Author Topic: This is going to suck!!!  (Read 2025 times)

Offline natemtb

• Quitter
  • Interests: Bikes, Hunting, Camping, COD4.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: This is going to suck!!!
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2009, 12:12:00 PM »
Quote from: iuchewie
Quote from: natemtb
Day 7 of my quit.
My tongue hurts so f***** bad, my jaw hurts from chewing gum, I'm like a human garbage disposal. You guys have any options I haven't considered?  Is mint chew and stuff like that a good option, pro's and Con's if anyone has ever used them.
Thanks for your Help
Nate  'dems'
Personally I was a HUGE fan of the fake chews...

Smokey Mountain and Hooch are my two personal favs.

http://www.killthecan.org/yourquit/alternatives.asp

Bottom line is this... whatever keeps the real stuff out of your mouth! Congrats on a week my man... that's HUGE!
Thanks Brother

Offline chewie

• Administrator
  • Master of Quit
    • 406Northlane
  • Quit Date: 7.24.2006
  • Interests: quitting, family, digital marketing, beer, whiskey, horror movies... Fucks Given: 0
  • Likes Given: 351
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2009, 11:56:00 AM »
Day 7 of my quit.
My tongue hurts so f***** bad, my jaw hurts from chewing gum, I'm like a human garbage disposal. You guys have any options I haven't considered? Is mint chew and stuff like that a good option, pro's and Con's if anyone has ever used them.
Thanks for your Help
Nate 'dems'
Personally I was a HUGE fan of the fake chews...

Smokey Mountain and Hooch are my two personal favs.

http://www.killthecan.org/yourquit/alternatives.asp

Bottom line is this... whatever keeps the real stuff out of your mouth! Congrats on a week my man... that's HUGE!
"Every man dies... not every man really lives." - William Wallace

QD - 7.24.06 / HOF - 10.31.06 / 2nd - 2.08.07 / 3rd - 5.19.07 / 4th - 8.27.07 / 5th - 12.05.07 / 6th - 3.14.08 / 7th - 6.22.08 / 8th - 9.30.08 / 9th - 1.08.09 / Comma - 4.18.09 / 11th - 7.27.09 / 12th - 11.04.09 / 13th - 2.12.10 / 14th - 05.23.10 / 15th - 08.31.2010 / 16th - 12.9.10 / 17th - 3.19.11 / 18th - 6.27.11 / 19th - 10.5.11 / 2K - 1.13.12 / 21st - 4.22.12 / 22nd - 7.31.12 / 23rd - 11.8.12 / 24th - 2.16.13 / 25th - 5.27.13 / 26th - 9.4.13 / 27th - 12.12.13 / 28th - 3.24.14 / 29th - 7.1.14 / 3K - 10.9.14 / 31st - 1.17.15 / 32nd - 4.27.15 / 33rd - 8.5.15 / 34th - 9.13.15 / 35th - 2.21.16 / 36th - 5.31.16 / 37th - 9.8.16 / 38th - 12.17.16 / 39th - 3.27.17 / 4K - 7.5.17 / 41st - 10.13.17 / 42nd - 1.21.18 / 43rd - 5.1.18 / 44th - 8.9.18 / 45th - 11.17.18 / 46th - 2.25.19 / 47th - 6.5.19 / 48th - 9.13.19 / 49th - 12.22.19 / 5K - 4.1.20 / 51st - 7.9.20 / 52nd - 10.17.20 / 53rd - 1.25.21 / 54th - 5.5.21 / 55th - 8.13.21 / 56th - 11.21.21 / 57th - 3.1.22 / 58th - 6.9.22 / 59th - 9.17.22 / 6K - 12.26.22 / 61st - 4.5.23 / 62nd - 7.14.23 / 63rd - 10.22.23 / 64th - 1.20.24 / 65th - 5.9.24 / 66th - 8.17.24

Episode III: The Final Quit | 406 Northlane | ScareTissue.com

Offline natemtb

• Quitter
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2009, 11:35:00 AM »
Day 7 of my quit.
My tongue hurts so f***** bad, my jaw hurts from chewing gum, I'm like a human garbage disposal. You guys have any options I haven't considered? Is mint chew and stuff like that a good option, pro's and Con's if anyone has ever used them.
Thanks for your Help
Nate 'dems'

Offline NowItsTime

• Quit Pro
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2009, 08:08:00 PM »
Quote from: redyota
Quote from: Vertex
Quote from: FtheKodiak
Quote from: markr
I don't know if this is the place to put this but I figured its as good as any.  If there is a better place, mayber somebody could let me know. 

'help' this is day 2 for me.  Thanks to everyone with their encouraging words.  I have to be honest though.  This is harder than I thought. 
     Does anyone remember that MegaDeath song with the lyrics "Icy fingers Claw My Back"  kinda feel like that right now.  My every thought is consumed with getting a chew, how good it would be.
     on the other hand, I sure as hell don't want to go through this again, its amazing how the justification attempts my head is making.  I wish I could just go to sleep and wake up in 3 days when it was all over.  On a positive note, my last chew was at around 10 a.m. yesterday, Boy did I sleep good last night.  Woke up and felt rested and felt really good....until the nic fits started up a little while ago.
Nate
Hang in there Nate. It will get better it will take a few more days The fog will roll in and you will be in a stupor but quit. Whatever you do don't let the Nic Bitch convince you a dip will help. The nicotine will be out of your system in anther day or so then it will all be a mind game. Be strong you can win this battle.
Be resillant man, everyone, and I mean everyone on here, went through the same thing. As mark said, it will get easier. just hang in there and know if you go back you will be a failure and a loser. those days are over.
Welcome Nate. I'm from Colorado too. I just realized that in September, 1987 (22 years ago), I became dependent on the nic bitch. I'm 46 days quit right now, and moving forward w/ you. You can, and will, get past this. Don't fall for the lies she tells you! Don't look at the new panties she's wearing! She is, and always will be, a B-I-T-C-H!

Stay on this site. Read, post, vent, whatever you need. Just get through the first 72 hours, then you're nic free. You'll work through the fog, maybe work through some rage, but in the end, you'll be stronger, and you'll be quit! Get some numbers from your quit group, or pm me for mine. You can do this!
natemtb,

This is good stuff. Make sure you are telling this to the folks in your quit group as well. They are currently going through the same symptoms you are. This may help one of them, and one of them may know something that can help you.

Stay quit.
More CO quitters. I love it. Someday we'll take over the TX quitters on this site. Well, maybe not. Keep it up. It does suck. And guess what, it will keep sucking for a while. 3 days is not a magic number. It will continue to get better every day though. PM me if you need a fellow CO quitter's number. It's yours.

NIT - 546 days quit.
There's no reason to become alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of your flight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?

Never cut what you can untie.

Offline redyota

• Master of Quit
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2009, 07:22:00 PM »
Quote from: Vertex
I don't know if this is the place to put this but I figured its as good as any.  If there is a better place, mayber somebody could let me know. 

'help' this is day 2 for me.  Thanks to everyone with their encouraging words.  I have to be honest though.  This is harder than I thought. 
     Does anyone remember that MegaDeath song with the lyrics "Icy fingers Claw My Back"  kinda feel like that right now.  My every thought is consumed with getting a chew, how good it would be.
     on the other hand, I sure as hell don't want to go through this again, its amazing how the justification attempts my head is making.  I wish I could just go to sleep and wake up in 3 days when it was all over.  On a positive note, my last chew was at around 10 a.m. yesterday, Boy did I sleep good last night.  Woke up and felt rested and felt really good....until the nic fits started up a little while ago.
Nate
Hang in there Nate. It will get better it will take a few more days The fog will roll in and you will be in a stupor but quit. Whatever you do don't let the Nic Bitch convince you a dip will help. The nicotine will be out of your system in anther day or so then it will all be a mind game. Be strong you can win this battle.
Be resillant man, everyone, and I mean everyone on here, went through the same thing. As mark said, it will get easier. just hang in there and know if you go back you will be a failure and a loser. those days are over.
Welcome Nate. I'm from Colorado too. I just realized that in September, 1987 (22 years ago), I became dependent on the nic bitch. I'm 46 days quit right now, and moving forward w/ you. You can, and will, get past this. Don't fall for the lies she tells you! Don't look at the new panties she's wearing! She is, and always will be, a B-I-T-C-H!

Stay on this site. Read, post, vent, whatever you need. Just get through the first 72 hours, then you're nic free. You'll work through the fog, maybe work through some rage, but in the end, you'll be stronger, and you'll be quit! Get some numbers from your quit group, or pm me for mine. You can do this!
natemtb,

This is good stuff. Make sure you are telling this to the folks in your quit group as well. They are currently going through the same symptoms you are. This may help one of them, and one of them may know something that can help you.

Stay quit.
"We shall not fail or falter; we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools and we will finish the job." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Not using gets much easier as time goes by, but the consequences of "just one" never lessen." - Me

Offline Vertex

• Quitter
  • Interests: Outdoors (archery, camping), motorcycle, working out, raising my kids, being a better husband and father.
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2009, 05:17:00 PM »

Nate

Offline cdforecheck

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Buckeye Football, Ice Hockey
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2009, 04:06:00 PM »

Nate
hang on dude, the worst of the physical part is almost over....
Go Bucks! Quit Date: 12-23-2011

Offline GlennFtheKodiak

• Quitter
  • Interests: Gym and Coaching and Running Pop Warner Program. I'll fuck all you mother fuckers up.
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2009, 12:25:00 PM »

Nate
football rules, soccer drools

HOF: July 7th, 2009

Offline markr

• Quit Date 04/01/2009
  • Quitter
  • Interests: I like Bowhunting Deer, bowfishing, shooting, deer hunting, fishing for bass and smallies in local lake and streams. Taking my daughter out in the wild my youngest love to shoot ,hunt and fish. I am a Hunters ed instructor and like to introduce kids to outdoors activities. Restoring old tractors.
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2009, 12:17:00 PM »
I don't know if this is the place to put this but I figured its as good as any. If there is a better place, mayber somebody could let me know.

'help' this is day 2 for me. Thanks to everyone with their encouraging words. I have to be honest though. This is harder than I thought.
Does anyone remember that MegaDeath song with the lyrics "Icy fingers Claw My Back" kinda feel like that right now. My every thought is consumed with getting a chew, how good it would be.
on the other hand, I sure as hell don't want to go through this again, its amazing how the justification attempts my head is making. I wish I could just go to sleep and wake up in 3 days when it was all over. On a positive note, my last chew was at around 10 a.m. yesterday, Boy did I sleep good last night. Woke up and felt rested and felt really good....until the nic fits started up a little while ago.
Nate

Offline natemtb

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2009, 12:12:00 PM »
I don't know if this is the place to put this but I figured its as good as any. If there is a better place, mayber somebody could let me know.

'help' this is day 2 for me. Thanks to everyone with their encouraging words. I have to be honest though. This is harder than I thought.
Does anyone remember that MegaDeath song with the lyrics "Icy fingers Claw My Back" kinda feel like that right now. My every thought is consumed with getting a chew, how good it would be.
on the other hand, I sure as hell don't want to go through this again, its amazing how the justification attempts my head is making. I wish I could just go to sleep and wake up in 3 days when it was all over. On a positive note, my last chew was at around 10 a.m. yesterday, Boy did I sleep good last night. Woke up and felt rested and felt really good....until the nic fits started up a little while ago.
Nate

Offline cdforecheck

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Buckeye Football, Ice Hockey
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2009, 07:41:00 PM »
I just sat here for the last 20 minutes looking at my last 3/4 full can of red seal. Then I got on Killthecan and read the 101 reasons to quit, then I read your reply's to my post. I just dumped the can of chew where it should be, the trash. My quit date is today. Its nice to know that the advice you guys give is coming from people that have been through it.
Thanks, Nate
let's do this man, good choice
Go Bucks! Quit Date: 12-23-2011

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2009, 07:38:00 PM »
I just sat here for the last 20 minutes looking at my last 3/4 full can of red seal. Then I got on Killthecan and read the 101 reasons to quit, then I read your reply's to my post. I just dumped the can of chew where it should be, the trash. My quit date is today. Its nice to know that the advice you guys give is coming from people that have been through it.
Thanks, Nate
Outstanding, just OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2009, 04:05:00 PM »
Hell yeah nater! Way to go!

Now we make it stick.

Buckle up, your in for a hell of a ride. Head over to Dec 09 and post up an intro, get to know your quit bro's and sis's, get involved and read everything you can get your hands on.

You need anything, let me know if I can help.

Offline Jason Longley

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, Hunting, competitive shooting and my family!
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2009, 03:18:00 PM »
Congrats bud! The next three days will be tough but so worth it in the long run.

The thing that helped me a lot was ALL of these guys on here had already gone through exactly what I was. Being a man I am competetive by nature and if I caved than it was like saying that all of these guys are better or tougher than me. Even if I never came back on here I would still be a pussy in my own mind and that will never happen.
You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once. Not in 'Nam of course.

Offline Kdip

• Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quitting and helping others quit, riding my motorcycle, baseball, football, old furniture restoration, junk collecting, vintage arcade machines, rafting, tubing, camping, my family and dog
  • Likes Given: 295
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2009, 02:40:00 PM »
I just sat here for the last 20 minutes looking at my last 3/4 full can of red seal.  Then I got on Killthecan and read the 101 reasons to quit, then I read your reply's to my post.  I just dumped the can of chew where it should be, the trash.  My quit date is today. Its nice to know that the advice you guys give is coming from people that have been through it.
Thanks, Nate
Now you're talking Nate!!!

Hang in there this weekend and have a plan.
Stay close to this site - it will be your lifeline
Make sure you have plenty of gum, seeds, fake dip, etc. Do whatever it takes to keep that shit out of your mouth.
Reach out to your quit brothers if in need.
Get into chat - We will talk you out of a cave.
Get plenty of numbers for cave prevention
PM me if you need anything or a phone number