Author Topic: Introduction - New Member  (Read 1402 times)

Offline gentgeen

• Yinzer-in-Chief
  • Quit Pro
  • The PHALANX (July 2016)
  • Quit Date: Apr 1, 2016
  • Interests: Steelers, Pens, Pirates; Sci-Fi stuff; Scouting; Native Crafts;
  • Likes Given: 9
Re: Introduction - New Member
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2017, 08:23:00 AM »
Way to Go on that HOF!!!

'Cheers' 'Sing and Drink' 'Cheers'

I have greatly appreciated your sense of humor in that little Madhouse!!

Quit Strong Brother, Glad to have you part of KTC
"Some think that happiness comes from getting, others know it comes from giving." --Lord Baden Powell

Offline wildirish317

• Free
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Past the cravings Past the drama Still an addict
  • Quit Date: 2/25/2016
  • Interests: I am the most boring person you will ever meet.
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2017, 06:34:00 AM »
Congrats on HOF!!!

'party2' 'party2' 'party2' 'party2' 'party2'
“Everything good that has happened to me has happened as a direct result of helping someone else, everything". - Danny Trejo

Offline SoccerJack

• Quitter
  • Not a HOF Conductor
  • Quit Date: 12/22/16 at 5pm
  • Interests: Stuff and things.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2017, 09:56:00 PM »
'Popcorn'

Offline wildirish317

• Free
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Past the cravings Past the drama Still an addict
  • Quit Date: 2/25/2016
  • Interests: I am the most boring person you will ever meet.
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2017, 03:52:00 PM »
'boob'

I'll be back in a couple of days to congratulate you on HOF!
“Everything good that has happened to me has happened as a direct result of helping someone else, everything". - Danny Trejo

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2016, 04:08:00 PM »
Lose the "perhaps" attitude. That only make it easy to cave. I caved 30-40 times in stoppages over 18 years of use. I have only quit once. It's when I listened to the quitters on this board and got my head removed from my ass.

Brother, if I can quit, anyone can. I quit with you today.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline ReWire

• Master of Quit
  • Redeemed
  • Likes Given: 176
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2016, 02:29:00 AM »
I have quit nicotine several times before, and I have never felt the fog like I do this time. I can tell it's going to be harder. Perhaps this will be my last quit.
Welcome Jack! Great decision, and glad you found us!

Let's get something cleared up here. You didn't quit nicotine several times. You might have stopped for a while; maybe had a pause or two, but you didn't quit.
I'm not sure how much I'll be on here
I went through the same thought process early on. But the longer I stuck around, the more I realized that the folks who are successful in their quit, are the ones who check in every day. That's right, every day. First thing in the morning. Roll your ass out of bed, take a piss, then make your promise not to use nicotine for today. It might sound too simple (especially for a lawyer who might overthink things occasionally :) but it effing works.

It's working for me; It's working for thousands of other quitters here on the KTC, and it can work for you.
Old things have passed away, behold, all things have become new

Offline Bert75

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2016, 10:26:00 PM »
Quote from: dieselchick87
Welcome to KTC Congrats on Quitting

What makes KTC work is posting roll You are in the Group that will reach their 100 day mark in March

Here is a link that will show you How to Post Roll

Around here we Post Roll every damn day as soon as we wake up by posting roll we are promising our Brothers and Sisters in Quit that for that day we will not use nicotine in anyway shape or form

Get involved in your group and create a network of people to fall back on when the going gets tough..... cause it will.

Here are some words of wisdom and links that may help you along the way!!!
Again Congratulations on the best decision of your life!!!

topic/1008859/3/#new
topic/11499190/1/
topic/1004876/1/
topic/10394517/1/#new
Hey Soccerjack. Welcome to KTC. I sure have a similar story to yours and so does a ton of others here. This will only work if you post roll and get involved.

I too was a smoker and damn I sure loved it. Quit smokin' with dip and I sure loved that too. I finally said enough is enough after over 20 years of that crap and I quit. You can do this too.

I too got caught by my wife a few times and man did that make me feel pretty damn bad. I told her after about 4 weeks of being quit and that made me feel really good to get that off my chest. I had lied for so many years and it felt good to finally Came clean. It took me a little while longer to tell her about KTC, but once I did she thought it was totally awesome.

I'm telling you this cause all of us are here for a reason. We are nicotine addicts.

Now it's time to do your part and get this done for YOU! Everyone else in your life will benefit but you need to do this for you first.

Offline Dieselchick87

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mud Drag Racing (2017 first year behind the wheel)My pups (German shepherd & Chihuahua)
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2016, 04:52:00 PM »
Welcome to KTC Congrats on Quitting

What makes KTC work is posting roll You are in the Group that will reach their 100 day mark in March

Here is a link that will show you How to Post Roll

Around here we Post Roll every damn day as soon as we wake up by posting roll we are promising our Brothers and Sisters in Quit that for that day we will not use nicotine in anyway shape or form

Get involved in your group and create a network of people to fall back on when the going gets tough..... cause it will.

Here are some words of wisdom and links that may help you along the way!!!
Again Congratulations on the best decision of your life!!!

topic/1008859/3/#new
topic/11499190/1/
topic/1004876/1/
topic/10394517/1/#new

Offline Tonifer

• Quit Pro
  • Go Dawgs!
  • Quit Date: September 25, 2016
  • Interests: Woodworking, Nascar, College Football
  • Likes Given: 75
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2016, 04:42:00 PM »
Quote from: SoccerJack
I do not know what to say. I came to nicotine later in life (23 yo) and started with cigarettes. I quit cigarettes over ten years ago by using dip, and thought I was pretty fucking smart at the time. Little did I know that dip would nag and haunt me far worse than cigarettes.

I can't remember when I quit dip the last time, but I had been quit for at least a year before December 7, 2012. On that day, my son was born, and my wife was taken to surgery for complications after delivery. She ended up fine, but it was scary as hell. I went and got some dip at a gas station across the street while I waited for her to get out. I've been on it ever since to this last quit date.

For a long time, I loved dip. It gave me all the nicotine satisfaction I needed with virtually no health problems. But, in the last two years, I have acquired:

1. Difficulty breathing (nighttime heartburn);
2. Anxiety/panic attacks; and
3. Gas/stomach issues (probably also heartburn).

This quit I am on now began when I had a bout of stomach pain that really was uncomfortable, i.e., cramps, gas, loss of appetite, etc. I figured I was looking at a long weekend with family anyway (making dipping hard to hide), so I decided to quit. Within 24 hours of quitting everything in my stomach area felt better, and it's been giving me motivation to continue. This fucking fog is really killing me though. I'm a lawyer and concentration is sort of important for pretty much every damn thing I do.

I have been caught by my wife dipping a few times, but I am sure she has no idea what the extent of my problem is. I am working up the courage to tell her. It is going to be hard. In the meantime, I am going to enjoy breathing better. My anxiety also feels better, which is weird since anxiety (low grade) is usually what drives me to nicotine.

I'm not sure how much I'll be on here, but I wanted to post since I found the information on the site so helpful. I have quit nicotine several times before, and I have never felt the fog like I do this time. I can tell it's going to be harder. Perhaps this will be my last quit. I'm getting too old for this nonsense.
Hey Jack, you have made the right decision to quit cold turkey. The fog you are experiencing is temporary and will fade away giving you clearer, nic-free thoughts. You may experience other symptoms, but they too will pass. You are in what is referred to as the "suck," the time the nicotine is leaving your system, usually about three days.

This site works, but only if you follow the system; post roll every day promising not to use nicotine, keep that promise, and build a network of support and accountability with other members here. If you quit December 22 and have not had any nicotine since then, (no patches, no gum) you would be in the March 2017 quit group, because it is based on the month you would hit 100 days, called the Hall of Fame, the first major milestone. That is where you go to post your promise every day not to use any form of nicotine for that day. Quitting forever is hard, almost impossible, but anybody can quit for one day, so we quit one day at a time.

This part may seem strange, it did to me at first, but you need to exchange phone numbers with other members. I know what you are thinking, "give my number to a total stranger, I can't do that." No one is going to do anything with your number but offer support and accountability. If you forget to post roll one day you will get a text to remind you. It works.

Stay strong and stay quit
Quit date: September 25, 2016
HOF date: January 2, 2017
Comma date: June 21, 2019

Become as addicted to your quit as you were to nic.

Offline SoccerJack

• Quitter
  • Not a HOF Conductor
  • Quit Date: 12/22/16 at 5pm
  • Interests: Stuff and things.
Introduction - New Member
« on: December 26, 2016, 03:43:00 PM »
I do not know what to say. I came to nicotine later in life (23 yo) and started with cigarettes. I quit cigarettes over ten years ago by using dip, and thought I was pretty fucking smart at the time. Little did I know that dip would nag and haunt me far worse than cigarettes.

I can't remember when I quit dip the last time, but I had been quit for at least a year before December 7, 2012. On that day, my son was born, and my wife was taken to surgery for complications after delivery. She ended up fine, but it was scary as hell. I went and got some dip at a gas station across the street while I waited for her to get out. I've been on it ever since to this last quit date.

For a long time, I loved dip. It gave me all the nicotine satisfaction I needed with virtually no health problems. But, in the last two years, I have acquired:

1. Difficulty breathing (nighttime heartburn);
2. Anxiety/panic attacks; and
3. Gas/stomach issues (probably also heartburn).

This quit I am on now began when I had a bout of stomach pain that really was uncomfortable, i.e., cramps, gas, loss of appetite, etc. I figured I was looking at a long weekend with family anyway (making dipping hard to hide), so I decided to quit. Within 24 hours of quitting everything in my stomach area felt better, and it's been giving me motivation to continue. This fucking fog is really killing me though. I'm a lawyer and concentration is sort of important for pretty much every damn thing I do.

I have been caught by my wife dipping a few times, but I am sure she has no idea what the extent of my problem is. I am working up the courage to tell her. It is going to be hard. In the meantime, I am going to enjoy breathing better. My anxiety also feels better, which is weird since anxiety (low grade) is usually what drives me to nicotine.

I'm not sure how much I'll be on here, but I wanted to post since I found the information on the site so helpful. I have quit nicotine several times before, and I have never felt the fog like I do this time. I can tell it's going to be harder. Perhaps this will be my last quit. I'm getting too old for this nonsense.