getting through the next day of these crazy-assed symptoms.

Does anyone else feel this way?? I don't know if it's the Lexapro or withdrawl symptoms. The doctors are oblivious and it pisses me off. I'll bring up chew and they don't care. What is happening to me!
I am not a doctor. I was a nurse. I've had similar symptoms, but not gone to the doctor about them, yet. I have brought them on by binge dipping, also. They have also been brought on by pushing my workouts too hard. I don't think I've had the symptoms since my quit. They haven't been as severe as yours. Actually, I am hoping that they won't. My mother and brother also have had similar symptoms. Ultimatley, they both were diagonosed with an abscure heart disease. My brother quit this year. My mother never picked up tobacco at all.

The obscure heart disease? I don't remember the name. It was found primarily with tilt and stress tests. If you are in the possition to do so, I'd recommend requesting a consult to a cardiologist.

Now, with that being said, I'm not saying that's what you've got. The symptoms ARE the same as anxiety. You may be having anxiety attacts. I know I have had those, and agreed with the diagnosis. The feelings are similar. I never took no drugs for them, unless you count st. john's whort. I did/do practice meditation.
Thanks O.D. I had a really good day yesterday. I told myself not to worry about so much shit and for once in a long time I felt normal again. Thanks to DeantheCoot for his words of encouragement who suffers from anxiety too.

By the way O.D., if I worked out really hard (like jumping rope between sets while lifting) I would feel more PVCs, which I read could be brought on by a lot of stimulus especially hard cardiovascular stimulus. Problem is with me my "little" physical feelings are generating huge mental worries like the feeling that I will die. That's the anxiety.

Thanks to those who responded thus far.
Man, I have very similar symptoms that you have. I have been to a cardiologist (stress test, echocardogram, cardiac calcium score, blood work for cardiac enzymes) and everything cardiac is normal. I finally figured out my PVC's were being caused from I am very sensitive to caffeine. One cup of coffee, one can of coke, even a chocolate bar and I have PVC's.
Caffeine also increased my anxiety, along with the PVC's making me feel like I was going to die......
Anyway, I was just wondering if this was possibly causing your symptoms?

Offline bearattack

• Quitter
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2009, 09:20:00 PM »
What catches my eye is the pills...
Sure your not just geeking on speed...

Fukukodiak!!!

Offline Pyrovalin

• Quitter
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2009, 12:19:00 PM »
Quote from: O.D.
Maybe someone here can relate. The last 2 months has been hell. If you have the time, please read this.

Here's a quick story about last year: A year ago I was rushed to the hospital one afternoon after having several PVCs (Premature Ventricular Contractions or when your heart skips a beat) and feeling like I was going to pass out; just feeling like complete shit. I had been dipping that day a lot. Basically I thought I was having a heart attack and was going to die. By the way I'm only 34 years old. I told the paramedics I had been dipping that day and all they did was say they did too and that I was fine. The doctors took my vitals, blood, ECG, etc. and sent me home telling me I had had an anxiety/panic attack and prescribed me Ativen and told me to lay off the diet pills I was taking. Everything was fine after that day until this past April.

I'm a high school teacher and stay athletic. I mountain bike, hike, jog almost daily, and eat fairly well. This past April was our school's spring break. The first Saturday I had off I visited a friend and stayed up until 3 am the next morning. I had been dipping heavily all night. I went home and got in bed only to find it took until 5:30 am to finally get to sleep. I felt like my heart was racing and felt like shit and I attributed it to an all night binge of dipping. I almost felt like I did a year ago. A few days later I went to another friends house to visit and stayed until 3 am again and had been dipping heavily all night only this time I felt like I did the year before and it wouldn't go away. I tried everything to calm down. My heart was beating fast, etc. This lasted all the way until 3 am the next morning. I freaked my wife out and myself. I finally went to the ER only to find out, you guessed it, diagnosed anxiety/panic. Again was given Ativen. Thus began my first quit day. I figured the dip wasn't helping things and I was sick and tired of feeling shitty all the time anyways. I had a full physical scheduled the following Friday. All they did was the typical "turn your head and cough" crap, took blood, and sent me on my way. Blood tests were normal etc. They then referred me to a Psychiatric doc who put me on 5mg doses of Lexapro daily.

For the first weeks following my last binge dipping night I couldn't sleep at all. For the past 50 days I've had weird symptoms of all sorts. Flushed feeling in my heart and chest, light chest pain, nausea, the feeling like something's taking my breath away, PVCs, fatigue, sleepiness, lack of sleep some nights. All of which don't happen consistently but come and go and it's driving me mad. I wish I could enjoy the fact I've been 50 days dip free but all I can think is I'm dying and it's because of chew. FOr me the quitting has been easy because all I can think about is getting through the next day of these crazy-assed symptoms.

Does anyone else feel this way?? I don't know if it's the Lexapro or withdrawl symptoms. The doctors are oblivious and it pisses me off. I'll bring up chew and they don't care. What is happening to me!
I am not a doctor. I was a nurse. I've had similar symptoms, but not gone to the doctor about them, yet. I have brought them on by binge dipping, also. They have also been brought on by pushing my workouts too hard. I don't think I've had the symptoms since my quit. They haven't been as severe as yours. Actually, I am hoping that they won't. My mother and brother also have had similar symptoms. Ultimatley, they both were diagonosed with an abscure heart disease. My brother quit this year. My mother never picked up tobacco at all.

The obscure heart disease? I don't remember the name. It was found primarily with tilt and stress tests. If you are in the possition to do so, I'd recommend requesting a consult to a cardiologist.

Now, with that being said, I'm not saying that's what you've got. The symptoms ARE the same as anxiety. You may be having anxiety attacts. I know I have had those, and agreed with the diagnosis. The feelings are similar. I never took no drugs for them, unless you count st. john's whort. I did/do practice meditation.
Thanks O.D. I had a really good day yesterday. I told myself not to worry about so much shit and for once in a long time I felt normal again. Thanks to DeantheCoot for his words of encouragement who suffers from anxiety too.

By the way O.D., if I worked out really hard (like jumping rope between sets while lifting) I would feel more PVCs, which I read could be brought on by a lot of stimulus especially hard cardiovascular stimulus. Problem is with me my "little" physical feelings are generating huge mental worries like the feeling that I will die. That's the anxiety.

Thanks to those who responded thus far.

Offline Pyrovalin

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2009, 12:13:00 PM »
Quote from: MikeCO
What is your blood pressure? Cholesterol levels? Are they normal?
My blood pressure was normal and my triglycerides were somewhat elevated. All they said was eat less fatty foods and exercise. I guessed that though since I don't eat the best food all the time and I would go through periods of being idle (lazy). But I've been exercising regularly lately and losing weight. Makes me feel better. Now I'm nearing 210. My goal is 200 even.

Offline O.D.

• Quitter
  • Interests: CrossFitTriAthalonGrappling
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2009, 10:09:00 PM »

"If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment. "
Marcus Aurelius Antoninus

Offline sigma1570

• Quitter
  • Interests: Fine food, golf, books, outdoors, women, traveling, cars, movies, pottery...and a bunch more
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2009, 06:54:00 PM »

Good old western medicine. Always tries to isolate problems and fix it with a pill without taking a look at the bigger picture. Have you thought of seeing a doctor who practices both eastern and western medicine?
Resist Much, Obey Little

Offline MikeCO

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2009, 04:30:00 PM »
What is your blood pressure? Cholesterol levels? Are they normal?

Offline Smokeyg

• Quit King
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2009, 12:52:00 AM »
This is a little off-topic but can an admin answer this.
What software did you use to record/screen capture the roll call video? I'm a teacher and I'm looking for a rocking piece of software to screen capture my digital photoshop lessons for both my college students and high school kids. Thanks.
You should check out the wildcard section CLICK HERE. There's probably a technical forum just along those lines.

Offline Pyrovalin

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2009, 11:54:00 PM »
This is a little off-topic but can an admin answer this.
What software did you use to record/screen capture the roll call video? I'm a teacher and I'm looking for a rocking piece of software to screen capture my digital photoshop lessons for both my college students and high school kids. Thanks.