Author Topic: Let's try this again...  (Read 2684 times)

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
Re: Let's try this again...
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2015, 10:08:00 PM »
Quote from: Bmonday
Quote from: soxfnnlansing
What happened?
I caved, plain and simple. Let it go for too long.

Why did it happen?- I got over confident. Thought I could easily handle it alone, without the message board. Thought I could have 1 chew and be fine.

What am I going to do different this time?
Stick to the message board. Every day, no excuses. I know that is the reason that I caved and it lasted so long. Had I been on the board and admitted the first time I had caved, I know I would have been ridiculed, but also motivated to restart. right away.
When you were a newbie the first time, did anyone say you can't have one? I think that is the first thing I was told when I got here. The second thing was to stay active because guys that drift come back and post a day 1. Why do people like you think you know more than the people that put together this successful quit program?
What can I say, overconfidence is a bitch. At some point everyone has went against the advice of someone who has known better, only to be proven wrong, and this happened to me during my first quit.
I'm just a simple Midwest boy. Here are my thoughts.

Some people quit on their own. I don't know many that have done this successfully. Almost none to be honest. Others quit as a team. Ktc is a team building machine. If you don't use this site for its purpose, why bother? Build a team!

Did you ever play football? 3rd quarter with 8 minutes til the 4th. Your team is not winning, 24 to 7. It is 95 degrees out and the humidity is crazy. You are tired and not feeling it. This is what quitting is like. These times come and go, but that doesn't mean you walk off the field and wave goodbye to your team. I'm surprised this thread isn't getting more heated feedback. If you don't utilize a team approach, and that doesn't mean showing up 110 times and posting your name, you are missing the whole point.

Offline Bmonday

• Quitter
    • https:
  • Interests: Sports, Computer programming, Call of duty xbox 360
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2015, 09:47:00 PM »
What happened?

Why did it happen?- I got over confident. Thought I could easily handle it alone, without the message board. Thought I could have 1 chew and be fine.

Stick to the message board. Every day, no excuses. I know that is the reason that I caved and it lasted so long. Had I been on the board and admitted the first time I had caved, I know I would have been ridiculed, but also motivated to restart. right away.
When you were a newbie the first time, did anyone say you can't have one? I think that is the first thing I was told when I got here. The second thing was to stay active because guys that drift come back and post a day 1. Why do people like you think you know more than the people that put together this successful quit program?
What can I say, overconfidence is a bitch. At some point everyone has went against the advice of someone who has known better, only to be proven wrong, and this happened to me during my first quit.

Offline Frazzled

• Eternal Quitters
  • Master of Quit
  • 1/3/2011
  • Quit Date: 1/3/2011
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2015, 09:45:00 PM »
What happened?

Well, these answers are certainly inspiring. I do have full confidence that you will quit with us, and will someday become a beacon of light to all the newbs who are looking for a path to freedom.

These are the same weak answers we hear time and time again. Is there like a fucking Cliff Notes for Retreads out there somewhere?

Bring it back to April 2015 and to July of 2013. Show us you really want this. Right now I hear no thunder from you. Let's try again, please.
Quit Date 1/3/11
Floor 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

Offline soxfnnlansing

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-09-02
  • Interests: I am a follower of Jesus Christ. A husband and a father of a 14 year old son. A huge White Sox (hence the screen name) and Blackhawk fan. I golf, play chess, and work in construction. Living the rest of my life, one day at a time, without nicotine.
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2015, 09:42:00 PM »
What happened?

HOF Speech

Here in THIS house, we Kill the Can. If it's not a top priority, go to one of the bitch sites where they "hurt the can" or "call the can names." - Pre

This is so much more that just throwing your name on a list, it is placing your word or promise that you will not use nicotine and it should be done everyday. - MCarmo44

I need this place, because i am an addict. I cannot forget that...if i do i will forget how to quit. - Schaef418

Offline Bmonday

• Quitter
    • https:
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2015, 09:36:00 PM »
What happened?

Offline Frazzled

• Eternal Quitters
  • Master of Quit
  • 1/3/2011
  • Quit Date: 1/3/2011
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2015, 09:32:00 PM »
Hey everyone, my name is Brett and this is my second time using KTC.

My first quit was started in March of 2013, at that point I had been dipping for a little of 5 years I believe. My quit lasted well over 100 days. The mistake that I made was becoming over confident in myself. I got to a point where I would often skip roll call, without problems. I would go days without even thinking about dipping. In my mind, I was invincible, I had this thing in the bag. I made the biggest mistake of all, thinking I could have just one dip with a friend, and then be fine. It went from just one dip to, "I'll just buy one can and that will be it", to dipping just as much and maybe even more than I did before.

After I caved on my first quit, I think I had dipped for a little over a year. I think the reason it took me so long to quit again was because I knew how bad the suck was, and wasn't looking forward to going through with it. I knew I needed to quit again, but was afraid. My girlfriend helped give the the little push I needed. My quit date is January 1 2015(Wanted to get back on the board yesterday but was sick as hell). This is day 2, and just like I expected, is not easy, but I know it will get easier.
Why do you have a HOF date posted in your signature? You just got here and posted a day 2.
He also has 112 posts, some of which date back to July of 2013...
Quit Date 1/3/11
Floor 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

Offline soxfnnlansing

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: I am a follower of Jesus Christ. A husband and a father of a 14 year old son. A huge White Sox (hence the screen name) and Blackhawk fan. I golf, play chess, and work in construction. Living the rest of my life, one day at a time, without nicotine.
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2015, 09:26:00 PM »

My first quit was started in March of 2013, at that point I had been dipping for a little of 5 years I believe. My quit lasted well over 100 days. The mistake that I made was becoming over confident in myself. I got to a point where I would often skip roll call, without problems. I would go days without even thinking about dipping. In my mind, I was invincible, I had this thing in the bag. I made the biggest mistake of all, thinking I could have just one dip with a friend, and then be fine. It went from just one dip to, "I'll just buy one can and that will be it", to dipping just as much and maybe even more than I did before.

After I caved on my first quit, I think I had dipped for a little over a year. I think the reason it took me so long to quit again was because I knew how bad the suck was, and wasn't looking forward to going through with it. I knew I needed to quit again, but was afraid. My girlfriend helped give the the little push I needed. My quit date is January 1 2015(Wanted to get back on the board yesterday but was sick as hell). This is day 2, and just like I expected, is not easy, but I know it will get easier.
Why do you have a HOF date posted in your signature? You just got here and posted a day 2.
HOF Speech

Here in THIS house, we Kill the Can. If it's not a top priority, go to one of the bitch sites where they "hurt the can" or "call the can names." - Pre

This is so much more that just throwing your name on a list, it is placing your word or promise that you will not use nicotine and it should be done everyday. - MCarmo44

I need this place, because i am an addict. I cannot forget that...if i do i will forget how to quit. - Schaef418

Offline soxfnnlansing

• Quit Pro
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2015, 09:23:00 PM »
I was just reading your roll call's with Junk Free and you were always posting in "Fantasy Island" and said you "were sick as hell" a lot; just like you said you were sick yesterday. Why start out here the same way you left it?
HOF Speech

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2015, 09:16:00 PM »
Stick to your original intro... You only get one.

Answer the 3 questions dude.
What happened?
Why did it happen?
What are you going to do different this time?

Dig deep...
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Drewdrew

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 2017-07-23
  • Interests: Yes, ma'am. I've killed Doyle Hargraves with a lawnmower blade. Yes, ma'am, I'm right sure of it. I hit him two good whacks in the head with it. That second one just plum near cut his head in two... It's a lil' ol' white house on the corner of Vine Street and some other street.
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2015, 09:09:00 PM »
I'm not sure the quit ever gets easier, if you quit for her you leave a "for me" door open. I stopped dippin for the wife several times, got several days out of it half assed. I hope you can kick it this time man.
Quit: 7-23-17 at 8:30am.....after a cave

Offline Bmonday

• Quitter
    • https:
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2015, 08:53:00 PM »

Offline Wade

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2013, 08:41:00 AM »
Day 3, still kicking ass.

Went to a gun auction yesterday, and I swear every other person there either had a big skoal ring in their back pocket or had a fat lipper in. It was rough but after they auctioned off the ammo I wanted I got my ass out of there and started munching on some seeds. Other than that very few cravings, and they were easily handled
Nice job! Keep up the good attitude. It will take you far through the next couple of weeks. You've proven to yourself that you don't need the damn chemical to survive. Your mind is going to try to get you to slip back over the next couple of weeks. Don't let it!

Stay strong! Stay posting...and text some folks back and forth. It helps to stay strong.

Offline Kubrick

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 3/24/2012
  • Interests: Guiar, bass guitar, Flyfishing, shooting, photography
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2013, 07:44:00 PM »
Quote from: Rob1985

Went to a gun auction yesterday, and I swear every other person there either had a big skoal ring in their back pocket or had a fat lipper in. It was rough but after they auctioned off the ammo I wanted I got my ass out of there and started munching on some seeds. Other than that very few cravings, and they were easily handled
Great, keep the mental strength going! You're at that point where the nicotine is no longer in your system. Form here on out it's a mental game of cravings, but I can promise you that it will get easier, the cravings will be less intense and less frequent. You will begin to sleep again and you will feel free as a bird!

The hard work in the first few weeks pays off. It serves a reminder of "Never Again, For Any Reason!"

I quit with you!
Hang in there, it will get easier.

Soon enough you'll see fellas like that and feel sorry for them because they are still a slave to the can.

Stay strong, don't let those things get to you and stay quit.
Quit date 03/24/2012
HOF date 07/01/2012

"The only regret I ever see on this site is from those who fail..." - Sac

My Intro

Offline Rob1985

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-02-23
  • Interests: HOCKEY, Baseball, Mountain Biking, Camping, Movies, Xbox, Computers, Shooting Sports.Did I mention HOCKEY?
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2013, 05:39:00 PM »

Great, keep the mental strength going! You're at that point where the nicotine is no longer in your system. Form here on out it's a mental game of cravings, but I can promise you that it will get easier, the cravings will be less intense and less frequent. You will begin to sleep again and you will feel free as a bird!

The hard work in the first few weeks pays off. It serves a reminder of "Never Again, For Any Reason!"

I quit with you!
Quit: 2/23/13
HOF: 6/3/13
2nd Floor: 9/10/13
One Year 2/23/14
Two Years 2/23/15
1000 Days 11/19/15
"You can have results or excuses. Not both"
"One often learns more from ten days of agony than from ten years of contentment"
"A memory is what is left when something happens and does not completely unhappen" ~Edward de Bono

Offline Bmonday

• Quitter
    • https:
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2013, 01:44:00 PM »