Author Topic: Quitting; 2 for 1  (Read 1115 times)

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 248
Re: Quitting; 2 for 1
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2015, 01:15:00 AM »
Quote from: brunwardo
Quote from: quark
PATHETIC!
Amen, brother. If you crave a dip, just remember your past self, and how pathetic it was to gutter that shit, and plan your life around your next dip, and be such a slave that day after day for years you told yourself you would quit, but did not.
Exactly...I think about it daily! Surprisingly, I can't believe how well the quit is going. I truly, truly believe that it is due to my mindset. All the other times I tried to quit, my mind wasn't convinced that I needed to quit. Now it is!!
That is the right mindset. Wake up every morning and find a way to get your name on roll. Make the promise and keep the promise. Kick nicotine to the curb every morning. B)B

Offline brunwardo

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-12-07
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2015, 04:51:00 PM »
Quote from: quark
PATHETIC!
Amen, brother. If you crave a dip, just remember your past self, and how pathetic it was to gutter that shit, and plan your life around your next dip, and be such a slave that day after day for years you told yourself you would quit, but did not.
Exactly...I think about it daily! Surprisingly, I can't believe how well the quit is going. I truly, truly believe that it is due to my mindset. All the other times I tried to quit, my mind wasn't convinced that I needed to quit. Now it is!!
No longer a slave to the can!

GO PACK GO!!

Offline quark

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-03-23
  • Interests: Biking, swimming, running, reading
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2015, 08:36:00 PM »
PATHETIC!

Offline eyehatecope

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-08-09
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2015, 10:50:00 AM »
Quote from: pab1964
Quote from: Idaho
Great intro brunwardo, your story is similar to mine except my old man is still chewing.

Have a plan when you go hunting; seeds, gum, fake, etc. When he puts a chew in what will you do? When he offers you one?

Post your promise and keep it all day long, check your PM, text me if you start letting the nicotine and chew win the mind game.

Proud to quit with you Idaho Spuds
Bruno if your buddy don't know already, let him know first thing. If he's a true friend he want offer. I learned early like the next morning how to deal with the temptation, because I have 5 guys on my crew 4 dip and 1 rides with me. Learn to be strong and face the bitch head on , show her who the boss is now. I'm damn proud of you. My advice would be buy a can of fake for the deer hunting, better to have and not need it than not have it and breakdown! Quit on my friend!
Use the fake I agree. Also congrats on the best decision. I'm here if you need anything.
Jenny and Tom Kern

RIP My Brother!

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2015, 07:42:00 PM »
Quote from: Idaho
Great intro brunwardo, your story is similar to mine except my old man is still chewing.

Have a plan when you go hunting; seeds, gum, fake, etc. When he puts a chew in what will you do? When he offers you one?

Post your promise and keep it all day long, check your PM, text me if you start letting the nicotine and chew win the mind game.

Bruno if your buddy don't know already, let him know first thing. If he's a true friend he want offer. I learned early like the next morning how to deal with the temptation, because I have 5 guys on my crew 4 dip and 1 rides with me. Learn to be strong and face the bitch head on , show her who the boss is now. I'm damn proud of you. My advice would be buy a can of fake for the deer hunting, better to have and not need it than not have it and breakdown! Quit on my friend!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2015, 05:42:00 PM »

Offline Nomore1959

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 329
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2015, 05:20:00 PM »
Good start. I had periods of falling asleep early as well. We are each a little different. Congrats on getting past the the point of nicotine in your system. Now for the mind games.

Have a plan for the weekend triggers... deer hunting and football. Make sure you have some fake or seeds or something to go to if a crave hits and you friend has a tin. A little preparation makes your strength go farther.

'Remshot' '

Offline brunwardo

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2015, 04:31:00 PM »
The work week hasn't gone too bad. I've noticed a couple of things....1) I've been really sleepy very early at night. Monday and Tuesday, I fell asleep in my chair at 8pm. I normally go to between around 10:30-11pm. Seems the opposite of the sleeplessness others have experienced 2) Tongue is definitely sore today, though upon reading, that's normal. 3) Day two was the worst!! Today, day 4, things seem more back to normal. Able to work with a semi-clear head. Hopefully this continues.

This weekend, true tests will come. Into the woods for some deer hunting with a buddy still on the can. I know I'm strong enough to stay away. Also, a weekend filled with NFL football...still strong enough to stay away.

GO PACK GO!!

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2015, 05:40:00 PM »
Quote from: Nomore1959
Good decision by both you and your father to quit. It will suck for a while, but it will get better.

Go join the March 2016 Quit group, introduce yourself and post roll. You lurked, so you know what to do.

Persuade your father to join as well. I'm his age, and I know one father / son quit team that helped me early and still inspires my quit every day.
Thanks for the kind words Nomore, but I'm afraid the old man will not be joining us! He has never been on the internet and does not own a smart phone. He has a strong personal network around him though.
Brunwardo welcome! Learn to post roll early, every damn day! It's gonna suck, if it didn't no one would be on here with more than a few weeks time! I quit with you, now get in your group and sign up! Lot's more advice when you post Roll!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline brunwardo

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2015, 02:42:00 PM »
Quote from: Nomore1959
Good decision by both you and your father to quit. It will suck for a while, but it will get better.

Go join the March 2016 Quit group, introduce yourself and post roll. You lurked, so you know what to do.

Persuade your father to join as well. I'm his age, and I know one father / son quit team that helped me early and still inspires my quit every day.
Thanks for the kind words Nomore, but I'm afraid the old man will not be joining us! He has never been on the internet and does not own a smart phone. He has a strong personal network around him though.

GO PACK GO!!

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2015, 02:10:00 PM »
Welcome Brunwardo. I'm glad you're reading up on KTC, keep it up. Reading everything I could for the few two weeks or so really helped me to understand that this is not some silly "show up when you feel like it" kind of fight. Every single day we're here ready to do battle with one of the most addictive substances a person could ingest.

It's not always going to be easy, but it's well worth it. Make your promise, keep your promise, rinse and repeat. You've got this thing if you stick to that simple philosophy and show up ODAAT and EDD. Glad you're here. If you need anything at all, don't be afraid to reach out.
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline Nomore1959

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 329
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 02:03:00 PM »

Offline brunwardo

• Quitter
Quitting; 2 for 1
« on: December 09, 2015, 01:53:00 PM »
Hello to all. I've been lurking the forum for the past couple of days and decided to join today. My last dip was Sunday evening, December 6 and I am not looking back!

I am 34 years old, married to my high school sweetheart and have a beautiful 14 month old daughter. At the age of 16, I stole my first can of dad's Copenhagen out of the fridge and haven't looked back since then. In the high school days, we chewed non-stop, after football, hockey and golf practice, driving in our trucks, partying with the boys, in art class, shop class and anywhere in between! I chewed Kodiak, Skoal, Cope, Rooster, Red Seal, Red Man, you name it!!

Heading off to college, the dipping never quit! I learned the fine art of gutting chew with a beverage....yay, something to be freaking proud of! After college, I always thought I'd quit but at each of the 3 jobs that I've held since then, I could either chew openly or easily hide it.

I've always had that thought in the back of my head that I'll quit tomorrow, next week, next month, next year, etc. I thought with the approach of my first child I would quit, but didn't. Every fall, bowhunting season comes and I tell myself, you'll quit after it's over and never do. My current job strictly forbids tobacco on the premises. I switched to chewing pouches while in the building, hiding the can in my sock all day long. PATHETIC!

Once and for all I am sick of being a slave to the can. Last Thursday, my father called me and told me he had just left the dentist. He was having some pain in his molars. The dentist, who my dad has known for a long time being from a small town, looked at him and said "you need to make sure that the last dip you had was your last one. Things aren't looking so great for you in your mouth." My father, who has chewed since he was 18 years old and is now 58, threw his freshly opened can in the garbage walking out of the dentist's office and hasn't had a dip in 6 days. If the old man can do it, I want to be right along side him in his journey.

Day one was easy, day 2 was horrific, today seems much better. At the rate I'm eating, I'll probably be up 100 pounds a week from now. I look forward to joining the KTC ranks. I truly believe I will never put that nasty turd in my mouth again, but there will be times when I am weak and may need the help of KTC. Thanks much! brunwardo

GO PACK GO!!