Author Topic: Quit on May 16  (Read 1137 times)

Offline Copehater

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Quit on May 16
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2011, 06:52:00 PM »
Quote from: au2456
Thanks to everyone for the encouragement! Really thought the strong cravings would ease after a couple of weeks. Bad choice of words to imply that I thought it would become easy! I'm hanging on. Can't seem to find the place to post 'roll call'? Thanks for all the help!
Welcome Brother - glad to support you
Are We Having Fun Yet?

Offline dante

• Quit Pro
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2011, 06:00:00 PM »
Thanks to everyone for the encouragement! Really thought the strong cravings would ease after a couple of weeks. Bad choice of words to imply that I thought it would become easy! I'm hanging on. Can't seem to find the place to post 'roll call'? Thanks for all the help!
Saw that you posted roll...congrats and welcome to August 2011! I quit with you today!
Quit Date: May 10, 2011

Offline rebeldog

• Quit Pro
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2011, 07:20:00 AM »
AU: Read through thoses links in my first reply then go here:

index.php?showtopic=4651

It's under Quit Groups.
You will never grow taller than when you stoop to help a brother. - The Varlet

Offline au2456

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2011, 07:16:00 AM »

Offline Parputt

• Quit King
  • Quit date: 1-13-2011
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2011, 06:43:00 AM »
Just found you guys!  Everything I read told me that it would be easy after the two weeks.
It will get easier after the first week or two, but it will NEVER be easy. It it was easy everyone could quit. Dig deep and you can do this. We are here to help.
QD:  1-13-11
HOF: 4-22-11
Sobriety date: 3-4-07

One is one too many
One more is never enough

This Is My Quit

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose ~ Dr. Seuss

Offline nicofiend

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2011, 11:18:00 PM »
au2456: Welcome aboard the QUITTERS TRAIN!!! You have done HELL week, and it hasnt killed you!, just post roll daily and say I quit today= key to success!!! Glad to be quit with you. Nico

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 09:09:00 PM »
I am at Day 263 and it's better...not perfect, but much better. I make it through most days without a serious crave, but triggers are still all around...mowing the lawn, BBQing, etc. The key (for me) is that jogging has taken dipping's place. I'm no "cardiologomist" but I believe that most of them would say that is a good thing.

Now, if I could just give up crack...j/k.

Replace dipping with something else...preferably a better choice. Jogging and Breathsavers are my new Copenshlagen...and I'm happier and healthier than ever...despite the occasional crave.

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 08:59:00 PM »
I've never heard of anyone here that has had it easy after two weeks. So in that area, you have a ton of company. It's perfectly normal...it takes a while to fix the many years of stupid.

Where might I ask did you read that it would be easy? That is the most misleading thing I've ever heard.

It will be hard, that I can promise you.

It will be worth it, that I can also promise you.

Unfortunately, I can't tell you when it will get better. Its different for all of us. Stick with the program here and you will never have to feel this way again.

Never again.

Offline dante

• Quit Pro
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 07:34:00 PM »
Just found you guys!  Everything I read told me that it would be easy after the two weeks.  Not true for me!  Can't believe how the cravings continue!  I am committed!
I was a late arrival to the August 2011 group. They (should say we) are a great group of quitters. I have found that they have welcomed me as if I started with them on day 1. All they asked of me was to post roll, keep my word and stay quit, today.

I get cravings too, all addicts do, but today I gave my word that I will be a slave to that shit no longer!

I will quit with you every day..all I ask of YOU is what was asked of me. Post Roll, Keep Your Word and Stay Quit...today.

Welcome to the forum Au2456...proud to be quit with you today!

Let me know if I can do anything to help!
Quit Date: May 10, 2011

Offline rebeldog

• Quit Pro
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 06:47:00 PM »
Just found you guys!  Everything I read told me that it would be easy after the two weeks.  Not true for me!  Can't believe how the cravings continue!  I am committed!
Welcome AU. Yes, you will still have cravings. You are a nicotine addict as are we. This site is about learning how to be stronger than that addiction with the added benefit of brotherhood and accountability. If you choose to quit with us, you will be in the August 2011 preHOF group.

Please read through this: index.php?showforum=13

Others will be along to welcome you too. Contact me should you need.

RebelDog...84.75 days nicotine free.
You will never grow taller than when you stoop to help a brother. - The Varlet

Offline au2456

• Quitter
Quit on May 16
« on: May 31, 2011, 06:31:00 PM »
Just found you guys! Everything I read told me that it would be easy after the two weeks. Not true for me! Can't believe how the cravings continue! I am committed!