Author Topic: Ready to quit for good  (Read 1693 times)

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
Re: Ready to quit for good
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2011, 09:33:00 PM »
And it appears as though your efforts have not gone to waste....

http://z11.invisionfree.com/QS_Xtreme/i ... topic=4868

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2011, 05:19:00 PM »
That post made my mind numb.

Blah blah blah......

You are not special nor is your situation....get over yourself and quit already.

Offline dante

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2011, 03:27:00 PM »
Quote from: MedStudent
Quote from: Dante
Quote from: bsim
I also appreciate all the responses I received immediately after posting my introduction...I seriously want to quit and am going to take that step on a day I choose.
We respond immediately to those in need and desiring immediate help. It you aren't in need, then don't ask.

We don't give conditional support here, we don't choose who we want to support, it's all or nothing. Get quit TODAY or get lost. Don't expect us to support your conditional quit. Enjoy your dip...slave.
This is actually bsim posting under my old alias. Thanks to Ready for getting the ball rolling and thanks to LOOT for finding it for me. I guess noonelikesaquitter isn't the first to call "bullshit," but as far as the alias is concerned, is the first to be proven wrong. In terms of the quit, the rest of you will see.

As far as not wasting your guys' time, according to the site guidelines, it seems O.K. for me to post in the "Intro" section prior to posting roll for the first time. This was posted by Remsot in the "If you are planning to quit, read this section first" section:

"That doesnÂ’t mean you have to leave. Please feel free to post in the Cafe`. Ask questions, start making contacts. Learn. Post in the Introductions area. Many quitters will respond to you in both of these areas. We have a chat room. You can also go into there for some live chat. When you are ready, and want to post day 1, find your quit group and post up. It will be a day you never forget."

The below quote posted by Russter helps me to get an idea where all this animosity is coming from.

"What got my attention here versus other sites was they said to put the can down NOW! Every other site I had looked at said to plan your quit. Well I don't know about you...but I know plans can change, because I changed my quit plans plenty of times! NOW sounded pretty interesting. NOW sounded immediate, and I desperately NEEDED that!"

I see that QUIT NOW! is a major theme of this site and a strongly held belief among those among those of you who choose to criticize my approach to this. And I guess I use the word "criticize" lightly, because some of the comments sound borderline psychotic to me. As far as I'm concerned, those of you with nothing decent to say are just childish bullies with issues that span beyond nicotine. I've got nothing more to say about that.

I've also been called a hypocrite. Why? Because I've fallen off the wagon just like 90% of the people here? Every single one of us is here because we aren't perfect, yet some of you dance around and discredit my previous quits because I failed...JUST LIKE YOU HAVE. I'd even be willing to bet that some of you, prior to making it to the HOF (strong work, by the way) have actually failed more times than I have. Someone said that I think I am above all of this, but that's about the most hypocritical thing I've read, coming from a guy who was once in my shoes yet refuses to offer any kind of wisdom or support based on his own real experience. It's a discredit to himself and a total waste.

I honestly appreciate the help of supportive individuals as I continue to struggle with this addiction. I know that many disagree with my having a plan to approach this quit, but that's how I am going to do this for myself. I guess that makes it sound as if am ignoring the advice of people who have made an effort to be supportive and suggest that I quit now. I am sorry for giving that impression. Let's just remember that quitting, above all else, is a personal struggle that should be addressed in a personal way. If there was a cookie-cutter approach to quitting that worked for everyone, there would be no need for this site.

I am going to re-post my intro under the correct alias which I am using now and delete the bsim account which I started yesterday. If some of you want to go on and continue with unproductive rants, that is fine. Just know that you are making the choice to waste your own time, and don't accuse me of wasting it for you. And finally, I wouldn't have taken the time to write this if I weren't serious about quitting and sincere in the fact that I really do need support from all of you throughout the process. Thanks in advance.
Talk is cheap. Prove us wrong.

Quit and I will quit right alongside you, but don't sugar coat your addiction. Prove us wrong.

Admit it to yourself, it is very liberating. Prove us wrong.
Quit Date: May 10, 2011

Offline MedStudent

• Quitter
  • Interests: Running, flying, biking, backpacking, just being outdoors
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2011, 03:21:00 PM »
I also appreciate all the responses I received immediately after posting my introduction...I seriously want to quit and am going to take that step on a day I choose.
We respond immediately to those in need and desiring immediate help. It you aren't in need, then don't ask.

We don't give conditional support here, we don't choose who we want to support, it's all or nothing. Get quit TODAY or get lost. Don't expect us to support your conditional quit. Enjoy your dip...slave.
This is actually bsim posting under my old alias. Thanks to Ready for getting the ball rolling and thanks to LOOT for finding it for me. I guess noonelikesaquitter isn't the first to call "bullshit," but as far as the alias is concerned, is the first to be proven wrong. In terms of the quit, the rest of you will see.

As far as not wasting your guys' time, according to the site guidelines, it seems O.K. for me to post in the "Intro" section prior to posting roll for the first time. This was posted by Remsot in the "If you are planning to quit, read this section first" section:

"That doesnÂ’t mean you have to leave. Please feel free to post in the Cafe`. Ask questions, start making contacts. Learn. Post in the Introductions area. Many quitters will respond to you in both of these areas. We have a chat room. You can also go into there for some live chat. When you are ready, and want to post day 1, find your quit group and post up. It will be a day you never forget."

The below quote posted by Russter helps me to get an idea where all this animosity is coming from.

"What got my attention here versus other sites was they said to put the can down NOW! Every other site I had looked at said to plan your quit. Well I don't know about you...but I know plans can change, because I changed my quit plans plenty of times! NOW sounded pretty interesting. NOW sounded immediate, and I desperately NEEDED that!"

I see that QUIT NOW! is a major theme of this site and a strongly held belief among those among those of you who choose to criticize my approach to this. And I guess I use the word "criticize" lightly, because some of the comments sound borderline psychotic to me. As far as I'm concerned, those of you with nothing decent to say are just childish bullies with issues that span beyond nicotine. I've got nothing more to say about that.

I've also been called a hypocrite. Why? Because I've fallen off the wagon just like 90% of the people here? Every single one of us is here because we aren't perfect, yet some of you dance around and discredit my previous quits because I failed...JUST LIKE YOU HAVE. I'd even be willing to bet that some of you, prior to making it to the HOF (strong work, by the way) have actually failed more times than I have. Someone said that I think I am above all of this, but that's about the most hypocritical thing I've read, coming from a guy who was once in my shoes yet refuses to offer any kind of wisdom or support based on his own real experience. It's a discredit to himself and a total waste.

I honestly appreciate the help of supportive individuals as I continue to struggle with this addiction. I know that many disagree with my having a plan to approach this quit, but that's how I am going to do this for myself. I guess that makes it sound as if am ignoring the advice of people who have made an effort to be supportive and suggest that I quit now. I am sorry for giving that impression. Let's just remember that quitting, above all else, is a personal struggle that should be addressed in a personal way. If there was a cookie-cutter approach to quitting that worked for everyone, there would be no need for this site. These exact thoughts are echoed in the mission statement posted by iuchewie:

"We realize that there are a variety of ways to be successful quitting chew. We will NOT tell you that one way is better than another, but we will tell you our experience and what has worked for us. We will also tell you when you are doing something counterproductive to your quit. This quit is for you and about you. We are simply here to aid you along your journey. If you need "tough love" we will give that. If you need encouragement we will give that. If you need to be scared into quitting we will do that."

I am going to re-post my intro under the correct alias which I am using now and delete the bsim account which I started yesterday. If some of you want to go on and continue with unproductive rants, that is fine. Just know that you are making the choice to waste your own time, and don't accuse me of wasting it for you. And finally, I wouldn't have taken the time to write this if I weren't serious about quitting and sincere in the fact that I really do need support from all of you throughout the process. Thanks in advance.
Quit Day: 6/20/2011
1st Floor: 9/27/2011

YOU GET TO DECIDE WHETHER A "TRIGGER" BECOMES AN EXCUSE TO CAVE OR AN OPPORTUNITY TO STRENGTHEN YOUR QUIT, AND YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY ABOUT EXCUSES...

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2011, 01:03:00 PM »
Quote from: Scowick65

Damn, that is good Dante. Nice post.
Dang, Dante. You recognize that you're an addict. You smoke pork. You just spotted another addict giving himself an excuse to keep using. And you fly the don't tread on me flag. I might just let a guy like you date my daughter when that time comes around.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2011, 12:37:00 PM »

Damn, that is good Dante. Nice post.

Offline dante

• Quit Pro
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2011, 12:22:00 PM »

Quit Date: May 10, 2011

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2011, 10:22:00 AM »
I've used this site to quit in the past and it has been a tremendous help. I've made it as far as 90 days, but have made the mistake of putting the stuff back in my mouth. It's strange, because the last time I started up again I wasn't even really craving a dip, I was just stressed out and figured I'd use one can to get me through and then I'd be done again. That first dip after 90 days of being quit made me feel like crap, physically and mentally. My body just felt gross. But the nicotine won, and I was hooked again. That was three years ago and I've been dipping ever since with only minimal attempts at quitting during which time I didn't use this site to help me along. Now it's time for me to quit for real. I've been dipping since the 8th grade and am now on the verge of graduating from medical school. Funny how I've allowed myself to keep dipping even as I've learned more and more about the terrible things that nicotine fools us into doing to ourselves, be it through smoking or chewing. I see it nearly every day, yet I've continued to use it. What I do have, however, is the experience I've gained from my failed attempts in the past. I know what works for me and what doesn't. Most importantly, for me, there is no "just one more can" or "just one dip." I've learned that from my last failed attempt and with that knowledge, I'm ready to make this go the one that works...forever. I'm waiting for my tobacco-free/nicotine-free snuff to arrive in the mail, as I've had success with that stuff in the past. When it gets here, I'll be ready to post day 1.
This whole post sucks ass.

You learned from your past success? What success? 90 days? Are you shitting me?

For a guy who is about to graduate from medical school....you ain't too bright.

Get in or get out. There is no tomorrow. If you're not ready to quit today, then move along little doggy...we have work to do here.

And your other alias? Again - you're full of shit. You know who you were. If this place helped you SO much three years ago....you'd know what your old name is.

I don't buy it.

'B.S.'
What is your major malfunction?!?!?!?!

Offline Smokeyg

• Quit King
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2011, 05:57:00 AM »
Quote from: Smokeyg
I know this as a site for serious quitters which is why I am returning.  I seriously want to quit and am going to take that step on a day I choose.  Provided I am allowed to stay around, you will all see that when I begin posting roll.
You do not get it at all. You fucking prick MD wanna-be son of a bitch hypocrite. You think you're above it all. A big part of me wants to read your obituary tomorrow. Justice served.
Wow - that was certainly harsh. I would totally say that to you in real life too. While you examine my inflamed prostate. I stand by my desire to see you fall victim to the "this is the chew that kills you" phenomenon. Your ironic cancer would make my quit that much stronger. And really, that's what it's all about.

Offline Smokeyg

• Quit King
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2011, 10:22:00 PM »
I know this as a site for serious quitters which is why I am returning. I seriously want to quit and am going to take that step on a day I choose. Provided I am allowed to stay around, you will all see that when I begin posting roll.
You do not get it at all. You fucking prick MD wanna-be son of a bitch hypocrite. You think you're above it all. A big part of me wants to read your obituary tomorrow. Justice served.

Offline loot

• BANNED
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2011, 09:42:00 PM »
PM LOOT any possible email addys so he can look it up for you.

Offline bsim

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2011, 07:36:00 PM »
Quote from: Ready
I sent your request to the admins about help finding yourself.

This has the stench of failure. DO NOT WASTE OUR TIME.
Thank your for your assistance, Ready. I'll let you know when I start posting roll.

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2011, 07:25:00 PM »
I thought I would post this to your thread.  Not just for you but for anyone that reads this thread-----  http://killthecan.org/robs/law.asp

It is called The Law of Addiction.  Sounds like you can attest to this law.  It is as sure as the Law of Gravity.

Why not post roll today?  Just hunker down and quit.  Yes, your fake dip is on the way but me thinks you can make it on your own until then.
Hmmm. My link is worth reading but the other comments are rather important. Your past experience with this site needs clarity.
Thanks for posting the link about the "Law of Addiction." I agree, it directly applies to my past experience and is at the front of my mind as I again approach quitting.

To clarify my past use of this site, I used it back around 2007 under an alias which I cannot remember. I've searched through the members list for names I may have used, but don't see them there. It may be that I've completely forgotten my old alias or that I deleted my account after my relapse. I honestly don't know and would like permission to continue using the alias I am currently using. If anyone has ideas about how to locate my previous alias and posts beyond searching the members list, please let me know and I will switch back to my original alias immediately. If an administrator is able to locate my old account via my previous e-mail address, I can provide that to him or her if necessary.

Along those lines, I would like it to be known that I do own my previous failures at quitting which is why I discussed it openly in my introductory post. I also appreciate all the responses I received immediately after posting my introduction and I understand the skepticism. I know this as a site for serious quitters which is why I am returning. I seriously want to quit and am going to take that step on a day I choose. Provided I am allowed to stay around, you will all see that when I begin posting roll.
I sent your request to the admins about help finding yourself.
I seriously want to quit and am going to take that step on a day I choose.
This has the stench of failure. DO NOT WASTE OUR TIME.

Offline bsim

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2011, 07:19:00 PM »
I thought I would post this to your thread.  Not just for you but for anyone that reads this thread-----  http://killthecan.org/robs/law.asp

It is called The Law of Addiction.  Sounds like you can attest to this law.  It is as sure as the Law of Gravity.

Why not post roll today?  Just hunker down and quit.  Yes, your fake dip is on the way but me thinks you can make it on your own until then.
Hmmm. My link is worth reading but the other comments are rather important. Your past experience with this site needs clarity.
Thanks for posting the link about the "Law of Addiction." I agree, it directly applies to my past experience and is at the front of my mind as I again approach quitting.

To clarify my past use of this site, I used it back around 2007 under an alias which I cannot remember. I've searched through the members list for names I may have used, but don't see them there. It may be that I've completely forgotten my old alias or that I deleted my account after my relapse. I honestly don't know and would like permission to continue using the alias I am currently using. If anyone has ideas about how to locate my previous alias and posts beyond searching the members list, please let me know and I will switch back to my original alias immediately. If an administrator is able to locate my old account via my previous e-mail address, I can provide that to him or her if necessary.

Along those lines, I would like it to be known that I do own my previous failures at quitting which is why I discussed it openly in my introductory post. I also appreciate all the responses I received immediately after posting my introduction and I understand the skepticism. I know this as a site for serious quitters which is why I am returning. I seriously want to quit and am going to take that step on a day I choose. Provided I am allowed to stay around, you will all see that when I begin posting roll.

Offline nicofiend

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2011, 06:59:00 PM »
BSIMMS: Quit now!!! Do not procrastinate it only furthers the addiction and weakens you mentally and physically! Cold turkey and a determined mind works best!!! You either really want to quit or you dont! WHICH IS IT???? Nicofiend