Author Topic: Need to Make a Change  (Read 1916 times)

Offline Njohns23

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 39
Re: Need to Make a Change
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2016, 06:58:00 PM »
First post roll done!!!!

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2016, 04:44:00 PM »
Quote from: njohns23
Trying to figure out how to post roll from my phone
Instructions for Posting with a Phone

(1) hit quote.
(2) go to the second text box.
(3) hold your finger on the text until an option box appears. Choose "cut all".
(4) go to the top text box (which is empty) and hold your finger there. A text box will appear and you choose "paste".
(5) add your name to roll call
(6) tap on "add reply" below bottom box
(7) Stay Quit

Post Roll every day or communicate with someone and have them post via text, email or call. Get as many number of your group as you can and use them frequently. Keep in touch with your quit brothers. Send them a PM, text or call every few days just to keep an open line of communication. Give them your email address. Make it IMPOSSIBLE for you to go a day without several people contacting you all day if you don't post roll.

Remember, the only true way to mess up roll call is to not be on it!

Offline Njohns23

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2016, 03:50:00 PM »
Trying to figure out how to post roll from my phone

Offline kramer

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2016, 03:48:00 PM »
njohns, what happened? I saw you reading in May but you didn't post roll.

Offline PatrickG

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-01-30
  • Interests: God, family, duck hunting and Alabama football.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2016, 03:37:00 PM »
Nick,

Get over to the May 16 quit group and post that day 1. It will be a wild ride, so buckle up.
It's not the will to win that matters...everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters.- Paul Bear Bryant

Process guarantees success. A good process produces good results - Nick Saban

HOF Speech - There is nothing new under the sun

Offline Njohns23

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2016, 03:30:00 PM »
Thank you all that have responded. Yes I do want to quit for myself. I want to be able to say I have beat this addiction. Last night on the way home from work I opened the window and dumped out the remainder of my can. Today I went to all of the places I would put the empty cans to keep them hidden and through away everything. I no longer want to come across and of this in my home again. I think in the past I have always stopped because I wanted to make others happy and never addressed the reasons why I chewed in the first place. To me it was a crunch for when I got angry , upset at myself for making a mistake and something I used to say it just calms me down. Not anymore I will not use this as a crutch anymore. I WANT TO QUIT FOR ME.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 03:02:00 PM »
Roll call bro, it's the only cost of entry.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 12:05:00 PM »
Quote from: jpfabel1073
Nick, If you truly are ready to quit for you and only you then you have found the right place. By looking at your quit date I'm assuming that you have dumped out all the cancer causing weed you have left. Next get into your quit month May 16 and post roll making your promise to the other quiters in May that you will not use for the next 24 hours. Tomorrow wake up, piss and post roll again not to use for the next 24 hours. Pretty simple process that will suck until it doesn't. We only worry about today here, quit for today and only today, repeat tomorrow. I'll be looking for your name on roll in May 16.
Welcome to KTC Njohns!
I was never able to quit until I had just had enough of it. I could never quit for my family despite the fact that it was really affecting my marriage. You have got to do this for yourself. Becuause YOU want it and are ready to be free. Start reading all you can here, make some friends to lean on and most importantly POST ROLL EVERYDAY!

Offline Jpfabel1073

• Adding drops to the quit bucket everyday.
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 02-05-2015
  • Likes Given: 63
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 11:02:00 AM »
Nick, If you truly are ready to quit for you and only you then you have found the right place. By looking at your quit date I'm assuming that you have dumped out all the cancer causing weed you have left. Next get into your quit month May 16 and post roll making your promise to the other quiters in May that you will not use for the next 24 hours. Tomorrow wake up, piss and post roll again not to use for the next 24 hours. Pretty simple process that will suck until it doesn't. We only worry about today here, quit for today and only today, repeat tomorrow. I'll be looking for your name on roll in May 16.
If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse. 02/05/15 9am
Internet arguments have no bearing on my quit because I control my own reaction to every situation that arises--rkymtnman
Do or don't, it's that simple--KingNothing
Complacency is the ultimate enemy of quit, keep involved, dont just post roll take a second each time to reflect and remind yourself just what this is all about. quit hard every damm day--D2maine
We are all in this pile of shit together--Devil6Dog
Weakness is a choice 100% of the time--razd611
Decisions make habits, habits show character, character determines your fate.--bobchap

Offline Njohns23

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
Need to Make a Change
« on: January 27, 2016, 09:59:00 AM »
My name is Nick and I have been dipping for on and off since I was 20. I keep telling myself I am done I get in a few months and then grab a can stop for a little bit and then back at it. I am tired of not being able to break the cycle. More importantly I am tired of keeping this from my wife. On numerous occasions she has found chew around the house and a few times a empty can I forgot to throw away. If I can't beat this I am afraid she will leave, since I keep saying that I am done only to come right back to it and lie that I am not chewing. I have always told myself I don't need it, I just want one and I can be done when the can is gone. I have decided to join this site so that I can hopefully change that mind set. I can get over the cravings right away but I need to find away not to break and buy a can when I get down at myself . Any advice would be extremely grateful.