Author Topic: Why???;  (Read 2593 times)

Offline Sadjr111

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Why???;
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2010, 01:51:00 PM »
Grimace, this site works on the principle of accountability. By posting roll and having phone numbers of the people here, you make your self accountable to them. You keep your word. You had no accountability = your quit didn't last. Are you going to make your self accountable to the other members on this site?
HOF 2-17-2011
500 Days 3-23-12

Offline USAFCCT

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2010, 01:40:00 PM »
I have recently thought about this web site and why the principles work. One of my greatest interests is fitness and I think this quitting business has a lot of similarities to working out. Consider for a minute the success rate of people who are trying to get in shape using a home gym vs someone paying monthly for a gym membership. Most people that I know who have their own equipment at their home rarely put it to good use. Studies show that most people will be more successful by joining a gym. The monthly membership will often make one feel monetarily invested, the gym provides a more intriguing/stimulating workout environment, and most importantly joining a workout group or having a workout partner makes you feel socially invested. When you have a workout partner expecting you to be at the gym every morning, it makes it that much more difficult for you to pull the covers over your head and go back to sleep. You feel as though someone is counting on you. Your absence will undoubtedly affect your partner's workout. Just as you feel obligated to show up, so does your partner. The parallels to this site are obvious. All of our quits are made stronger by the knowledge that there are people on here counting on you to be here. We see other people succeed and grow stronger in their quit and it pushes us to become stronger in our quit. We develop a bond with our quit brothers and we don't want to disappoint them and let them down. We post roll every day because our quit brothers are waiting to see us post roll. We stay quit because if he can do it, why can't I?
-------------------
Quit Date: 15DEC2010
Groupthink: it's what's for dinner.

Offline grimace8777

• Quitter
  • Interests: Rock Climbing, Running, Fathering
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2010, 12:39:00 PM »
Ya, you guys are right for sure. I have been a member for a long time, thought I could go at it alone but I now realize my method was flawed. I started posting role that is what I am doing this time, and I realize that even after 100 days that doesn't mean shit because I had crossed 200 days before.

So now when I have a craving, I come read on this site and that seems to help so far as well.

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 11:31:00 PM »
If you are serious, give your word.

Then keep it.

Offline nmc

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 11:27:00 PM »
Quote from: grimace8777
How did I quit for 9 months and let myself go back at it?  This question plagues me big time, I don't get it the first can was the hardest to buy. 
You didn't quit, you were just taking a break. You've been a member here for over a year and you've only got two posts? Spend some time learning about this place and what quitting means and I suspect you'll start to get it.

Indeed, what is going to be different?

Offline Smokeyg

• Quit King
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 11:06:00 PM »
Rah Rah Rah Sis Boom Bah.

Whoopdee fuckin' doo.

What's going to make this time different?

Offline grimace8777

• Quitter
  • Interests: Rock Climbing, Running, Fathering
Why???;
« on: December 19, 2010, 10:40:00 PM »
So, here I am yet again. I quit for 9 months!!!! I had a few life problems happen, nothing really out of the ordinary life BS and bam, I'm back at it. How did I quit for 9 months and let myself go back at it? This question plagues me big time, I don't get it the first can was the hardest to buy. So, here I am again 4 chews in the last 7 days and 0 in the last 2. I'm tired of always thinking that I'm going to die of cancer, I'm tired of looking at my mouth every 2 seconds trying to figure out if "that's normal". I never worried about that stuff after 9 months! I feel like such a failure for going back, well, not this time, I've got to quit for good.

Sorry, just had to get this off my chest, I'm going to be working back in the field in a few days and it's going to be a fight but one that I must win!!!