Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 1033 times)

Offline BMWK75RT

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2017-02-22
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Introduction
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2017, 09:09:00 PM »
Join us in the June 2017 group. I'm on day 9 after 20 years of Copenhagen at a can a day. You can do it.

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 08:18:00 PM »
Quote from: Ready
I dipped for over 24 years. Tried to quit many times on my own and failed every time. Found this site on February 1, 2008. Five minutes later, I threw out my dip and posted roll giving my word of honor that I would not use nicotine in any way shape or form for that day. I kept my word. I did the same thing the first thing the next morning. I drank the cool aid that is this site.

I posted roll this morning at day 3,318.

If you're word of honor means anything, you can quit. I am proof.

You can do this!
If you're interested in remaining quit, your group is just a click away...

June 2017

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 08:10:00 PM »
I dipped for over 24 years. Tried to quit many times on my own and failed every time. Found this site on February 1, 2008. Five minutes later, I threw out my dip and posted roll giving my word of honor that I would not use nicotine in any way shape or form for that day. I kept my word. I did the same thing the first thing the next morning. I drank the cool aid that is this site.

I posted roll this morning at day 3,318.

If you're word of honor means anything, you can quit. I am proof.

You can do this!

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 07:30:00 PM »
Don't hope, just quit. I'm not trying to be a dick - your success is related to your mindset.

Make a promise by posting Roll in the June group, and keep it. Don't cave, no matter what.

Offline crunk57

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2017-03-01
  • Likes Given: 0
Introduction
« on: March 02, 2017, 06:02:00 PM »
Hello, just found this site. I've finally decided to try to quit for good. I've been chewing for nearly 13 years at around a can of pouches a day. Hopefully his will finally be the time that I finally kick it for good. I have been able to quit several times in the past but always come back. A few years ago I quit for Lent (which I'm trying to do again) and that lasted 3 years of no chew. Then a bad breakup brought me right back into dipping. Then last year after a health scare from dipping I quit for 9 months only to go back to dip once baseball season came around. Hopefully the third time will be the charm. Currently I'm on Day 2 being clean and it has been a real struggle. It has been much worse than other times in the past.