Author Topic: New here (I quit sat dec 29)  (Read 1752 times)

Offline neverShouldaStarted

• Likes Given: 0
New here (I quit sat dec 29)
« on: January 08, 2013, 08:47:00 PM »
I was just curious if there was anything like this online and I found it. It definitely reinforces your conviction.

I started dipping when I was 23 (I am now 30), its weird, because that is generally an age where people wouldn't "start" doing something like this. I joined the Army at that time and like everyone in my unit dipped, and I eventually tried it. Stupid, stupid stupid.

so as of saturday jan 12, I will have quit for 2 weeks.
I would say right now the biggest issue for me is, unconsciously reaching for the can, and developing that anticipation in that moment then the let down from your brain when it realizes it isn't gonna get anything. Other than that the physical cravings are gone. I quit on a weekend, there was to be drinking and partying for a cousins wedding, I figured if I could get through that, I am golden. Keeping busy that entire weekend helped, as I didn't think about it as much...but that first night out drinking I swear there was a burning desire in my core that felt like my soul trying to jump out of my chest and get a can of dip. I previously tried to quit twice before but couldnt make it a day...boredom is my killer for getting over the physical addiction. I've been planning on doing it this long weekend since the summer time and I got through the toughest part. Keeping busy and constantly being around people was huge.

I just don't want to ruin it. I've gone nearly 2 weeks, knowing how incredibly difficult the first 3-4 days were, is what is keeping me with it. I never want to have to experience those first few days again, compared to now, this is a cake walk. As I think someone mentioned in the words of wisdom I recently read...coffee has been huge. Not to recommend replacing one drug with another, but seriously, when really want that nic buzz, A large cup of coffee does the trick, dont know why (other than both being stimulants).

Anywho, just wanted to introduce myself, will keep perusing here to keep me on the path.