Author Topic: last chew was 7/7/16  (Read 1258 times)

Offline Nomore1959

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 329
Re: last chew was 7/7/16
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2016, 05:55:00 AM »
Erik, good to see your here as well as chat. Excellent advice above. Proud to quit with you today.

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2016, 12:23:00 AM »
Quote from: RDB1972
Welcome Erik. Glad you joined us.

Forget about two months. Forget about forever. Quit today. Only today. Then do the same thing tomorrow.

Proud to quit with you today.
I Agree with RDB.
Focus on today.
You will need help.
Learn to lean on KTC and the people here.
You have failed in the past because you tried alone.
Get involved with your group.
They also cant do it alone.
They need you.

Focused on a drug....that.kills.
Or on relationships...that heal.

I Quit with you today.
Rawls 603
I believe.....

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2016, 10:51:00 PM »
Welcome Erik. Glad you joined us.

Forget about two months. Forget about forever. Quit today. Only today. Then do the same thing tomorrow.

Proud to quit with you today.

Offline Mike1966

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 4/18/2016
  • Likes Given: 81
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 07:58:00 PM »
Glad to have you with us Erik
Like Rewire said, congrats on your decision to quit. Post your promise to remain NIC free 1st thing in the morning in your group and keep that promise and then repeat One Day At A Time. Exchange phone numbers with those in your group as well as some of the vets and put those numbers in your phone so they'll be handy when you feel like you're about to cave. You can do this Erik, it won't be easy, but the freedom is worth it.

Proud to be quit with you today!
Just one and you will be back where you started.
And where you started was desperately wishing
you were where you are right now.

Offline ReWire

• Master of Quit
  • Redeemed
  • Likes Given: 176
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 07:38:00 PM »
Quote from: erik_ote
So I just hit 31 years old and have chewed on/off for the last 9 years at roughly one tin every 1-2 days. Located in MN and married with two kids, I'm what you'd call a "ninja". Sure my wife would find out every once in a while. I'd pay hell, quit, then pick it back up after a couple months or so. Or, I'd get the cancer scare and do the same thing. I'm really trying to find a method to beat two months, better yet I want forever. I've been in a fraternity. I'm in the ANG. I thrive on camaraderie. That's what I'm looking for here. I don't want to live like this anymore. The constant fear of being found out, or cancer, or shame. I'm done with all of it.

I dealt with the mental stuff with quitting, but never the physical. After quitting last Thursday, Saturday and Sunday felt like a long bad hangover minus the nausea. It wasn't until still having the "sore throat" today that I started to worry. Then I found KillTheCan. I'm really in it this time and am committing myself to the daily roll call. Any help beyond that is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Erik
Good to have you here, Erik. Congratulations on making the decision to quit. We cannot quit for you, but we will quit with you. Your quit group is October; make your way over there and post day 5.

Congrats on day 5!

Edit: Don't worry if you mess up the roll post. We all did and still do.
Old things have passed away, behold, all things have become new

Offline erik_ote

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
last chew was 7/7/16
« on: July 11, 2016, 06:58:00 PM »
So I just hit 31 years old and have chewed on/off for the last 9 years at roughly one tin every 1-2 days. Located in MN and married with two kids, I'm what you'd call a "ninja". Sure my wife would find out every once in a while. I'd pay hell, quit, then pick it back up after a couple months or so. Or, I'd get the cancer scare and do the same thing. I'm really trying to find a method to beat two months, better yet I want forever. I've been in a fraternity. I'm in the ANG. I thrive on camaraderie. That's what I'm looking for here. I don't want to live like this anymore. The constant fear of being found out, or cancer, or shame. I'm done with all of it.

I dealt with the mental stuff with quitting, but never the physical. After quitting last Thursday, Saturday and Sunday felt like a long bad hangover minus the nausea. It wasn't until still having the "sore throat" today that I started to worry. Then I found KillTheCan. I'm really in it this time and am committing myself to the daily roll call. Any help beyond that is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Erik