Author Topic: Ready to quit for good  (Read 1694 times)

Offline MySize

• Quitter
  • Interests: Traveling, snowboarding, nature, being out at the lake, some good company, a nice little lady to put my arm around.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Ready to quit for good
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2011, 06:55:00 PM »
Quote from: Souliman
Just takes on dip to get cancer. May be its the one you have in when the postman drops the fake in the box. May be not.

Quit now. If you want to quit, quit now. Put your foot down. Tell yourself you're strong enough to quit. And this is no "attempt". This is quit. Come on now. Let's do this. Hell...I'll quit with ya today. I'm sure I can find someone else here who will quit with us today.
Hell I'm down to quit!
(http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ln4nwaVeVc1qa21rio1_400.jpg)

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2011, 06:51:00 PM »
Just takes one dip to get cancer. May be its the one you have in when the postman drops the fake in the box. May be not.

Quit now. If you want to quit, quit now. Put your foot down. Tell yourself you're strong enough to quit. And this is no "attempt". This is quit. Come on now. Let's do this. Hell...I'll quit with ya today. I'm sure I can find someone else here who will quit with us today.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2011, 06:38:00 PM »
Quote from: Scowick65
I thought I would post this to your thread. Not just for you but for anyone that reads this thread----- http://killthecan.org/robs/law.asp

It is called The Law of Addiction. Sounds like you can attest to this law. It is as sure as the Law of Gravity.

Why not post roll today? Just hunker down and quit. Yes, your fake dip is on the way but me thinks you can make it on your own until then.
Hmmm. My link is worth reading but the other comments are rather important. Your past experience with this site needs clarity.

Offline Capt Kylos

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2010-11-28
  • Interests: 2nd Dan Black Belt ITF Taekwondo, Judo, Krav Maga,Jujitsu, fishing, single malt scotch and craft beer.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2011, 06:29:00 PM »
Quote from: bsim
I've used this site to quit in the past and it has been a tremendous help.  I've made it as far as 90 days, but have made the mistake of putting the stuff back in my mouth.  It's strange, because the last time I started up again I wasn't even really craving a dip, I was just stressed out and figured I'd use one can to get me through and then I'd be done again.  That first dip after 90 days of being quit made me feel like crap, physically and mentally.  My body just felt gross.  But the nicotine won, and I was hooked again.  That was three years ago and I've been dipping ever since with only minimal attempts at quitting during which time I didn't use this site to help me along.  Now it's time for me to quit for real.  I've been dipping since the 8th grade and am now on the verge of graduating from medical school.  Funny how I've allowed myself to keep dipping even as I've learned more and more about the terrible things that nicotine fools us into doing to ourselves, be it through smoking or chewing.  I see it nearly every day, yet I've continued to use it.  What I do have, however, is the experience I've gained from my failed attempts in the past.  I know what works for me and what doesn't.  Most importantly, for me, there is no "just one more can" or "just one dip."  I've learned that from my last failed attempt and with that knowledge, I'm ready to make this go the one that works...forever.  I'm waiting for my tobacco-free/nicotine-free snuff to arrive in the mail, as I've had success with that stuff in the past.  When it gets here, I'll be ready to post day 1.
Where to start...first off use your old ID...no hiding under a new nome de plume....second you need to man up and quit now...not when your fake chew gets here or the planets align or the mood strikes you. We don't plan quits here, we quit..period. As a soon to be physician you can explain to my friend with stage 4 mouth,tongue and throat squamous cell carcinoma, how it is that your too pussy to quit and how hard it will be to talk to your patients with half a fucking jaw and no tongue and radiation burns.....
Chew is for the weak, the ignorant, the stupid.....don't be stupid. Not stupid as of 11/28/10
Before you cave read this http://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?showtopic=4938
Acting with almost as much speed as cyanide, nicotine is well
established as one of the most toxic drugs known. In humans,
60mg (a drop) is a lethal dose, and death follows intake within a few minutes. Dr. Charles Ksir

Mouth cancer kills
one American every hour.

Stay Quit...it's life or death.....
Don't Cave

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 06:29:00 PM »
I'm waiting for my tobacco-free/nicotine-free snuff to arrive in the mail, as I've had success with that stuff in the past.  When it gets here, I'll be ready to post day 1.
Of course you will, and pigs will be flying and rainbow colored unicorns will carry quit fairies to guide you to freedom, while little orphan Annie sings tomorrow, tomorrow in the background.

NOW IS THE TIME TO QUIT
"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 06:28:00 PM »
I thought I would post this to your thread. Not just for you but for anyone that reads this thread----- http://killthecan.org/robs/law.asp

It is called The Law of Addiction. Sounds like you can attest to this law. It is as sure as the Law of Gravity.

Why not post roll today? Just hunker down and quit. Yes, your fake dip is on the way but me thinks you can make it on your own until then.

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 06:24:00 PM »
Quote from: bsim
I've used this site to quit in the past and it has been a tremendous help.  I've made it as far as 90 days, but have made the mistake of putting the stuff back in my mouth.  It's strange, because the last time I started up again I wasn't even really craving a dip, I was just stressed out and figured I'd use one can to get me through and then I'd be done again.  That first dip after 90 days of being quit made me feel like crap, physically and mentally.  My body just felt gross.  But the nicotine won, and I was hooked again.  That was three years ago and I've been dipping ever since with only minimal attempts at quitting during which time I didn't use this site to help me along.  Now it's time for me to quit for real.  I've been dipping since the 8th grade and am now on the verge of graduating from medical school.  Funny how I've allowed myself to keep dipping even as I've learned more and more about the terrible things that nicotine fools us into doing to ourselves, be it through smoking or chewing.  I see it nearly every day, yet I've continued to use it.  What I do have, however, is the experience I've gained from my failed attempts in the past.  I know what works for me and what doesn't.  Most importantly, for me, there is no "just one more can" or "just one dip."  I've learned that from my last failed attempt and with that knowledge, I'm ready to make this go the one that works...forever.  I'm waiting for my tobacco-free/nicotine-free snuff to arrive in the mail, as I've had success with that stuff in the past.  When it gets here, I'll be ready to post day 1.
Board Guidelines

1) IP masking is immediate grounds for expulsion. Administrators can track IP address and if they change from one side of the country to the other...you are gone...period.

2) Multiple aliases will not be tolerated. Violators will be banned immediately

3) Administrators can and will ban domain names and IP addresses used for spam.

4) The QSX Forums are for quitters age 18 and above.

For starters, Pay close attention to number 2. You need to go back to your old name from your failure days. Own your failure.

You say you are ready to quit. I say you are full of shit. There is no tomorrow.

You have shown me nothing that warrants any confidence in you. This place is for serious quitters.

What now.

Offline bsim

Ready to quit for good
« on: June 19, 2011, 06:14:00 PM »
I've used this site to quit in the past and it has been a tremendous help. I've made it as far as 90 days, but have made the mistake of putting the stuff back in my mouth. It's strange, because the last time I started up again I wasn't even really craving a dip, I was just stressed out and figured I'd use one can to get me through and then I'd be done again. That first dip after 90 days of being quit made me feel like crap, physically and mentally. My body just felt gross. But the nicotine won, and I was hooked again. That was three years ago and I've been dipping ever since with only minimal attempts at quitting during which time I didn't use this site to help me along. Now it's time for me to quit for real. I've been dipping since the 8th grade and am now on the verge of graduating from medical school. Funny how I've allowed myself to keep dipping even as I've learned more and more about the terrible things that nicotine fools us into doing to ourselves, be it through smoking or chewing. I see it nearly every day, yet I've continued to use it. What I do have, however, is the experience I've gained from my failed attempts in the past. I know what works for me and what doesn't. Most importantly, for me, there is no "just one more can" or "just one dip." I've learned that from my last failed attempt and with that knowledge, I'm ready to make this go the one that works...forever. I'm waiting for my tobacco-free/nicotine-free snuff to arrive in the mail, as I've had success with that stuff in the past. When it gets here, I'll be ready to post day 1.