Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 1406 times)

Offline DeWayne

• Quit Date: 2014-05-28
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Introduction
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2014, 11:33:00 PM »
I appreciate all of the words guys. Still learning how to post roll. But will definitely keep posting. One day at a time. And today wasn't that bad.

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2014, 12:03:00 PM »
Quote from: J2thaZ
Quote from: derk40
Quote from: srans
Quote from: DeWayne
Hello
I am on day 10. Been dipping 20 years or more. Attempted to quit about five years ago. Lasted a couple of weeks. Now though I know I have to quit. I want to quit and that's half the battle. Already realizing the financial savings not to mention the health. I dipped at least a can a day. This is a great website. Thank you.
Great job posting my man. As I read your long intro I got a couple things from it. Your a man of few words, but your quit all the same.

I got a couple recommendations for you. Jump in and I mean all the way in. 10 days is just the beginning of this quit. Your going to have some tough times, but this site is here to help get you to that next level.

What is the next level? You posted roll my friend. That means you have taken cave off the table for good now. There is no going back, end of story, it's a wrap. I know your intro stated that you had to quit, but one thing about us addicts, we find ways to get around. We pawn, borrow, lie, steal and cheat to get what we need. We pull half used cans out of the laundry after a wash just to see if our can survived. We dig into garbage cans to see if we accidentally threw our poison away. We search our vehicles to find that last 20 cents we need for a can. We wipe the residue out of the can just to get that last 10 grains of dirt. Having to quit never worked for me. I had to WANT it more than anything. ROLL IS POSTED! Welcome to the next level! Lets do this. Need a number let me know.
Nice job posting roll today. Now you have given us your word and that is really an important step. Our word means something on this site. Focus on today only Dewayne. Forget about your past, forget about tomorrow, forget about 1 month from now. For your quit - all that matters is what you do today. You control today. Own this day. Im quit with you all day long.
Proud to be quit with you today DeWayne, especially after your roll post this morning. Keep reading everything you can on here and learn from all these guys that have come before us. They are successful because they followed the time-tested theory of KTC: post-roll, keep your promise that day, wake up and repeat. You've got this bro, get active and start making some connections.
Dewayne nice job making your daily promise by posting roll. I promise to stay quit with you today!

Offline J2thaZ

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-01
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2014, 10:00:00 AM »
Quote from: derk40
Hello
I am on day 10. Been dipping 20 years or more. Attempted to quit about five years ago. Lasted a couple of weeks. Now though I know I have to quit. I want to quit and that's half the battle. Already realizing the financial savings not to mention the health. I dipped at least a can a day. This is a great website. Thank you.
Great job posting my man. As I read your long intro I got a couple things from it. Your a man of few words, but your quit all the same.

I got a couple recommendations for you. Jump in and I mean all the way in. 10 days is just the beginning of this quit. Your going to have some tough times, but this site is here to help get you to that next level.

What is the next level? You posted roll my friend. That means you have taken cave off the table for good now. There is no going back, end of story, it's a wrap. I know your intro stated that you had to quit, but one thing about us addicts, we find ways to get around. We pawn, borrow, lie, steal and cheat to get what we need. We pull half used cans out of the laundry after a wash just to see if our can survived. We dig into garbage cans to see if we accidentally threw our poison away. We search our vehicles to find that last 20 cents we need for a can. We wipe the residue out of the can just to get that last 10 grains of dirt. Having to quit never worked for me. I had to WANT it more than anything. ROLL IS POSTED! Welcome to the next level! Lets do this. Need a number let me know.
Nice job posting roll today. Now you have given us your word and that is really an important step. Our word means something on this site. Focus on today only Dewayne. Forget about your past, forget about tomorrow, forget about 1 month from now. For your quit - all that matters is what you do today. You control today. Own this day. Im quit with you all day long.
Proud to be quit with you today DeWayne, especially after your roll post this morning. Keep reading everything you can on here and learn from all these guys that have come before us. They are successful because they followed the time-tested theory of KTC: post-roll, keep your promise that day, wake up and repeat. You've got this bro, get active and start making some connections.
Desire. Dedication. Discipline.

"You determine if you are going to make it, not your excuses." - flashman

"those who are truly my brothers know that I will never betray them." - LOOT

"ain't no way I'm going to lie to my Sultans....I'd rather die" - CavMan83

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2014, 08:25:00 AM »
Hello

Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2014, 08:04:00 AM »
Hello

Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline mb289

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2/17/2014
  • Interests: Motorcycling, camping and welding
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2014, 06:36:00 AM »
Welcome DeWayne! You are at the right place if you have finally made the decision to be quit. I've got over three decades of dipping, so if I can do it you can too! Post roll everyday and quit on!

mb289

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2014, 05:20:00 PM »
Am I a phone losing moron, or am I not seeing your name on September roll Dewayne?
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2014, 02:52:00 PM »
Hello
Hey hey hey Dewayne. You came to the right place. Lots of us have several decades of dipping under our belts. Which should tell you this is possible. Making a daily promise, by posting roll, then living up to that promise should let you live in the moment. Don't worry about tomorrow. Just stay quit today. It will be hard. But if it was easy no one would be using this site. Strap in. The first two weeks are the roughest but it will get easier. Good luck.

Offline Raider

• Quit Pro
  • Imma Quitter
  • Quit Date: Feb 28, 2014
  • Interests: Fishing, Camping, Kayaking, but mainly spending time with the family and friends.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2014, 01:52:00 PM »
Welcome to the nut house. Be sure to check out the Welcome Center. There you will learn how to post roll. Do it daily and honor your word to stay Nic free. The only way to screw up roll is to not be on it. You will hear a crapload of advice from people. Listen to all of it. Read, read, and read some more. Make some friends and build that web of accountability.

Glad to be quit with ya.

Offline J2thaZ

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-01
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2014, 12:42:00 PM »
Hello
Welcome DeWayne. Glad to have you aboard. Head into the Pre - HOF September 2014 quit group on the discussion boards. There you will post roll and promise yourself and all of your quit brothers and sisters that you will not use tobacco in any format today. That's it. That's the price of admission.

After you've done that, spend some serious time reading everything you possibly can on the site to learn about your addiction and how it affects so many of us. Also, start to build your web of accountability. Find some guys in our quit group that you click with and swap numbers with them. I know it sounds weird at first, but by doing that you will start to build the relationships that will be instrumental in your quit.

You can do this. One Day at a Time (ODAAT)

J2thaZ
Desire. Dedication. Discipline.

"You determine if you are going to make it, not your excuses." - flashman

"those who are truly my brothers know that I will never betray them." - LOOT

"ain't no way I'm going to lie to my Sultans....I'd rather die" - CavMan83

Offline DeWayne

• Quit Date: 2014-05-28
Introduction
« on: June 07, 2014, 11:24:00 AM »
Hello