Author Topic: jabr Introduction  (Read 2382 times)

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Beach, Fishing, BBQ
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: jabr Introduction
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2015, 01:54:00 PM »
Quote from: Rawls
Quote from: trigerhapy
2nd floor, congratulations!
Bad ass April Ape support.
Dude... Congrats on the two hundy!
Quit with you EDD ODAAT.
Congrats on finding the key to the 2nd floor! Keep on quitting.

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2015, 01:20:00 PM »
Quote from: trigerhapy
Dude... Congrats on the two hundy!
Quit with you EDD ODAAT.
I believe.....

Offline trigerhapy

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 01/05/15
  • Interests: Quit for LIFE
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2015, 12:01:00 PM »

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 12:06:00 AM »
awesome intro jabr. 30 year is absolutely spot on here. You have what it takes and KTC will keep you fueled up. Awesome job on your own, not many can do what you have done. Quit with ya today.

Mogul

Offline canless2014

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-30
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 07:35:00 PM »
Congrats on the quit, and smart decision coming to KTC.

I did a similar thing — survived till about Day 70 on my own, stumbled onto KTC and joined. Glad I did because I'm not sure my quit would have made it the last couple weeks without this crew. When I joined, my thought process was similar to how you described yours the first time you stopped: thinking you could quit and eventually things would be fine, life would be easier and you wouldn't even crave it.

I figured by Day 70 I was "really quit" and I was even considering getting a cigar to celebrate my friend's job offer, thinking, "Well it's not dip or cigarettes!" Obviously I know cigars have tobacco and nicotine as well ... I don't know how I even tried justifying that to myself.

My point is: KTC will whip you into shape. Any hesitations you have, any "hopes" or "tries" or "maybes" — they'll knock 'em right out of your addict mouth. We're here to quit, not pussy around and talk about how much we miss putting cancer dirt in our mouths.

PM me if you need anything. I quit with you today, and EDD.
"Post roll. Post more if you want to. That's the beauty of the place: We ask you post roll. We ask you to be honest. That's all. No more. No less. Be there for your brothers and ask for help when you need it." - Wastepanel 10/6/14

"What would you do to save your own life? If you were fighting cancer today would you suffer through Chemo, surgeries, try new a therapy? change your diet, go to church? What intolerable hell would you endure to simply live. When you have thought long and hard about that, think on this. Why not apply that attitude to your quit. Suffer through the temporary discomfort of withdrawal to achieve your freedom from a slow painful demise via nicotine. Your in the ring already- fight like you mean it." - Skoal Monster 10/8/14

Quit Date: 6/30/2014 at 4:30 PM

HOF Date: 10/07/2014

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 05:00:00 PM »
Awesome job on the quit.

KTC will be the nail in the coffin of your addiction if you buy in all the way. It gets better. trust me. The craves do get far less in frequency and duration.

If you want some more reading, read your quit group from the beginning and december 2014, lots of wisdom dropped in that group early on.

Holler if you need anything!

Offline jabr

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Agriculture, NCAAFB, Arkansas Razorbacks, STL Cardinals
jabr Introduction
« on: September 14, 2014, 04:36:00 PM »
I've read all the WoW posts. I've read a lot of the Intro's.

What can I say? I'm just like a pretty high percent of the rest of y'all.

-Buddy gave me a dip in about 7th grade.
-By the time we were 16 and could drive, that was it. Been dipping on and off (very, VERY little off) ever since.
-Never really had to worry about hiding it. Ex wife didn't care. But I've got friends that have been hiding it from their families for years. That's really got to suck and I feel for them.
-My biggest problem in the last few years is snuff is just about everywhere I look. All 6 guys that work for me dip. Four of five coworkers on my level dip.

I've stopped before. Once for several months if not 1.5-2 yr. I think the problem was that I never grasped that the craving and triggers would never completely subside. I learned that here last week. And now I better understand what I'm up against, which simplifies it for me.

I quit on August 14. I ran out on the 13th after a field day and said, "that's it". Really no premeditation to it. I guess I'm not young anymore. I've got a lot of aches and pains that don't go away now. I think that has given me a glimpse of my own mortality. The snuff had to go!!

I survived til 25 before I found KTC. Posted roll every day since 28.