Author Topic: jmag intro;  (Read 2167 times)

Offline Colonel_No_Cope

• BANNED
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: jmag intro;
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2009, 12:33:00 PM »
Quote from: jmag
No worries fellas. Pure entertainment. Day 3 was an ass kicker but day 4 is looking up.

J
Way to go... sounds like you have the right attitude going into your quit.

In many cases, as you have already heard, any note that catches your attention is 10-15 minutes where your mind is thinking about something else.

Even if it amounts to jokes, ribbing, and general shinanigans.

Keep it up!!!

Offline jmag

• Quit Pro
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2009, 11:48:00 AM »
No worries fellas. Pure entertainment. Day 3 was an ass kicker but day 4 is looking up.

J

Offline wildcat99

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: quitting skoal...
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2009, 11:24:00 AM »
Quote from: niwot
Quote from: Colonel_No_Cope
Quote from: ScooterScum
I find myself sitting here reading what everyone has to say and I quit thinking about a dip.
You have learned a valuable lesson very early in your quit!! 'clap' 'clap' That is one of the objectives of this site and forum is to keep your mind occupied while learning to function without dip. Sometimes it may come in the form of rants, rages, jokes, etc... You may become so pissed off at a fellow poster that you want to leave the site. Just remember no matter how pissed off you are at someone, their bullshit helped keep your mind off of your craves!!! That why many will tell you to take what you need from this forum and ignore the rest!
Never have truer words have been spoken... typen... typed... you get the drift!!! 'bang head'

Be sure to read stuff on the site about the Fog, Funk, and the timelines/milestones you can expect along the trail to the HOF.

Don't get too wrapped up in what the Hall of Fame means just yet, early on you need to stick to your day by day, hour by hour.
Colonel- we may have a funk infringement! As you know Wildcat99 from April 09 bought the exclucive rights to the funk and you are hearby informed to cease and desist from using said funk in any way that may hinder Cats' ability to benefit from his owning of the funk.

Carry on!

Did I do that right Guapo?
WTFO???
Hey Colonel- just a running joke about how Wildcatt "owns the funk" no disrespect intended!!
No problemo... I figured there was some inside joke that I was not privy to.
Hey Jmag- not disresepcting your intro page- just helping keep your mind off dip!
Yeah, the funk is MINE... it is not something I proudly own... nonetheless, I own it. If you really want to try it out, we could possibly arrange a lease with an option to buy or something like that. It's a piece of shit though--just being real. Maybe I should just hang onto it--take one for the team? :ph43r:

Offline niwot

• Quitter
  • Interests: Son in competitive soccer/ coaching. golf, outdoors with family. I am a tree lover, not a hugger.
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2009, 11:18:00 AM »
I find myself sitting here reading what everyone has to say and I quit thinking about a dip.
You have learned a valuable lesson very early in your quit!! 'clap' 'clap' That is one of the objectives of this site and forum is to keep your mind occupied while learning to function without dip. Sometimes it may come in the form of rants, rages, jokes, etc... You may become so pissed off at a fellow poster that you want to leave the site. Just remember no matter how pissed off you are at someone, their bullshit helped keep your mind off of your craves!!! That why many will tell you to take what you need from this forum and ignore the rest!
Never have truer words have been spoken... typen... typed... you get the drift!!! 'bang head'

Be sure to read stuff on the site about the Fog, Funk, and the timelines/milestones you can expect along the trail to the HOF.

Don't get too wrapped up in what the Hall of Fame means just yet, early on you need to stick to your day by day, hour by hour.
Colonel- we may have a funk infringement! As you know Wildcat99 from April 09 bought the exclucive rights to the funk and you are hearby informed to cease and desist from using said funk in any way that may hinder Cats' ability to benefit from his owning of the funk.

Carry on!

WTFO???
Hey Colonel- just a running joke about how Wildcatt "owns the funk" no disrespect intended!!
Hey Jmag- not disresepcting your intro page- just helping keep your mind off dip!
There are 2 types of pain: the pain of DISCIPLINE and the pain of REGRET.

Offline Colonel_No_Cope

• BANNED
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2009, 11:08:00 AM »

Carry on!

WTFO???

Offline niwot

• Quitter
  • Interests: Son in competitive soccer/ coaching. golf, outdoors with family. I am a tree lover, not a hugger.
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2009, 10:53:00 AM »

Carry on!

WTFO???

Offline Colonel_No_Cope

• BANNED
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2009, 10:13:00 AM »

Carry on!

WTFO???

Offline niwot

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2009, 07:21:00 PM »

Carry on!

Offline Colonel_No_Cope

• BANNED
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2009, 04:27:00 PM »

Offline DeanTheCoot

• Quitter
  • Interests: reading, eating, walking, running, fishing, Freemasonry, coffee, pussy, hunting, motorcycles, history, badminton, trees
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2009, 03:53:00 PM »
"I can't help but look at a tractor and want to have a dip."

You know, jmag, I am the same way. I see pussy, and all I can think about is dead hookers.

Wait. Wrong forum.

What I am trying to say is that, for me, work and driving have been and continue to be the worst situations. Chris, every situation is the worst. But I look at it like this: I have been through 35 days of this. What's one more?

And hell yes...take it hour by hour. No shame. I am still taking it minute-by-minute some days.

I really want to see you post Day 35, bro. And 100. And 365. Etc. Don't be a fucking pussy asshole. Quit, and stay that way. This drug is a piece of shit.

Offline ScooterScum

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: My Wife, Kids, Dirt Bike Riding, Golf, Football, Baseball, Camping, Fishing
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2009, 03:47:00 PM »
If it wasn't for Physics and Law Enforcement!
I would be UNSTOPPABLE!!!
HOF 3/08/09
23rd Floor 3/17/15

Offline jmag

• Quit Pro
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2009, 03:29:00 PM »
This is great guys. I find myself sitting here reading what everyone has to say and I quit thinking about a dip. This is my first day back at work since my quit. This is where I have most of my triggers. I can't help but look at a tractor and want to have a dip. Driving from one field to another just makes me want a dip. So far the seeds and fake stuff are helping and I am NOT going to fail.

Offline GlennFtheKodiak

• Quitter
  • Interests: Gym and Coaching and Running Pop Warner Program. I'll fuck all you mother fuckers up.
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 12:55:00 PM »
Thanks guys for the encouragement. I am trying to take it hour by hour right now.

J
Jmag, welcome. Follow the advice you have already been given. Things will get better and this site and ur fellow quitters will help you!
football rules, soccer drools

HOF: July 7th, 2009

Offline Montana Rob

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 12:49:00 PM »
jmag-

Welcome! Hey, day three really sucks but tomorrow will be ALOT better. You just have to hang in there and refuse to fail. Find some sunflower seeds, life savers, altoids, gum, fake snuff, what ever it takes to keep the shit out of your mouth. I'm just a few days ahead of you and just started my journey.

Stay close to this site, it helps. Read, post, read some more. Lots of good stuff here.

IT DOES GET BETTER!!!!! HANG IN THERE!!!

Offline Colonel_No_Cope

• BANNED
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 12:40:00 PM »
Thanks guys for the encouragement. I am trying to take it hour by hour right now.

J
I know the feeling. I got so many notes and e-mails my first day/week that they kept my mind off the craves and other detrimental activities. Thats the idea for the first week... just keep busy and avoid your triggers.

Keep up with the posting and read plenty... good info on this site.