Author Topic: new guy here!  (Read 1157 times)

Offline Dave1903

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-10-25
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: new guy here!
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2013, 11:10:00 AM »
Welcome to the freedom fighters post roll everyday if you can't post. Text someone they will post for you also remember it is done one day at a time 'oh yeah'
The nic is a bitch, but it's gone one day at a time.

Offline ScrewYouCope

• Quitter
  • Interests: Football (The Cowboys), riding in the woods, hunting, and computers....
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2013, 10:43:00 AM »
Josh,

Welcome to the Feb 13 group! We have a lot of Josh's in our group, including myself! So if you haven't quite figured it out yet the whole basis of this forum is to post everyday that you will not use nic. This is your promise to yourself and everyone in your group (And on KTC) that you will honor your word and you will not use today. We only focus on today and we let tomorrow work itself out!

Our group is a kick ass group to be part of, however they do like busting balls about posting EVERY day! We all do and we expect everyone else to! It takes 2 minutes to jump on and make the commitment to your brothers! I sent you a quick PM with my contact info! If you have any questions don't hesitate to text, PM, or call me! Also Dave1903 and GrizhasClaws are great resources in our group. They are very active!

Congrats on posting day 37! I'm quit with you today!

Josh aka ScrewYouCope
QD 11/18/13

"Yes you can stay quit. Forever. But make your practice 1 day at a time.."-wise words I read from TCOPE

"Nicotine fills no voids in your life. It creates them."...Diesel2112

Offline Lj1986

• Quitter
  • Interests: Love hiking and hunting! I also enjoy working on older Toyota pickups and 4runner's
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2013, 05:34:00 PM »
Thanks for the link! Still learning to navigate this web site! I figured it out and todaynwasnmy first post to roll call! Today was a rough day but I was nicotine free today!! Thanks all!! It means a lot to have you/this site to come to!!!
Quit date 11\1\13
North Idaho grown
Pain is the sign of weakness leaving your body
Big fat fuck you nic bitch!!!

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2013, 05:08:00 PM »
Quote from: Lj1986
So I found my group and posted to roll call! Do I have to post roll call everyday? Today I tried to fine my quit group and can't find it under the quit group link!
Read this. index.php?showforum=13

Yes, post everyday. I am on day 1073 and still post everyday. Why? It seems to be working. Glad you found us.

Offline Lj1986

• Quitter
  • Interests: Love hiking and hunting! I also enjoy working on older Toyota pickups and 4runner's
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2013, 04:19:00 PM »
So I found my group and posted to roll call! Do I have to post roll call everyday? Today I tried to fine my quit group and can't find it under the quit group link!
Quit date 11\1\13
North Idaho grown

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2013, 05:20:00 AM »
I'm having a hard time understanding how to post to roll call! The instructions make no sense to me!? I'm sure this is not the right place to post this but I'm confused.
Perfect place to post.

You are in the February 2014 group. This signifies when you will be 100 days quit. Can you find that group?
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline Lj1986

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2013, 01:50:00 AM »
I'm having a hard time understanding how to post to roll call! The instructions make no sense to me!? I'm sure this is not the right place to post this but I'm confused.
Quit date 11\1\13
North Idaho grown

Offline Smokeyg

• Quit King
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2013, 12:06:00 AM »
Thanks Ace!
passive agressive, lazy or non-committal?

only the roll post will tell.

Offline Lj1986

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2013, 10:45:00 PM »
Thanks Ace!
Quit date 11\1\13
North Idaho grown

Offline Smokeyg

• Quit King
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2013, 10:24:00 PM »
Quote from: B-loMatt
Josh, great decision! What you need to do if you have not already is educate yourself about nicotine. The welcome center is a great place to start, and reading intro threads is good too. Basically you need to be aware of the many pitfalls that are common causes of caves. Post roll every day with your quit group and get some phone #s so you can reach out for help in a tough spot (PM me if you want my #). Own your quit! KTC can be the difference, but only if you take the initiative.
It's all lip service until you post roll (see "WELCOME CENTER").

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2013, 11:45:00 AM »
Josh, great decision! What you need to do if you have not already is educate yourself about nicotine. The welcome center is a great place to start, and reading intro threads is good too. Basically you need to be aware of the many pitfalls that are common causes of caves. Post roll every day with your quit group and get some phone #s so you can reach out for help in a tough spot (PM me if you want my #). Own your quit! KTC can be the difference, but only if you take the initiative.

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2013, 10:21:00 AM »
Josh you seem on the right path. Making a promise is easy, keeping it is harder. Post roll every day and keep your promise. You clan do this.

Offline Ace121x

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: Archery, Farming, Computers, Games, Women
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 02:07:00 AM »
Hey everyone, my name is josh and I'm 27 years old and have been chewing for almost 10 years! After coming home this last Tuesday evening I put the can down and haven't looked back! I feel damn good about not chewing anymore! Everyone once in awhile if I get a craving I get on the site for a little support. I just wanted to intuduce my self as a newbie! I'm going to need all the support I can get! Have a good support system here at home but I would like to meet new people that know what I'm going threw!
Good Work So Far...

Long road ahead.... BUT Attainable day by day..

I am glad to be quit with ya today man, keep it up we will both be much better off in the end...

Im Ace, im 25 years old, and ive been quit 7 days
New Quitter? Click Here
'crackup' You Actually Think I May Cave Today? 'crackup'
Quit Date: Sunday November 10, 2013
'tanks'February 2014 Freedom Fighters'tanks'

Offline Lj1986

• Quitter
new guy here!
« on: November 16, 2013, 01:19:00 AM »
Hey everyone, my name is josh and I'm 27 years old and have been chewing for almost 10 years! After coming home this last Tuesday evening I put the can down and haven't looked back! I feel damn good about not chewing anymore! Everyone once in awhile if I get a craving I get on the site for a little support. I just wanted to intuduce my self as a newbie! I'm going to need all the support I can get! Have a good support system here at home but I would like to meet new people that know what I'm going threw!
Quit date 11\1\13
North Idaho grown