Author Topic: Starting a New Life  (Read 1141 times)

Offline polishnick79

• Quitter
  • April '17 Underdog
  • Quit Date: 1/18/2017
  • Interests: Boats, Fishing, and Fixing Stuff!
  • Likes Given: 11
Re: Starting a New Life
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2017, 03:53:00 PM »
Airborne...I just have to laugh since we do all the stupid shit we do thinking we are such badasses. My buddy once needed some dip so I let him grab one from me. He took a big load and said, "ah this is some moist shit" too bad I didn't have the heart to tell him that I just "recycled" it.

Yes...the lies

Offline JGlav

• Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quit Date: 9/05/15
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2017, 11:46:00 AM »
Quote from: Airborne
Quote from: Doc468
Quote from: polishnick79
Hello everyone,

I am now working on day 5 of my quit journey. I used to dip Skoal Mint after college and my wife busted me while I was cutting the grass one day. She was pregnant with our first son who is now 10 years old....I can't believe I am saying this...10 years to wake the f**k up. Anyway she wouldn't let me in to bed that night and so I quit for about 3 years and then started working at a new company where I a guy was dipping. Ah, what's a little pinch going to hurt. Well now here we are almost 7 years later and now buying two tins of Grizzly Mint every other day. I go to the gas station so much that the cashier seems me coming and gets two tins ready for me by the time I get to the counter. What a fucking dumbass as I sit here and type this. We can send a rocket to the moon but can be so controlled by some poison.

So everything blew up on my this week as I have continued to lie to my wife over the years that I quit, but never really did...I would just get smarter and get better hiding spaces and do a better job getting rid of the evidence....who am I kidding....I still tried to be incognito about doing it front of my son and tell him that we would be driving on the highway so he couldn't ride in front just so I could sneak a dip while we drove.

I could go on and on....Oh yeah, my stomach was "feeling good" so I could go into the bathroom more while the family was home in order to sneak a dip.

The lies, the lies, the lies....what insanity.

Thank you to anyone who is reading the I look forward to being with you on my journey! Hall of Fame here we come.
I can't even count how many times I've told my wife that I quit... Even stole money out of my business account to buy my copenhagen so she wouldn't see the charges on the bank statements. The lies aren't worth it. I'm right here with you. Choose to quit each day and the next day gets easier.
I would buy gas and SKOAL at the counter then go back outside to pump, just so my wife would only see one charge on the card. Going through the coin jar when I ran out of cash. Quite manly wasn't I? More like some peace of shit mother fucker with no balls. I even switched to those pouches so I could really hide the shit.

I would recycle the pouches if I had to take it out for some reason (I would try and get my money's worth out of everyone), so one day a coworker ran out of his dip and asked me for some. I didn't have the heart to tell him he was playing Russian Roulette with the pouches. You can tell which ones have been used already because they would be kind of slimy, I didn't even want to look in the can to see if I fucked him over.

All of my finest moments include SKOAL.
Yes sir. we have all had these moments. glad to see your success in quit polish, you too airborn and Doc. we are quit now though and that is sweet. it gets so much better. trust me

Offline Airborne

• Quitter
    • https:
  • Interests: Wife, dogs, and hunting.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2017, 09:51:00 AM »
Hello everyone,

I am now working on day 5 of my quit journey. I used to dip Skoal Mint after college and my wife busted me while I was cutting the grass one day. She was pregnant with our first son who is now 10 years old....I can't believe I am saying this...10 years to wake the f**k up. Anyway she wouldn't let me in to bed that night and so I quit for about 3 years and then started working at a new company where I a guy was dipping. Ah, what's a little pinch going to hurt. Well now here we are almost 7 years later and now buying two tins of Grizzly Mint every other day. I go to the gas station so much that the cashier seems me coming and gets two tins ready for me by the time I get to the counter. What a fucking dumbass as I sit here and type this. We can send a rocket to the moon but can be so controlled by some poison.

So everything blew up on my this week as I have continued to lie to my wife over the years that I quit, but never really did...I would just get smarter and get better hiding spaces and do a better job getting rid of the evidence....who am I kidding....I still tried to be incognito about doing it front of my son and tell him that we would be driving on the highway so he couldn't ride in front just so I could sneak a dip while we drove.

I could go on and on....Oh yeah, my stomach was "feeling good" so I could go into the bathroom more while the family was home in order to sneak a dip.

Thank you to anyone who is reading the I look forward to being with you on my journey! Hall of Fame here we come.
I can't even count how many times I've told my wife that I quit... Even stole money out of my business account to buy my copenhagen so she wouldn't see the charges on the bank statements. The lies aren't worth it. I'm right here with you. Choose to quit each day and the next day gets easier.
I would buy gas and SKOAL at the counter then go back outside to pump, just so my wife would only see one charge on the card. Going through the coin jar when I ran out of cash. Quite manly wasn't I? More like some peace of shit mother fucker with no balls. I even switched to those pouches so I could really hide the shit.

I would recycle the pouches if I had to take it out for some reason (I would try and get my money's worth out of everyone), so one day a coworker ran out of his dip and asked me for some. I didn't have the heart to tell him he was playing Russian Roulette with the pouches. You can tell which ones have been used already because they would be kind of slimy, I didn't even want to look in the can to see if I fucked him over.

All of my finest moments include SKOAL.
Those who can... "Do"
Those who can't "Do"... "Teach"
Those who can't "Teach"... "Administrate"

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2017, 09:23:00 AM »
Hello everyone,

It is crazy the lies we all told our loved ones and ourselves, but that was then, and quit is NOW!  I can't change the future, but I can quit with you today.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Doc468

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2017-01-10
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2017, 03:45:00 PM »
Hello everyone,

Offline Bill Dance

• Quitter
  • Nic is now MY Bitch!!
  • Quit Date: 11/5/2016
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2017, 01:50:00 PM »
while I wont ever understand not being able to dip in front of wife or family, I can however state that I know exactly where your coming from and what your going through on your quit. I dipped almost a can a day for 24 years! If I can put it down and walk away, anybody can. Good luck and find your quit group and post roll ASAP! accountability is key! Quitting is 95% mental 5% physical. Train your mind and your body WILL follow!!!
The BEST day to quit was Yesterday, the second best day is TODAY!

Offline polishnick79

• Quitter
  • April '17 Underdog
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 01:28:00 PM »
Thanks JGlav...I actually posted roll in April 2017 since according to my quit date that is where I was supposed to go.

Why on earth do we think that we would never get busted....I am not a trained ninja...just a husband, father, brother, and son....

Offline JGlav

• Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quit Date: 9/05/15
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 01:22:00 PM »
We have all been there polish. Lied to feed our addiction. This quit needs to be about you, which it sounds like it is. Recognize what that weed has stolen from you and learn to hate it.
You have to want this quit as much as anything. Realize this is a life and death batlle. You can win, you will quit. First things first. Get into May 2017 HOF quit group and post roll. Thats your promise.
Post roll early everyday and honor your promise. Read up on KTC and drink the koolaid. I was a ninja dipper as well and I know what its like to see that disappoinment on your wife's face.
Proud to quit with you today

Offline polishnick79

• Quitter
  • April '17 Underdog
Starting a New Life
« on: January 23, 2017, 01:15:00 PM »
Hello everyone,

I could go on and on....Oh yeah, my stomach wasn't "feeling good" so I could go into the bathroom more while the family was home in order to sneak a dip.