Author Topic: jonesin like a mother  (Read 6297 times)

Offline ssever122

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: jonesin like a mother
« Reply #94 on: March 18, 2014, 09:22:00 PM »
Quote from: MonsterEMT
Congrats on 68 days. Quit One Day At A Time. Anyone can do anything for one day. Quit today, then wake up tomorrow and do it again.
Thanks bro and welcome to the club!
15 yr nic addict
ODAAT

Offline MonsterMedic

• Master of Quit
  • Proud member of the June 2014 Quit Saloon
  • Quit Date: 03.02.14
  • Likes Given: 260
« Reply #93 on: March 18, 2014, 09:19:00 PM »
Congrats on 68 days. Quit One Day At A Time. Anyone can do anything for one day. Quit today, then wake up tomorrow and do it again.
"Frank Pierce: Saving someone's life is like falling in love. The best drug in the world." - Bringing Out The Dead

Quit Date: 03-02-2014
HOF: 06-09-2014
3K and counting

Offline ssever122

• Quitter
« Reply #92 on: March 18, 2014, 09:16:00 PM »
day 68 is in the books. Let my guard down for a minute the other night and got really tempted while riding around on the deer lease. Needless to say I re-stocked my supply of smokey mountain just in case! Hang tough gents! It ain't over yet!!
15 yr nic addict
ODAAT

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #91 on: March 01, 2014, 08:44:00 AM »
Quote from: brettlees
Quote from: ssever122
Well today was day 50! Hell yeah!!! Half way to the hall of fame! It's good to be quit with y'all today! BTW for anybody looking through these to find out if relief is in your future. Small craves are still around when I drink but other than that it's pretty easy sailing these days. My buddies have completely resumed their habits in front of me and it no longer makes me chew a whole in my jaw. If you are reading this and you are anywhere before day 50 keep calm and keep kickin ass. It gets way easier!!
Love to see you doing it- nice job! Reaching back out and helping others with your experience is only gonna help more too- you'll get back twice what you give. Your a no-bull quitter too so you have a lot to give. Keep it all going I'm proud of you! 50 is great enjoy it- and 51 is even better!
Really glad to see this. Nice! :)
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #90 on: February 28, 2014, 11:14:00 PM »
Well today was day 50! Hell yeah!!! Half way to the hall of fame! It's good to be quit with y'all today! BTW for anybody looking through these to find out if relief is in your future. Small craves are still around when I drink but other than that it's pretty easy sailing these days. My buddies have completely resumed their habits in front of me and it no longer makes me chew a whole in my jaw. If you are reading this and you are anywhere before day 50 keep calm and keep kickin ass. It gets way easier!!
Love to see you doing it- nice job! Reaching back out and helping others with your experience is only gonna help more too- you'll get back twice what you give. Your a no-bull quitter too so you have a lot to give. Keep it all going I'm proud of you! 50 is great enjoy it- and 51 is even better!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline ssever122

• Quitter
« Reply #89 on: February 28, 2014, 09:40:00 PM »
15 yr nic addict
ODAAT

Offline ssever122

• Quitter
« Reply #88 on: February 12, 2014, 11:20:00 AM »
Quote from: Diesel2112
Quote from: rdad
Well day 33 is here and about gone. I've had craves but they don't really get to me anymore. I'm getting fat from all the extra food I've been eating lol. I' ve had a few dip dreams. My most vivid was a dream where I dreamt I was working at a fire and the roof came in on us. I was able to get my crew out in time, but then when I got outside it was as if I'd been inside by myself(would never happen). My chauffeur was standing there and was just watching me smolder and offered to help me bunker down. I of course told him to get fucked(when you're that hot you will burn wherever you get touched). Then my rook was sitting next to me and I sent him to the truck for my snuff. He came back, and I took the fattest most juicy pinch you could ever imagine. I could truly taste the wintergreen! I immediately awoke sweating from head to toe (with my little boys feet on my face no less). I truly felt convinced that I had been dipping again for a while. I was so pissed that I let a bad day fuck up my quit. I searched the house to be sure I didn't have anything and kinda to prove to myself it was a dream. I never would have thought these dreams would be so vivid...but it just tells me that I'm going the right way even more!
BTW: I never ever dream and remember it.

The next day was just like every other though. I posted roll and kept my word.
You are without a doubt going the right way ssever! Keep going!
Thanks rdad! Did you have throwed off dreams too?
I have only had a half assed one that I barely remembered. It put me in a little funk tho. Nothing as vivid as yours. That was intense. I have a boring desk job. Thus my boring dreams. :P
Dream, temporary madness
Dream, a walk in the wilderness
Dream, unconscious recreation

Dip dreams suck, but keep in mind they are simply that...just a dream. You have the dream, don't let the dream have you.

I dreamt I sharted myself at work today. Wait...that really did happen.

Anyway, don't let this stupid dream get to you. Just the nic biatch messing with you, pimp slap the ho.

Quit on...
right on guys!
15 yr nic addict
ODAAT

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #87 on: February 11, 2014, 11:52:00 PM »
Well day 33 is here and about gone. I've had craves but they don't really get to me anymore. I'm getting fat from all the extra food I've been eating lol. I' ve had a few dip dreams. My most vivid was a dream where I dreamt I was working at a fire and the roof came in on us. I was able to get my crew out in time, but then when I got outside it was as if I'd been inside by myself(would never happen). My chauffeur was standing there and was just watching me smolder and offered to help me bunker down. I of course told him to get fucked(when you're that hot you will burn wherever you get touched). Then my rook was sitting next to me and I sent him to the truck for my snuff. He came back, and I took the fattest most juicy pinch you could ever imagine. I could truly taste the wintergreen! I immediately awoke sweating from head to toe (with my little boys feet on my face no less). I truly felt convinced that I had been dipping again for a while. I was so pissed that I let a bad day fuck up my quit. I searched the house to be sure I didn't have anything and kinda to prove to myself it was a dream. I never would have thought these dreams would be so vivid...but it just tells me that I'm going the right way even more!

I have only had a half assed one that I barely remembered. It put me in a little funk tho. Nothing as vivid as yours. That was intense. I have a boring desk job. Thus my boring dreams. :P
Dream, temporary madness
Dream, a walk in the wilderness
Dream, unconscious recreation

Dip dreams suck, but keep in mind they are simply that...just a dream. You have the dream, don't let the dream have you.

I dreamt I sharted myself at work today. Wait...that really did happen.

Anyway, don't let this stupid dream get to you. Just the nic biatch messing with you, pimp slap the ho.

Quit on...
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #86 on: February 11, 2014, 08:42:00 PM »

Offline ssever122

• Quitter
« Reply #85 on: February 11, 2014, 08:36:00 PM »

15 yr nic addict
ODAAT

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #84 on: February 11, 2014, 08:31:00 PM »

Offline ssever122

• Quitter
« Reply #83 on: February 11, 2014, 08:25:00 PM »

15 yr nic addict
ODAAT

Offline ssever122

• Quitter
« Reply #82 on: February 05, 2014, 12:17:00 AM »
Quote from: B-loMatt
Quote from: Steakbomb18
ssever, I'm digging this quit.  Of all the stories / threads I've followed, this one runs the full gambit for me.  From cocky, defensive, addict-talking S.O.B. to the badass non-pussy, no back-down attitude, and to the humble and grateful quitter this quit had shown me a lot about one's character.  I'll quit with guys like you any day of the week.  Quit hard, stay quit brother.
What this ^^ guy said! Good quit going on here; don't fuck it up. 26 days means you should have zero problem staying quit, but there is a roller coaster ride in front of you still. Keep your mindset in the right place like it has been, and keep doing what got you here. I will QLF with you every day.
thanks man will do!
15 yr nic addict
ODAAT

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
« Reply #81 on: February 05, 2014, 12:12:00 AM »
ssever, I'm digging this quit. Of all the stories / threads I've followed, this one runs the full gambit for me. From cocky, defensive, addict-talking S.O.B. to the badass non-pussy, no back-down attitude, and to the humble and grateful quitter this quit had shown me a lot about one's character. I'll quit with guys like you any day of the week. Quit hard, stay quit brother.
What this ^^ guy said! Good quit going on here; don't fuck it up. 26 days means you should have zero problem staying quit, but there is a roller coaster ride in front of you still. Keep your mindset in the right place like it has been, and keep doing what got you here. I will QLF with you every day.

Offline ssever122

• Quitter
« Reply #80 on: February 05, 2014, 12:04:00 AM »
ssever, I'm digging this quit. Of all the stories / threads I've followed, this one runs the full gambit for me. From cocky, defensive, addict-talking S.O.B. to the badass non-pussy, no back-down attitude, and to the humble and grateful quitter this quit had shown me a lot about one's character. I'll quit with guys like you any day of the week. Quit hard, stay quit brother.
Thanks boss man! You're right about running a gambit. This bitch has made me feel a touch manic a few times, and man it's sure been hard to stomach that something I used to enjoy could make me look like such a little bitch. I've always prided myself on having a strong set of values and one of those values was to be no ones fool. Well I sure messed that one up with this dipping thing lol. Another thing is I've never been a fan...well hell I've always hated asking for help.. But I gotta say I'm really proud I did cause I probably could have made it on my own but it sure would have been tough. With that said, I'm proud to stay quit with you and all the other quitters today, sir!
15 yr nic addict
ODAAT