Author Topic: On day 12, the struggle is definitely real.  (Read 1617 times)

Offline JGlav

• Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quit Date: 9/05/15
  • Likes Given: 19
Re: On day 12, the struggle is definitely real.
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2016, 08:47:00 AM »
Quote from: pab1964
Quote from: MidnightDipper
Was thinking today about this site, and how much it helped me up front when i wanted to stop dipping. I can tell those that are reading this site today, and are trying to quit, or thinking about it - it does get so much better. The fist several weeks were brutal for me. Anxiety, times of depression and doubt about being able to stay quit were fierce, but you can do it!! You really do have to take it one day at a time, and before you know it, it will have been 3 months, 6 months and then a whole year! I'm working out more, eating healthier and just feel a lot better about myself overall. Quitting this terrible drug has to be one of the smartest things I have ever done. Good luck to everyone.
Thanks for checking in! I will post it on Facebook for you! Goodluck
Glad you are still quit Midnight. However, for those that are reading this site today, know this, I was stopped for 5years from 2008 to 2013, went right back to the can. I Did not know about KTC or accountability or helping others.
Just up and caved one night. Figured one tin and i'd be done. yeah right, we all know the story. Midnight you said: "Was thinking today about this site", "stop dipping", "Good luck to everyone" If you were thinking of this site great, how about helping others in your group or in the new groups??? We do not stop we quit. You need to get back to the KTC vernacular, if you participate you can fix that. Again there is no "luck" here. We quit. I need the accountability and the
ability to post roll everyday so that I do not fail again. Proud to be quit with you today.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2016, 08:45:00 PM »
Was thinking today about this site, and how much it helped me up front when i wanted to stop dipping. I can tell those that are reading this site today, and are trying to quit, or thinking about it - it does get so much better. The fist several weeks were brutal for me. Anxiety, times of depression and doubt about being able to stay quit were fierce, but you can do it!! You really do have to take it one day at a time, and before you know it, it will have been 3 months, 6 months and then a whole year! I'm working out more, eating healthier and just feel a lot better about myself overall. Quitting this terrible drug has to be one of the smartest things I have ever done. Good luck to everyone.
Thanks for checking in! I will post it on Facebook for you! Goodluck
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline MidnightDipper

• Quit Date: 2015-09-23
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2016, 06:39:00 PM »

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2015, 01:16:00 AM »
"but its a choice to post roll, and one should not be ostracized for not doing so."

Or ..... Im not concerned about helping others ...Im just focused on myself.

KTC = Sister/Brotherhood

Midnightdipper = solo butterfly.

Good luck.
Rawls 355
I believe.....

Offline FWLPLAY

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-09-28
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2015, 09:12:00 PM »
Glad to hear you are doing well.....although the board is a reminder of chew, I think it is necessary for my addict brain to be reminded daily. Putting it in the back of your mind is dangerous. It has a chance to blindside you once you forget all the important reasons for quit.

I am by no means an expert but rooting for ya MID 'archer'
'archer' NAFAR 'usflag'

Offline pete333

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-08-07
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2015, 10:10:00 PM »
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: Syndrome
Quote from: Gunner72
I wanted to post an update for all of the new quitters here. I'm currently on day 41, and wanted to let you know that it does get much better. For me, the first three weeks were complete hell with anxiety, lack of sleep and even some depression. I've mainly kept to reading posts on here from others who have successfully stayed nicotine free, and upped my workout intensity/frequency. The "fog" seemed to lift somewhere around day 30, and the anxiety has subsided, a lot. There are good days, and bad days, but that is life, I guess. Stay strong, and know why you are doing this. I'm quit with you all today.
how come you don't post roll ?
doncha no this is the face book. or hes a :scowick:
Hmm! Goodluck on flying solo. How many times have you tried this alone?
This is my first go at it. I try to forget about it - posting to this site everyday would just be a constant reminder. I want to put this behind me, and move forward with my life. I understand that posting role every single day creates a sense of accountability for some, but I rely on people in my everyday life that hold me accountable for this - not to mention myself. So far, the most valuable thing for me has been to go back through others experiences on this board, and find strength through their successes. My 89 year old grandmother has been "quit" from cigarettes for over 40 years after smoking heavily for about 25...long before the advent of the internet. This is a great place for those looking to relieve themselves from the grip of this terrible drug, but its a choice to post roll, and one should not be ostracized for not doing so.
Good luck
Way to go bro, you are far tougher than i. I am glad you still find great motivation here. Stay quit, we are here should you need support.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2015, 09:20:00 PM »
I wanted to post an update for all of the new quitters here. I'm currently on day 41, and wanted to let you know that it does get much better. For me, the first three weeks were complete hell with anxiety, lack of sleep and even some depression. I've mainly kept to reading posts on here from others who have successfully stayed nicotine free, and upped my workout intensity/frequency. The "fog" seemed to lift somewhere around day 30, and the anxiety has subsided, a lot. There are good days, and bad days, but that is life, I guess. Stay strong, and know why you are doing this. I'm quit with you all today.
This is my first go at it. I try to forget about it - posting to this site everyday would just be a constant reminder. I want to put this behind me, and move forward with my life. I understand that posting role every single day creates a sense of accountability for some, but I rely on people in my everyday life that hold me accountable for this - not to mention myself. So far, the most valuable thing for me has been to go back through others experiences on this board, and find strength through their successes. My 89 year old grandmother has been "quit" from cigarettes for over 40 years after smoking heavily for about 25...long before the advent of the internet. This is a great place for those looking to relieve themselves from the grip of this terrible drug, but its a choice to post roll, and one should not be ostracized for not doing so.
Good luck

Offline MidnightDipper

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2015, 06:06:00 PM »

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2015, 11:58:00 AM »
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline syndrome

• geezer squad
  • Master of Quit
  • you kids get off my yard
  • Quit Date: 11/13/08
  • Likes Given: 718
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2015, 10:48:00 AM »

Offline Gunner72

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-09-22
  • Interests: anything outdoors
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2015, 08:14:00 AM »
Gunner72

Offline MidnightDipper

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2015, 05:52:00 PM »

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2015, 09:14:00 PM »
It's plan and simple, Grab your sac, man up and get this shit done! It sucks till it don't! Have you ever had anything worth having you didn't have to work for? And believe you me it will be one of the best thing ever happened to you! Quit on! 3 years is better than 38!

Offline FWLPLAY

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-09-28
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2015, 08:56:00 PM »
Welcome MID
'archer' NAFAR 'usflag'

Offline copingwithoutcopen

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2015, 07:09:00 PM »
Quote from: lwildma2
Midnight

Congrats on your decision to quit. I feel your pain and have struggled through it. I quit 2 weeks before you and I can tell you it gets better, but you have to give it time and it will take time.

The thing getting me through are breathing exercises. 10 deep breaths counting in and out. At night I listen to a self hypnosis track on youtube. There are many different ones. I pick one for depression/anxiety. Helps focus my mind and lets me drift off.

You might also try fake chew. I have used Jake's and Smokey Mountain(found at walmart). Helps with the oral fixation.

PM me if you need to vent or talk.

I am damn proud to quit with you today.
Welcome Midnight! Great start on your own! 12 days ago you made one heck of a decision. It isn't easy, we get it. If you quit on 9/23 your group is December '15. click here
Post roll every day and you won't have to go it alone. Let's get this done.