Author Topic: The Bloody Seal  (Read 1721 times)

Offline AlexR

• Likes Given: 0
Re: The Bloody Seal
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2015, 12:42:00 PM »
Quote from: Jerk11
Quote from: AlexR
Quote from: SamueL
Woke up yesterday and my tongue felt kinda raw and sore..... This normal or just a side of me reign out different things to chew on?
How are you doing lately aside from the tongue? It sounds as if you're not having all that much trouble, but I figured I'd check in anyway.
I'm doing quite well actually, a lot better than I thought use be. I can make it through a few beers and push the craving back..... I just mainly like to chew on stuff lol. The pain is mainly outweighed by the herniated disk. The cold sweats only happen when I'm working like the manual labor part of the job. My wife's a good help, my buddy came over the other day and he took a dip.... I caught a wiff of it and gotta say I don't enjoy the smell as much as I once did.... Natural snuff smells like horse shit.
Hate to be that guy, but I want to point out to you that alcohol has killed many, many, many quits.. especially early on. Most recommend to abstain completely from it for at least the first 30 days. Beer and chew always went hand in hand with me, and alcohol lowers inhibitions and leaves you with that "F It" attitude where you talk yourself into a dip or smoke more easily. Also, may want to consider staying away from friends or others that smoke or dip, at least until you get a few weeks/months under your belt. You may be able to say no once or twice, but being around others that use it constantly can wear on you and will make it more likely (and easy) to cave, since they will always have some on them. Always stay vigilant in your Quit. Your life is on the line!

Good work so far. Keep it up, BAQ
No way that I can stay away from people that use. Everyone I work with smokes. I've told them not to let me have even a drag. All of my buddies that I drink with are actually really helpful and won't even let me think about it.

Offline Jerk11

• Quitter
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2015, 09:54:00 AM »
Woke up yesterday and my tongue felt kinda raw and sore..... This normal or just a side of me reign out different things to chew on?
How are you doing lately aside from the tongue? It sounds as if you're not having all that much trouble, but I figured I'd check in anyway.
I'm doing quite well actually, a lot better than I thought use be. I can make it through a few beers and push the craving back..... I just mainly like to chew on stuff lol. The pain is mainly outweighed by the herniated disk. The cold sweats only happen when I'm working like the manual labor part of the job. My wife's a good help, my buddy came over the other day and he took a dip.... I caught a wiff of it and gotta say I don't enjoy the smell as much as I once did.... Natural snuff smells like horse shit.
Hate to be that guy, but I want to point out to you that alcohol has killed many, many, many quits.. especially early on. Most recommend to abstain completely from it for at least the first 30 days. Beer and chew always went hand in hand with me, and alcohol lowers inhibitions and leaves you with that "F It" attitude where you talk yourself into a dip or smoke more easily. Also, may want to consider staying away from friends or others that smoke or dip, at least until you get a few weeks/months under your belt. You may be able to say no once or twice, but being around others that use it constantly can wear on you and will make it more likely (and easy) to cave, since they will always have some on them. Always stay vigilant in your Quit. Your life is on the line!

Good work so far. Keep it up, BAQ

Offline AlexR

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2015, 07:39:00 AM »

Offline Tjschu

• Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 388
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2015, 11:38:00 PM »
Damn like 80% of the things I eat are spicy lol.
Oh I still ate them it just took me longer to eat them! Lol!

Offline SamueL

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2015, 11:07:00 PM »

Offline AlexR

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2015, 08:09:00 PM »
Damn like 80% of the things I eat are spicy lol.

Offline Tjschu

• Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 388
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2015, 08:25:00 AM »
It took a couple of months for my tongue to heal. I couldn't stand to eat anything spicy for a ling time. It did get better though!

Offline AlexR

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2015, 07:31:00 AM »

Offline AlexR

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2015, 08:13:00 AM »
Well I've gotta say I think the pain from my herniated disk is making this easier. It's giving me a more ibtense pain to worry about. Never thought use say this but atm thank god for sciatica ??

Offline Nomore1959

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 329
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2015, 08:14:00 PM »
A. Nice victory.

B. Oregon mint tastes like mint (if you are into that), and feels right in your lip. But it is a tad gooey on the dipping fingers.

C. As many opinions as quitters, though most agree Smokey Mountain tastes like ass. (I have tasted neither)

Offline AlexR

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2015, 07:58:00 PM »
Went to the bar tonight, I looked at it as my first big test... Day three and I've only had mild cold sweats during my workday usually after lunch.

Got 3 beers in and a craving hot me like never before. I stopped drinking and talked to my buddies for a bit (who know not to let me have any nicotine) and finally had a few more beers, chewing on peanuts and toothpicks the rest of the night lol.

But the bottom line is I made it thru a night of alcohol without breaking my word to you guys.... Tall were always in the back of my mind every time ode smell a cig and think damn that would be nice.

So here I am with a sip of smokey mountain in wondering if there's any fake snuff that doesn't taste like ass and feel like hair lol... I heard hooch feels real true or false anyone?

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2015, 07:45:00 PM »
Alex my friend win every day! One day at a time! I'm damn proud of you ! Quit on!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline SamueL

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2015, 04:04:00 PM »
Alex! It's great to see you on here, man. Keep coming back here as time goes on and seek support when things get tough. Quitting is absolutely NOT easy, but it is doable. I was a complete train wreck when I first quit, and I didn't find this place until 41 days into my quit. You have the distinct advantage of having an incredible support network right from the beginning. Use it.

Glad to quit with you, Alex.

Offline JB65

• Quitting MoFo
  • Lennie and Henry
  • Quit Date: August 17, 2015
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2015, 10:53:00 PM »
Doing great Alex! Hang tough! You can do this!

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2015, 05:31:00 PM »
Alex, damn proud of you! As rdad said I dipped 38 year's, constantly. I found ktc 347 days ago and with my brother's and sisters and posting roll early every damn morning, I'm winning my daily battle of being an addict. One day at a time! Quit on!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD