Author Topic: jonesin like a mother  (Read 6300 times)

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
Re: jonesin like a mother
« Reply #79 on: February 04, 2014, 11:05:00 PM »
ssever, I'm digging this quit. Of all the stories / threads I've followed, this one runs the full gambit for me. From cocky, defensive, addict-talking S.O.B. to the badass non-pussy, no back-down attitude, and to the humble and grateful quitter this quit had shown me a lot about one's character. I'll quit with guys like you any day of the week. Quit hard, stay quit brother.
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline ssever122

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #78 on: February 04, 2014, 09:58:00 PM »
Quote from: SAM83
Quote from: ssever122
Quote from: Zillah
Quote from: peters6278
Day 26 is here and I gotta say I feel better and better every day.

Some strong craves have tested me over the last four days but not one that made me actually consider giving up on my quit.

Craves are getting a bit stronger now that I am easing off the smoky mountain but they won't get me.

Some kind of weird headache and case of the jitters showed up yesterday out of the blue. Mind games from the bitch I'm sure... No big deal though; I already made my mind up!

I am noticing that I'm getting back to my more mellow(less dick-"ish") self. My kid can ask questions and just be a kid without fear of the nic monster 'blowup'  lol.

This is it! I'm done. Thanks for all y'all who support me and  'nutkick'  when I need it.

Also, I should be back up to an "A" on posting roll today as well.

Today I am proud to be quit with all of you!!
Based on some of your symptoms (being slightly less 'dick-ish') you'd think that were were both on the same quit day or something......oh wait, we are!

Starting to feel better, eh buddy? Me too. Keep hanging tough with me. We've got a long ways to go until we're out of the woods (if there is such a place) but based on the progress we've made thus far in such a short amount of time, image how much better we're going be feeling in a month, two month, etc. I'm stoked.

That being said, don't let you guard down. I woke up two nights ago completely soaked in sweat...and it was a cold night (well 'cold' by Phoenix standards anyway). I think I had a genuine hot flash or something and in definitely reminded me that my body is still working things out.

Quit on buddy!
Why, now that you mention it...I'm feeling less dick-ish, too. :-)
boy we better watch out or the rumor might get out that we are all feeling a little better lol
On a separate thread we decided that there is an inverse relationship between the number of days quit and your level of assholedness. Quit on....we are making the world an incrementally better place each day.
Man I hear you! Hell I felt so good tonight I cooked my guys at work some gumbo. One of em asked if I was gonna chew their ass tonight lol. Poor bastards! I think I'm gonna owe em a little more than gumbo!
15 yr nic addict
ODAAT

Offline SAM83

• Quit Pro
  • A failure to plan is a plan to fail!
  • Quit Date: 1/6/2014
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Motorcycle Touring, White Water Sports, Cooking/Grilling/Smoking (Food), Anything Outdoors and Go Steelers!
  • Likes Given: 232
« Reply #77 on: February 04, 2014, 09:55:00 PM »

Some strong craves have tested me over the last four days but not one that made me actually consider giving up on my quit.

Craves are getting a bit stronger now that I am easing off the smoky mountain but they won't get me.

Some kind of weird headache and case of the jitters showed up yesterday out of the blue. Mind games from the bitch I'm sure... No big deal though; I already made my mind up!

I am noticing that I'm getting back to my more mellow(less dick-"ish") self. My kid can ask questions and just be a kid without fear of the nic monster 'blowup'  lol.

This is it! I'm done. Thanks for all y'all who support me and  'nutkick'  when I need it.

Based on some of your symptoms (being slightly less 'dick-ish') you'd think that were were both on the same quit day or something......oh wait, we are!

Starting to feel better, eh buddy? Me too. Keep hanging tough with me. We've got a long ways to go until we're out of the woods (if there is such a place) but based on the progress we've made thus far in such a short amount of time, image how much better we're going be feeling in a month, two month, etc. I'm stoked.

That being said, don't let you guard down. I woke up two nights ago completely soaked in sweat...and it was a cold night (well 'cold' by Phoenix standards anyway). I think I had a genuine hot flash or something and in definitely reminded me that my body is still working things out.

Quit on buddy!
boy we better watch out or the rumor might get out that we are all feeling a little better lol
On a separate thread we decided that there is an inverse relationship between the number of days quit and your level of assholedness. Quit on....we are making the world an incrementally better place each day.

Offline ssever122

• Quitter
« Reply #76 on: February 04, 2014, 09:50:00 PM »

Quit on buddy!
15 yr nic addict
ODAAT

Offline ZillahCowboy

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #75 on: February 04, 2014, 06:12:00 PM »

Quit on buddy!

Offline peters6278

• Quitter
  • Interests: QuittingPerusing the topics here at KTCHomebrewingDrinking craft beerPlaying with my KidsShooting SportsRunning/Weight LiftingAnything involving power tools
« Reply #74 on: February 04, 2014, 04:43:00 PM »

I am noticing that I'm getting back to my more mellow(less dick-"ish") self. My kid can ask questions and just be a kid without fear of the nic monster 'blowup' lol.

This is it! I'm done. Thanks for all y'all who support me and 'nutkick' when I need it.

Quit on buddy!
Living the dream, one day at a time.

Quit Date 01/10/14
HOF Date 04/19/14

Offline ssever122

• Quitter
« Reply #73 on: February 04, 2014, 02:50:00 PM »

I am noticing that I'm getting back to my more mellow(less dick-"ish") self. My kid can ask questions and just be a kid without fear of the nic monster 'blowup' lol.

This is it! I'm done. Thanks for all y'all who support me and 'nutkick' when I need it.

15 yr nic addict
ODAAT

Offline ssever122

• Quitter
« Reply #72 on: February 01, 2014, 09:11:00 AM »
Quote from: derk40
Quote from: srans
Welp, Day 21 is in the bag. This was a milestone day for me just because I get to say 3 weeks instead of ##days. Had a few cravings today but only one really tough one. I had to give the crawl down your throat, "courage, pride, dedication(passion), integrity, honor and respect talk" with one of my guys. Over the past 12 years I've had that talk with lot's of rookies and I couldn't remember a time when I didn't have a fat wad poking out of my lip while doing so. I know this is completely retarded but thought I'd share it anyway. The fact that I didn't give in( not even to smokey mountain) made this rendition that much more passionate. I think the poor rook nearly wet him self. It was a beautiful thing. lol! 'crackup' javascript:emoticon("'crackup'")
Great job ssever. I'm enjoying watching your quit bro. You need to give yourself a pat. 21 days is no joke. Your proving to yourself daily that you don't need it never did. Great things coming,, believe it.

I know it's hard dealing with people and just about everything else life throws at you while going through these first few weeks. Your doing it bro. It gets better. Quit with you today.
These are the moments that build a solid foundation of a quit! When you are craving bad and are in a situation you know you would have used before -- then you just remember your quit, you've posted roll and then you thumb your nose at the nic B. That is how you do it. You are winning!

Well done bro. Keep at it today!
thanks gentlemen!
15 yr nic addict
ODAAT

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #71 on: January 31, 2014, 10:28:00 AM »
Quote from: srans
Welp, Day 21 is in the bag. This was a milestone day for me just because I get to say 3 weeks instead of ##days. Had a few cravings today but only one really tough one. I had to give the crawl down your throat, "courage, pride, dedication(passion), integrity, honor and respect talk" with one of my guys. Over the past 12 years I've had that talk with lot's of rookies and I couldn't remember a time when I didn't have a fat wad poking out of my lip while doing so. I know this is completely retarded but thought I'd share it anyway. The fact that I didn't give in( not even to smokey mountain) made this rendition that much more passionate. I think the poor rook nearly wet him self. It was a beautiful thing. lol! 'crackup' javascript:emoticon("'crackup'")
Great job ssever. I'm enjoying watching your quit bro. You need to give yourself a pat. 21 days is no joke. Your proving to yourself daily that you don't need it never did. Great things coming,, believe it.

I know it's hard dealing with people and just about everything else life throws at you while going through these first few weeks. Your doing it bro. It gets better. Quit with you today.
These are the moments that build a solid foundation of a quit! When you are craving bad and are in a situation you know you would have used before -- then you just remember your quit, you've posted roll and then you thumb your nose at the nic B. That is how you do it. You are winning!

Well done bro. Keep at it today!
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #70 on: January 31, 2014, 10:03:00 AM »

Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline ssever122

• Quitter
« Reply #69 on: January 31, 2014, 12:21:00 AM »
15 yr nic addict
ODAAT

Offline ssever122

• Quitter
« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2014, 03:29:00 PM »
Quote from: rdad
Quote from: Diesel2112
Almost 3 weeks in(20 days).

Well guys some days have gone by since my last rant and I've been called out by everybody close to me. Apparently, Ive been being a real dick! Who knew?

With that said, I'm back to apologize to for getting a bit over the top and for pissing in most of yall's post oasties. I appreciate y'all for not telling me to completely fuck off the other day and giving me a minute to rant.

I get pretty bent normally over seeing somebody get bullied, but that was over the top and I ended up misunderstanding it anyway. My bad fellas!

On an up-note tomorrow is three weeks and I hardly even miss snuff. At one point I was standing in a circle drinking a beer around a fire and was the only guy not dipping. I got called a big fat V and offered a pinch of most any flavor I could think of. That's how my buddies roll...fuckers!  To be honest I felt pretty good about it and felt even better about it afterwards.

At this time, I'm focusing on "forced positivity" right now to keep from losing my cool and that too seems to be working. Good luck gentleman and I'm proud to be quitting with y'all today!
No worries, Billy. Lol.

Also, I checked and www.billybadasa.com is taken.
Server,
Props to you man for the strength it must have took to abstain with all your friends dipping like that! I think that is hardcore quitting just 3 weeks in. I have my struggles after almost 70 days and I only have 2 regular friends that dip (and I only see them once in awhile) All my closer friends that I see more often for work, fishing and golf have been on my ass for years to knock this shit off.
Good job! and keep going, you never know some of your buddies may be wanting to secretly quit and might follow your example.
thanks Brett!

Diesel,
That's too bad about that website man. I was really looking forward to starting that up lol

Rdad,
I don't really any of them would really have given it to me if I caved but who knows. They were just seeing if I'd hold my mud!
15 yr nic addict
ODAAT

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2014, 03:24:00 PM »

Well guys some days have gone by since my last rant and I've been called out by everybody close to me. Apparently, Ive been being a real dick! Who knew?

With that said, I'm back to apologize to for getting a bit over the top and for pissing in most of yall's post oasties. I appreciate y'all for not telling me to completely fuck off the other day and giving me a minute to rant.

I get pretty bent normally over seeing somebody get bullied, but that was over the top and I ended up misunderstanding it anyway. My bad fellas!

On an up-note tomorrow is three weeks and I hardly even miss snuff. At one point I was standing in a circle drinking a beer around a fire and was the only guy not dipping. I got called a big fat V and offered a pinch of most any flavor I could think of. That's how my buddies roll...fuckers!  To be honest I felt pretty good about it and felt even better about it afterwards.

At this time, I'm focusing on "forced positivity" right now to keep from losing my cool and that too seems to be working. Good luck gentleman and I'm proud to be quitting with y'all today!
No worries, Billy. Lol.

As long as you haven't given in to the poison you can save that apology for your family. I won't be needing it. Your goal is to stay quit billy. Whatever it takes.lol
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2014, 03:19:00 PM »

No worries, Billy. Lol.

Server,
Props to you man for the strength it must have took to abstain with all your friends dipping like that! I think that is hardcore quitting just 3 weeks in. I have my struggles after almost 70 days and I only have 2 regular friends that dip (and I only see them once in awhile) All my closer friends that I see more often for work, fishing and golf have been on my ass for years to knock this shit off.
Good job! and keep going, you never know some of your buddies may be wanting to secretly quit and might follow your example.

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2014, 03:07:00 PM »

No worries, Billy. Lol.

Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."