Author Topic: typical welders  (Read 2544 times)

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
Re: typical welders
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2012, 02:54:00 PM »
Sleep is highly overated. On of these days you will get way more than you need.

Seriously, sleep will return to normal in a couple of weeks. It gets better!
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline syndrome

• geezer squad
  • Master of Quit
  • you kids get off my yard
  • Quit Date: 11/13/08
  • Likes Given: 718
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2012, 01:09:00 PM »
hay man i rote bout havin troubel sleepin in my intro erly on. shood be on like the last page. its that bestest thred link rite there in my sig line. man i rote all kinds a stuff to help out other quiterers there.

Offline DiplessinJax

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-09-04
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2012, 03:35:00 PM »
Good advice with taking naps if you can. I work from home when not traveling and napped like a fucking teenager the last two weeks. It does help!

Also look into some breathing exercises. Google it and you'll find something. It's simple and more of a relaxation technique. I do it now and then but can't focus for 5 straight minutes to really get to sleep with that but it does slow the brain down a bit.

Nice handle. Would like to here the story behind that one. Assume you played some ball. Me too but it would be more like slow and hard headed. LMAO!!!

Good luck with your quit!

Jax
Quit Date: 9/4/12
HOF: 12/12/12

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" - Ricky Bobby
"Time passes. Will you?" - written on the wall of a class room
Stay quit, Bitches!!! - DiplessinJax

Offline Dozer99

• Quitter
    • www.cottinghamperformancehorses.com
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2012, 02:52:00 PM »
Something else that might help, although it's not always possible is to take a nap during the middle of the day. Your brain needs about 5-9 hours of sleep each 24 hours to function well (each person is different) but your brain doesn't need it all at once. Some people can't take naps during the day, but if you can it will help.
Quit day: 11 Sep 2012.

"....A Republic, if you can keep it." Benjamin Franklin

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2012, 12:45:00 PM »
Quote from: dukedog
Quote from: Kubiak
Melatonin, it's a non-addictive supplement that your body produces naturally, google it and get some, it works.
Valerian is another natural sleep aid, smells bad but helped me. While we're talking about herbal shit I've found St. John's Wort useful for anxiety and depression. Prescription drugs scare me.....getting rid of addictions here, not picking up new ones.
Personally, I agree...no pills. But, I also was corrected on that issue recently. My new attitude is that you should do what you AND YOUR DOCTOR think you should do to remain quit.

Some people need a doctor's help for the anxiety/sleeplessness. Everybody is different. I didn't sleep normally for weeks...more than two or three, I think. But I didn't have anxiety. I would just surf the interenet (found this site that way) or watch TV. I didn't try to fight it. I knew what was causing it, and I saw it for what it was...the nicotine withdrawal mind-fuck. And I actually embraced the sleepless nights because that was me earning my freedom...one day, and one sleepless night, at a time.

I've heard Nyquil works...Benadryl, too. 2 extra-strength Tylenol sorta worked for me after a few weeks...but maybe I would have been sleeping anyway at that point? Talk to the bad-ass quitting experts on this site and talk to a doctor if you think it will help. But, don't get angry at the sleepless nights. Don't just lay there tossing and turning. Get up, learn to laugh at your condition, and relax knowing that it will get better.

Stay strong, brother!!!

Offline dukedog

• Quitter
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2012, 12:03:00 PM »
Quote from: Kubiak
Melatonin, it's a non-addictive supplement that your body produces naturally, google it and get some, it works.
Valerian is another natural sleep aid, smells bad but helped me. While we're talking about herbal shit I've found St. John's Wort useful for anxiety and depression. Prescription drugs scare me.....getting rid of addictions here, not picking up new ones.
Dese for you

Offline Dozer99

• Quitter
    • www.cottinghamperformancehorses.com
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2012, 11:41:00 AM »
goldenarm89,

IÂ’m in December with you, I'm day 9 quit. Not much sleep for me either. I keep waking up at around 2am after going to sleep around midnight. I've also starting to see these weird black shadow figures in the corners of rooms and where the wall meets the ceiling. The black shadow figures are only a figment of my nicotine starved brain, IÂ’ve been telling myself, but now I not so sure. IÂ’ve been trying to catch one of the figures for two nights now, and last night I actually caught one, itÂ’s in a jarÂ…Â… oh wait, you asked how to get some sleep, not how to get committed. Drink some Nyquil! Sleep like a baby for at least 6 hoursÂ…..

Dozer
Quit day: 11 Sep 2012.

"....A Republic, if you can keep it." Benjamin Franklin

Offline mich 34

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Interests: reading, hunting, fishing, above all - spending time with the wife and kids (when they are being good!!)
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2012, 10:16:00 AM »
go talk to your brothers in the december 12 quit group, I know for a fact a few of them have had a hell of a time with no sleep, and I know that they have made it through and things are better now. Talk to them they are right where you are. (it really will get better!)
my intro
QD 07-19-2012
Group - Roctober Madmen Post with some Madmen (and women)
HOF 10-27-12 HOF Speech
2nd Floor 2-4-13, 3rd Floor 5-15-13
1 year of freedom - 7-19-2013. Thank you KTC
4th Floor 8-23-13, 5th Floor 12-1-13, 6th Floor 3-11-14, 7th Floor 6-19-14, 8th Floor 9-27-14, 9th Floor 1-5-15

Offline TSNUS

• Quitter
  • Interests: Fishing, camping, skiing, BBQing
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2012, 09:09:00 AM »
Melatonin 1/2 hour before bed, or pick up some Unisom. I went 2-3 days with no sleep early on in my quit too. Once I got some sleep thing got instantly better. I found myself checking out at 8-9pm just so I didn't have to deal with the wife/kids as well since I was a prick anyway, they didn't mind either. I was in a heavy fog, but the good news is it lifted. Also go take a long power walk to tire you out and get rid of some rage. Quit on and let us know how you are doing.
Quit 8/14/12 and taking my life back one day at a time.

If you don?t control what you have access to, what you have access to will control you.

I?m trying to remind myself daily it?s not the absence of conflict that determines whether or not my relationships are healthy. It?s knowing how to handle the conflicts that will arise.

Character is who we are, not who we pretend to be. It's better to be shaped than to be fake.

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2012, 08:16:00 AM »
Quote from: Roamcountry
Quote from: goldenarm89
Any tips to getting a nights rest ? It's my 3rd day off the shit last night didn't sleep at all.
Aaaah the sleepless nights! Dont miss those my friend. Nyquil worked well for me, your body and mind are just going through the adjustments. It sucks, but what would suck worse is to start all over again. Hang in there man, this will pass.
'crackup'
Roam did you see what time you made that post! Your like me you never sleep.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Kubiak

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2012, 07:34:00 AM »

Offline GR8WHITEBUFFALO

• Quitter
  • Interests: Running, hunting, fishing, golfing, wasting away in margaritaville.
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2012, 07:28:00 AM »
I worked out (ran / walk / weights) to make myself extra tired to try and sleep those early quit days. It will get better.
Enough is enough. Time to take control back from the nic bitch. My HOF speechGR8WHITEBUFFALO

Offline Roamcountry

• Quit Pro
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2012, 04:00:00 AM »
Any tips to getting a nights rest ? It's my 3rd day off the shit last night didn't sleep at all.
Aaaah the sleepless nights! Dont miss those my friend. Nyquil worked well for me, your body and mind are just going through the adjustments. It sucks, but what would suck worse is to start all over again. Hang in there man, this will pass.

Offline goldenarm89

• Quitter
  • Interests: Anything to do with welding ,trucks and really just about anything I don't know.
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2012, 01:02:00 AM »
I can weld a cats ass to plate of glass..
Thats some live action right there.
Quit date 9-17-12

Offline magnum9

• Quit Pro
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2012, 01:24:00 PM »
Well I was going to bed so I figured hey I'll start fresh in the morning and I did its been 12 hours since I dipped.
I saw your name on roll call. Way to go!

The cravings are going to start hitting real damn hard. You CAN do this. One craving at a time is how you get through the withdrawal.

Come on here, read, and bitch us out if it helps.