Author Topic: Today is the last day...  (Read 948 times)

Offline ERDVM

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Cold Beer, Warm Whiskey, Good Friends, Loose Women.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Today is the last day...
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 03:46:00 PM »
I hate lying to people, locking myself away to have a dip without judgement from others, I am really starting to hate that once I put a dip in that I crave I feel guilty, I hate the fact that I have done this for so long without giving quitting an honest effort.

Today is my day.

Still looking for your post HTS. TODAY is your day to QUIT. Don't just make an honest effort. Decide to QUIT. The waning nicotine in your system will cloud your judgment of "honest". It might be telling you "to just cut back" or "wait until tomorrow morning". It is painfully obvious from your post that your soul wants freedom. Click on the pink salmony "welcome center" above and read/reread everything. Dump all your $20 snuff in the toilet. Post Roll. And QUIT. Check your Inbox above and to the right.

Offline Zach56

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 11:09:00 PM »
Quote from: havetostop
Hello...

I am a 27 year old woman - and I chew alot. I find myself making excuse to go home for a "quick" dip and always saying that "this is my last tin". I am ready to quit and today is it.

I started chewing in College and I haven't stopped since - thousands of dollars wasted on a stupid nicotine fix... (I'm from Alberta and a tin is about $20-25 everytime I buy it).

I have been looking online - at pictures and I honestly can't imagine having my face disfigured or even worse dying from something so stupid.

The truth - I find it soooo hard to just stop.

Its hard when I have a dip doing everyday things and its now become a habit.

My boyfriend hates it - I don't want to push people away anymore.

I am embarassed to buy tins at the store - first because I am a woman people give me a gross look and ask if it's for me. Sometimes I lie and say no - its for my boyfriend or a friend - and sometimes I just dont care if they think its gross or not.

It is gross and disgusting.

When I look in the mirror I see a beautiful face and can't imagine what going further with chewing will do - to my teeth, my health... everything.

I know this is going to be really hard - I kind of feel silly thinking that out of all things in life -- this is something I will need a lot of support with.

I hate lying to people, locking myself away to have a dip without judgement from others, I am really starting to hate that once I put a dip in that I crave I feel guilty, I hate the fact that I have done this for so long without giving quitting an honest effort.

Today is my day.
Well first off welcome to the first of many hard upcoming days, yeah its gonna be hard but congrates on making this decision, do whatever it takes to stay quit everyone on this site is here to help and see you succeed so welcome and if you need any help I'm sure anyone in here will help ya out
Last dip- Feb./19/2012
Quit date- Feb/20/2012
The only job where you start at the top, is digging a hole.

Offline zam

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit is not a passive activity.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 10:50:00 PM »
Quote from: Smokeyg
Hello...

I am a 27 year old woman - and I chew alot.  I find myself making excuse to go home for a "quick" dip and always saying that "this is my last tin".  I am ready to quit and today is it.

I started chewing in College and I haven't stopped since - thousands of dollars wasted on a stupid nicotine fix... (I'm from Alberta and a tin is about $20-25 everytime I buy it).

I have been looking online - at pictures and I honestly can't imagine having my face disfigured or even worse dying from something so stupid.

I am embarassed to buy tins at the store - first because I am a woman people give me a gross look and ask if it's for me.  Sometimes I lie and say no - its for my boyfriend or a friend - and sometimes I just dont care if they think its gross or not.

When I look in the mirror I see a beautiful face and can't imagine what going further with chewing will do - to my teeth, my health... everything.

I know this is going to be really hard - I kind of feel silly thinking that out of all things in life -- this is something I will need a lot of support with. 

Today is my day.
Welcome! I read over your reasons for quitting. Cancer, money, image, boyfriend. All excellent reasons to quit. After nearly 1,400 days of quit, I find that the biggest advantage to taking control of this addiction is the freedom. We have all been slaves to the can. We prioritize our addiction over living life. Life is honest and appreciated when you control your addiction. You are done hiding, lying, worrying. Life is too beautiful to waste on nicotine, ehÂ…

Post roll immediately. If you don't know how to do it properly, just give it your best shot and you'll figure it out soon enough. You'll be amazed at the support offered.

Quit for today.
Congratulations on ending your slavery to the can. Listen to smokeyg and post roll now. Swingby the welcome center tab, and read everything you can.

You will find more support here than you can imagine. All you have to do is decide that you will not dip today.

Welcome, and I am quit with you today.
*Quit today. Full stop. No qualifiers. Tomorrow?... IDK, IDC.

Offline Smokeyg

• Quit King
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 10:25:00 PM »
Hello...

I am a 27 year old woman - and I chew alot. I find myself making excuse to go home for a "quick" dip and always saying that "this is my last tin". I am ready to quit and today is it.

I am embarassed to buy tins at the store - first because I am a woman people give me a gross look and ask if it's for me. Sometimes I lie and say no - its for my boyfriend or a friend - and sometimes I just dont care if they think its gross or not.

Today is my day.
Welcome! I read over your reasons for quitting. Cancer, money, image, boyfriend. All excellent reasons to quit. After nearly 1,400 days of quit, I find that the biggest advantage to taking control of this addiction is the freedom. We have all been slaves to the can. We prioritize our addiction over living life. Life is honest and appreciated when you control your addiction. You are done hiding, lying, worrying. Life is too beautiful to waste on nicotine, ehÂ…

Post roll immediately. If you don't know how to do it properly, just give it your best shot and you'll figure it out soon enough. You'll be amazed at the support offered.

Quit for today.

Offline havetostop

Today is the last day...
« on: March 09, 2012, 09:18:00 PM »
Hello...

Today is my day.