Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 984 times)

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
Re: Introduction
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2015, 12:08:00 AM »
Quit like fuck every damn day.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Tuco

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 7/27/2014
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2014, 09:59:00 PM »
Quote from: dblhaulr
Quote from: BAMF
18 days quit so far. I've been using generic 2mg nicotine gum since day 4. I'm 49 and been dipping Copenhagen since I was 16. I've been using my upper lip almost the whole time. Copying my Grampa... easier to hide and don't have to spit as much. I stopped spitting altogether when I was about 18. I don't know if that makes it even harder to stop or not. Anyways I am so frustrated by the fact that I still have such strong cravings this far in. I found this site googling around looking so see how long these stinking cravings last. I ran out of that gum today. I had 1 piece left and it got used up earlier today. I don't feel like getting hooked on 40.00 a box gum. I suppose it varies by person but good grief I figured it would be easier to get through the day by now. I came so close to running out and getting a can... still rolling through my head. I need to lose my car keys or something...
HI DB, awesome decision to ditch the copenhagen. you got me beat. i started at about 15 and I am currently 37 (been no nicotine for 8 days today). But yeah its a habit you got to be ready to quit. And heres the kicker, you are still addicted, because you use that darn gum. I invite you over to the April 2015 quitters, read through our messages, ditch the gum and post role. I know it seems foreign, but if you are serious just get over there and do it, we have an awesome group of dudes. Some dawdlers, but for the most part I have faith it will be a strong month to quit. Send me a PM and I'll get you my number if you have any questions.

Oh and welcome to "the suck" - yeah I didn't know what that meant either, but read the pages here and you'll develop an understanding of the lingo.

Happy new years!!
I just now see that because I've been using that gum I'm essentially back to day zero... hence your invite to move to the April group. Will do.
Yep. Ditch that shit immediately. The nic patches, gum, and mints are ultimately no better for you than the cat turds are. Drop each one of those nasty white fuckers in the toilet (take a picture and post it here because we love a good burial at sea) and then post up your Day 1 in April. You can do this.

PS: Don't think for a moment that fly fishing without a cat turd in your lip will make it different or less enjoyable. That's just addict-speak for trying to trick you into thinking that you "need" dip in order to do the things that you enjoy.

Offline jabr

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Agriculture, NCAAFB, Arkansas Razorbacks, STL Cardinals
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2014, 09:53:00 PM »
Ok, dblhaulr, I deleted my responses in the March group. You're clear to post roll in the April group just as soon as you flush that gum.

Post it up. Embrace the suck. The next few days will be like those first four you did. Just hang with it. It'll get easier eventually.

Offline dblhaulr

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-12-31
  • Interests: Hiking, mountain biking, fly fishing and fly tying, hockey, spending time having fun with my wife and kids.
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2014, 09:19:00 PM »
Quote from: BAMF
18 days quit so far. I've been using generic 2mg nicotine gum since day 4. I'm 49 and been dipping Copenhagen since I was 16. I've been using my upper lip almost the whole time. Copying my Grampa... easier to hide and don't have to spit as much. I stopped spitting altogether when I was about 18. I don't know if that makes it even harder to stop or not. Anyways I am so frustrated by the fact that I still have such strong cravings this far in. I found this site googling around looking so see how long these stinking cravings last. I ran out of that gum today. I had 1 piece left and it got used up earlier today. I don't feel like getting hooked on 40.00 a box gum. I suppose it varies by person but good grief I figured it would be easier to get through the day by now. I came so close to running out and getting a can... still rolling through my head. I need to lose my car keys or something...
HI DB, awesome decision to ditch the copenhagen. you got me beat. i started at about 15 and I am currently 37 (been no nicotine for 8 days today). But yeah its a habit you got to be ready to quit. And heres the kicker, you are still addicted, because you use that darn gum. I invite you over to the April 2015 quitters, read through our messages, ditch the gum and post role. I know it seems foreign, but if you are serious just get over there and do it, we have an awesome group of dudes. Some dawdlers, but for the most part I have faith it will be a strong month to quit. Send me a PM and I'll get you my number if you have any questions.

Oh and welcome to "the suck" - yeah I didn't know what that meant either, but read the pages here and you'll develop an understanding of the lingo.

Happy new years!!
I just now see that because I've been using that gum I'm essentially back to day zero... hence your invite to move to the April group. Will do.

Offline dblhaulr

• Quitter
  • Interests: Hiking, mountain biking, fly fishing and fly tying, hockey, spending time having fun with my wife and kids.
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 08:40:00 PM »
Thanks fellas. Ya I knew I was messing up with that stinkin gum. I was cold turkey for 4 days before I got some. I should have just stuck it out. I'm not getting anymore of it. I'll just have to suck it up. I tried to post roll but I'm not sure I did it right.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 08:32:00 PM »
You are in the right place. Someone smarter than me will instruct you on how to post roll and the importance of it (and it is very important) but I want to leave you with some thoughts on the insanely powerful ability of the tobacco industry...

Can you imagine the maker of Smirnoff airing tv commercials promoting that alcoholics can get relieve by drinking beer? Or a doctor telling a cocaine addict to switch to heroin? How about telling Rush Limbaugh to drop the OxyContin for some Percocet? Ridiculous, right? Nicotine is as or more addictive than any of them. The patch, the gum, ecigs, Snus, dip... Smirnoff/beer. All designed to maintain the addiction. By the way, a can = 3 packs of smokes. We are hardcore addicts. Bud, you are doing the right thing for you. You can do this. Thousands of us have. congratulations on a great decision.

Offline BAMF

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-12-24
  • Interests: Attempting to thin the herd, one smack at a time.
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 08:30:00 PM »

Happy new years!!

Offline dblhaulr

• Quitter
Introduction
« on: December 31, 2014, 07:55:00 PM »