Author Topic: This is going to suck!!!  (Read 2024 times)

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: This is going to suck!!!
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2009, 02:36:00 PM »
Quote from: Aug
Quote from: natemtb
I just sat here for the last 20 minutes looking at my last 3/4 full can of red seal.  Then I got on Killthecan and read the 101 reasons to quit, then I read your reply's to my post.  I just dumped the can of chew where it should be, the trash.  My quit date is today. Its nice to know that the advice you guys give is coming from people that have been through it.
Thanks, Nate
Hellz bellz. I did the same thing last week.
Wecome to the ring........
"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline Aug

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2009, 02:29:00 PM »
I just sat here for the last 20 minutes looking at my last 3/4 full can of red seal. Then I got on Killthecan and read the 101 reasons to quit, then I read your reply's to my post. I just dumped the can of chew where it should be, the trash. My quit date is today. Its nice to know that the advice you guys give is coming from people that have been through it.
Thanks, Nate
Hellz bellz. I did the same thing last week.

Offline natemtb

• Quitter
  • Interests: Bikes, Hunting, Camping, COD4.
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 02:25:00 PM »
I just sat here for the last 20 minutes looking at my last 3/4 full can of red seal. Then I got on Killthecan and read the 101 reasons to quit, then I read your reply's to my post. I just dumped the can of chew where it should be, the trash. My quit date is today. Its nice to know that the advice you guys give is coming from people that have been through it.
Thanks, Nate

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 12:48:00 PM »
If you quit now, you'll have the worst of it behind you by Monday. Nothing like getting ahead in life.

Know what I mean?

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 12:40:00 PM »

Just thought I would stop in and introduce myself. I was looking around the internet and happened onto this site from a link from cancer.org. I quit chewing for 3 years, from '95-98', started up again because I was weak coupled with some personal issues. In 2005 I quit for 10 days, cold turkey.
I have chewed 2 cans of Red Seal/Copenshit per day, until Monday this week. I'm down to 1/2 can a day and feelin weird. I'm quitting on Sat. I work at a golf course and I think that not being here while quitting is going to help. I will post on monday after this interesting weekend is over.
I'm done with this ball and chain. Started chewing in 1987. Over half my life with this shit in my mouth, looking for something to spit in, spending money on something that is probably going to kill me If I don't stop. 'bang head'
Thanks for listening
Nate
Nate,

Why are you weening off? Your prolonging your own agony. You have to embrace the suck of the first 72 hrs and then its out of your system. All your doing now is giving yourself withdrawls for a longer period of time. Just fucking quit before its too late. YOur next dip could be the one that gives you cancer.

Skoal Monster
"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 12:37:00 PM »
Welcome Nate.

Before you take off for your weekend dip fest, please take a few minutes and explain to me how quitting on Monday will be easier than quitting today.

Just so you know, I have yet to hear a valid reason.

Thanks

Luv

RT

Offline natemtb

• Quitter
  • Interests: Bikes, Hunting, Camping, COD4.
This is going to suck!!!
« on: August 27, 2009, 12:33:00 PM »
Just thought I would stop in and introduce myself. I was looking around the internet and happened onto this site from a link from cancer.org. I quit chewing for 3 years, from '95-98', started up again because I was weak coupled with some personal issues. In 2005 I quit for 10 days, cold turkey.
I have chewed 2 cans of Red Seal/Copenshit per day, until Monday this week. I'm down to 1/2 can a day and feelin weird. I'm quitting on Sat. I work at a golf course and I think that not being here while quitting is going to help. I will post on monday after this interesting weekend is over.
I'm done with this ball and chain. Started chewing in 1987. Over half my life with this shit in my mouth, looking for something to spit in, spending money on something that is probably going to kill me If I don't stop. 'bang head'
Thanks for listening
Nate