Author Topic: New Guy!  (Read 899 times)

Offline rhamsher

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New Guy!
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 03:55:00 PM »
Cigarettes Act Like A Diuretic And Also A Laxative In The Body So When You Take Nicotine Away You Can Get Constipated!

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
Re: New Guy!
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 03:12:00 PM »
Quote from: Brad1985
Hey guys, was Googling some of the withdrawal symptoms I seem to be having and came across this site. Seems like a thing I need to be a part of if Im gonna do this! Had my last dip Monday night. Then, Tuesday evening got in a big argument with my girlfriend, whom lives with me, over a ziploc freezer bag...bad enough so she went to stay at her moms for a couple days. Luckily we talked last night and shes coming back today. Havent told her I quit dipping yet because now it would just seem like an excuse. BUT, I made it through the last couple of days without buying a can although it was very difficult.
I quit about a year ago because I deployed to a country where I couldnt buy it. Wasnt bad because I had a lot going on so I didnt have much time to think about it. About 3 weeks in my stomach was killing me, couldnt go to the bathroom, it looked and felt like I had a basketball in my stomach. It was not a situation where I could go to the doctor and it really freaked me out. Found out it could be a symptom of quitting and it was so bad that I got a cigarette from a buddy, smoked it, pooped about 20 minutes later and felt fine from then on. Had GF mail me dip after that.
Fast forward to now... terrible night sweats the last couple of nights, slight trouble sleeping, but im most concerned with the stomach issues returning. Has anyone had this issue when quitting? And how did you deal with it?
Sorry for rambling. Trying to keep myself occupied. Just got done with lunch, usually have a dip right about now
Drink tons and tons of water. You didn't quit before you only stopped. This time is for real?
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Brad1985

• Quit Date: 2019-01-04
  • Likes Given: 0
New Guy!
« on: November 07, 2014, 02:31:00 PM »
Hey guys, was Googling some of the withdrawal symptoms I seem to be having and came across this site. Seems like a thing I need to be a part of if Im gonna do this! Had my last dip Monday night. Then, Tuesday evening got in a big argument with my girlfriend, whom lives with me, over a ziploc freezer bag...bad enough so she went to stay at her moms for a couple days. Luckily we talked last night and shes coming back today. Havent told her I quit dipping yet because now it would just seem like an excuse. BUT, I made it through the last couple of days without buying a can although it was very difficult.
I quit about a year ago because I deployed to a country where I couldnt buy it. Wasnt bad because I had a lot going on so I didnt have much time to think about it. About 3 weeks in my stomach was killing me, couldnt go to the bathroom, it looked and felt like I had a basketball in my stomach. It was not a situation where I could go to the doctor and it really freaked me out. Found out it could be a symptom of quitting and it was so bad that I got a cigarette from a buddy, smoked it, pooped about 20 minutes later and felt fine from then on. Had GF mail me dip after that.
Fast forward to now... terrible night sweats the last couple of nights, slight trouble sleeping, but im most concerned with the stomach issues returning. Has anyone had this issue when quitting? And how did you deal with it?
Sorry for rambling. Trying to keep myself occupied. Just got done with lunch, usually have a dip right about now