Author Topic: The First day of the last!!  (Read 1530 times)

Offline willwynnmpa

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-05-06
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The First day of the last!!
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2015, 09:13:00 PM »
Good Point. Guess we'll both see.

Offline basshaug

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2015, 07:57:00 PM »
Intros combined. you only get one. Quitting also only happens once. You found this place 6 years ago and could be about 6 years quit, but apparently you didnt buy in. I guess you now have a reason to circle the wagons, but why is this time going to be any different when the going gets tough?

Offline willwynnmpa

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2015, 07:01:00 PM »
You are right. I tried to do it on my own last time. Didn't make it very far either. I'm doing it the right way this time. Being accountable to my brothers as well as myself. I'm rounding in on my first 24 hours without dip in 6 years.

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2015, 08:45:00 AM »
Dude... you've been around for awhile it seems. A join date of 2009?

There's another intro too... I'm sure it will be resurrected and joined with this one.

You have some explaining to do. Stop being owned and do it right this time. Get to it...
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline zmckee13

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-04-13
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2015, 04:08:00 AM »
Quote from: willwynnmpa
Hi brothers! My name is Will and I've had a 3 can a day habit for 15 years. Here I am at 30, married, and have 2 amazing kids. I've been saying I wanted to quit for over 5 years. Now it hits me. I've had a really amazing friend for 2 years. He had a heart attack at 1 year earlier and we both had our vices. For me it was dip, for him cigarettes, dip, and a 4 energy drink a day habit. We both told each other we would have to slow down and quit or it would kill us. He passed away last week of a massive stroke. He's only 5 years older than me. That's scary. So heres to a promise I made to a good friend, Now I am making that promise to myself. I QUIT! I'm SO Tired of throwing my money away and being a slave to the can. I am done.So August 14 2015 here I come. If anyone needs a QUIT partner, so do I. P.M me.
Great choice Will, you will not regret finding this site. I am only 24 days into my quit and already my life has changed for the better. But def check the site out and read around but then make sure to head over to the AUGUST 2015 group. Those are people like you who have quit within a certain time period and will be around 100 days quit when august comes. Make sure to "Post roll" which you can find more info about on the site. But join your August brothers and get your quit on!
Quit Date- April 13th 2015/ HOF date July 21 2015

I mean let's not pretend everyone doesn't take their phone with them to shit, that's plenty of time to post roll

The only cans I want now are on my girl '3boobs'

Offline willwynnmpa

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2015, 02:16:00 AM »
Hi brothers! My name is Will and I've had a 3 can a day habit for 15 years. Here I am at 30, married, and have 2 amazing kids. I've been saying I wanted to quit for over 5 years. Now it hits me. I've had a really amazing friend for 2 years. He had a heart attack at 1 year earlier and we both had our vices. For me it was dip, for him cigarettes, dip, and a 4 energy drink a day habit. We both told each other we would have to slow down and quit or it would kill us. He passed away last week of a massive stroke. He's only 5 years older than me. That's scary. So heres to a promise I made to a good friend, Now I am making that promise to myself. I QUIT! I'm SO Tired of throwing my money away and being a slave to the can. I am done.So August 14 2015 here I come. If anyone needs a QUIT partner, so do I. P.M me.

Offline daniel-san

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2009, 01:14:00 PM »
Quote from: cubs204
I woke up this morning and realized something. Day 1 is over. Wow. I feel like shit. I had dip dreams last night. I got kicked out of bed cause I was snoring like crazy from the dry mouth. I will give it this though I am starting to recognize all of the triggers that would cause me to dip. When one flys up I automatically grap for the can that isn't in my pocket. My sleep patterns are getting screwed. But I still am holding strong for day two. I refuse to even go inside a gas station for the 1st 30 days to abstain from the temptation. Sorry that these next few post may seem a little jumbled. I am feeling really foggy. But to everyone that has been sending me motivational post. THANKS. Its been one of tthe rocks for me to hold on to. I'll check in later tonight. BTW the gum isn't really taking off the edge anymore. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Hard candy, sunflower seeds helped me. Plus, drink LOTS of water, and know that in one more day the nicotine will be gone...forever!
Another idea is to sit and stare at cubs204 avatar for a while.... Seems to help some.....

SERIOUSLY Day 1 - 3 suck - I'm March 2010 make sure and post roll today and keep reading the site.... It helped me while I was jonesn' for my Cope (25y, can a day) to be filling my brain with all the reasons why I decided to be A QUITTER....

Offline cubs204

• Quitter
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing and fucking.
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2009, 10:14:00 AM »
I woke up this morning and realized something. Day 1 is over. Wow. I feel like shit. I had dip dreams last night. I got kicked out of bed cause I was snoring like crazy from the dry mouth. I will give it this though I am starting to recognize all of the triggers that would cause me to dip. When one flys up I automatically grap for the can that isn't in my pocket. My sleep patterns are getting screwed. But I still am holding strong for day two. I refuse to even go inside a gas station for the 1st 30 days to abstain from the temptation. Sorry that these next few post may seem a little jumbled. I am feeling really foggy. But to everyone that has been sending me motivational post. THANKS. Its been one of tthe rocks for me to hold on to. I'll check in later tonight. BTW the gum isn't really taking off the edge anymore. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Hard candy, sunflower seeds helped me. Plus, drink LOTS of water, and know that in one more day the nicotine will be gone...forever!
IT GETS EASIER!!

"Nicotine is not a crutch, it's a limp. Accountability is a crutch. Use it to get stronger." - ninereasons March 2, 2011

Offline willwynnmpa

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2009, 09:54:00 AM »

Offline Mikey

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2009, 08:00:00 AM »
Man, I have had a 2 can a day habit for 10 years...... Thanks alot Grizzly Wintergeen Longcut. It started when I was 15 on my football team, I was trying to fit in. Then, only when driving, then only 1 can a week, day, wow. I am about 6 Hours into getting that crap out of my body and It's getting bad. The only thing that is helping me through is vitamin c pills and spearmint gum/ hard candy. Well, 6 hours or 6 minutes, theres no turning back period.
That is some serious quitting, congrats!
February 24, 2010

Offline cdforecheck

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Buckeye Football, Ice Hockey
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2009, 09:33:00 PM »
almost through day one that is huge...keep it going!!
Go Bucks! Quit Date: 12-23-2011

Offline willwynnmpa

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 08:05:00 PM »
Thanks for all the support. I really appreciate it

Offline ChoosingIntegrity

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 05:21:00 PM »
Man, I have had a 2 can a day habit for 10 years...... Thanks alot Grizzly Wintergeen Longcut. It started when I was 15 on my football team, I was trying to fit in. Then, only when driving, then only 1 can a week, day, wow. I am about 6 Hours into getting that crap out of my body and It's getting bad. The only thing that is helping me through is vitamin c pills and spearmint gum/ hard candy. Well, 6 hours or 6 minutes, theres no turning back period.
Rock on, Brother!
Welcome to The Quit!
Day 6 here.
Not exactly smooooooth, but I echo your sentiment...
"there's no turning back period."
Other substitutes I've found in the last 6 days... raw almonds, Oregon Mint Snuff pouches, beef jerky.
Congrats on the phenomenal choice.
Welcome to March2010!

Offline ScooterScum

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: My Wife, Kids, Dirt Bike Riding, Golf, Football, Baseball, Camping, Fishing
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 05:20:00 PM »
Welcome Will!!!!! Glad to have you on board!!! The frist couple of weeks suck but I was a 2 cans of cope a day dipper for 30+ years, if I can quit I know you can also! Stay close to this site, read everything you can, and stay active, the tools you need to beat this addiction are right here! Embrace the suck, never forget how you feel right now, so you will never want to go back! USe seeds, gum, candy, fake snuff, shit whatever to keep that cancer causing shit out of your pie hole. It takes 3 days for the physical withdrawals froim nic to subside, after that it is all head games!

Be sure to go over to the March 2010, introduce yourself and post a day 1, these guys will be your lifeline!!!

Here are some links you may find helpful

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Your quit group is March 2010:

index.php?showtopic=2843

A how to get started by Remy:

index.php?showtopic=1360

Quit Groups, What do they mean, by SOS

index.php?showtopic=88

Roll call, why we do it your word by LOOT.

index.php?showtopic=120

What to Expect when you quit.

http://www.killthecan.org/yourquit/what.asp

Symptoms of Quitting dip and chew

http://www.killthecan.org/yourquit/symptoms.asp

Contract to give up...

http://www.killthecan.org/facts/contract.asp

Smokeless alternatives

http://killthecan.org/yourquit/alternatives.asp

How to post roll.

index.php?showtopic=50

How to Post ROLL CALL - Roll Call Instructions
Step 1 - Find the last Roll Call
Step 2 - Hit the "Quote" button in the upper right hand corner.
Step 3 - Click your mouse ANYWHERE in The bottom Box
Step 4 - Hit Ctrl and "A" at the Same time so it looks like THIS
Step 5 - Hit Ctrl and "X" at the same time so there is NOTHING in Either Box
Step 6 - Click your mouse in the TOP BOX
Step 7 - Hit Ctrl and "V" at the same time to Past the info into the top box AND ADD YOUR info to the bottom of the list
Step 8 - Hit ADD REPLY below the bottom box
Step 9 - Go back to the 1st unread post, pat yourself on the back, and have a beer cause you will not be dipping today.
If it wasn't for Physics and Law Enforcement!
I would be UNSTOPPABLE!!!
HOF 3/08/09
23rd Floor 3/17/15

Offline willwynnmpa

• Quitter
The First day of the last!!
« on: December 09, 2009, 05:11:00 PM »