Author Topic: Looking for a better tomorrow  (Read 1168 times)

Offline 05wrxing

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Deer hunting, motorcycles, football, basketball and most of all my quit and my loving family.
  • Likes Given: 14
Re: Looking for a better tomorrow
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2013, 02:43:00 AM »
Quote from: Praksim0121
At least I'll know you care lol. By the way, since I was told my intro needed some work, I have been using smokeless tobacco for about 5 years now. I know that isn't that long to most, but it's long enough for me.

I just graduated from college and am looking for a job in marketing. I'm living in Virginia. As a hobby I play video games, read, and tinker around on the computer. I like to help dad fix up cars and build stuff when I'm home in West Virginia.
I will quit with you anyday Prak. My degree is in marketing as well. I graduated from the University of Tennessee back in 08 and it was worth every min. I to play video games, COD Black ops 2 is my poison at the moment. You do any online gaming just hit me up. Proud as hell to be quit with you.
Experience is the name we give to our mistakes." Oscar Wilde

Roll call is not a daily attendance sheet, it is a daily pledge" - Boelker62

QUIT 9-13-21

Offline Praksim0121

• Likes Given: 0
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2013, 02:25:00 AM »
At least I'll know you care lol. By the way, since I was told my intro needed some work, I have been using smokeless tobacco for about 5 years now. I know that isn't that long to most, but it's long enough for me.

I just graduated from college and am looking for a job in marketing. I'm living in Virginia. As a hobby I play video games, read, and tinker around on the computer. I like to help dad fix up cars and build stuff when I'm home in West Virginia.

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2013, 02:21:00 AM »
I merged the new intro into his original one.
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline adam1974

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2013, 02:02:00 AM »
Hi everyone. My name is Casey. I joined the site a while ago. I tried to quit before. Failed. Badly. So here I am again, ready to quit for real.
Post roll, and I'll stay on your ass. You can do this. The secret: be accountable to your group.
My Hall of Fame Speech:

http://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?showtopic=8374

11th Floor: February 15th, 2016
First Comma: November 7, 2015
9th Floor: July 30, 2015
8th Floor: April 21, 2015
7th Floor: January 11, 2015
6th Floor: October 3, 2014
5th Floor: June 25, 2014
4th Floor: Mar 17, 2014
3rd Floor: Dec 7, 2013
2nd Floor: Aug 29, 2013
HOF: May 21, 2013
Quit: Feb 11, 2013

Offline Praksim0121

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2013, 01:49:00 AM »
Hi everyone. My name is Casey. I joined the site a while ago. I tried to quit before. Failed. Badly. So here I am again, ready to quit for real.

Offline eblock62

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2012, 11:18:00 AM »
Casey, I'm a third year law student and I'm 15 days quit. Obviously 15 days isn't the same as some of these bad ass quitters, but shit 15 days is a start to get where I want to be. I've dipped for upwards of ten years and I thought it helped me concentrate, study, etc. All of that was bullshit. The first few days of quit are hard and concentration isn't great cuz you're in the fog, but you get out of it, and my concentration is as strong as it ever was while dipping. For me, I grab a bag of sunflower seeds and some water while I'm studying for hours on end, and if the urge gets bad, I've got some fake shit just in case. Was using the fake stuff a good bit through days 4-10, but after awhile there's no need for it. Stay strong and if you need someone to talk to, PM me.

Offline copingwithoutcopen

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 10:03:00 AM »
Quote from: Gordy
I am asking thos who are in college how they deal with the stress of tests when you have lost the ability to fully concentrate? Any input will be much obliged.
Being prepared eliminates stress
Casey, Gordy's right brotha. Square away your obligations in a timely manner and stress will be a non factor. This stuff isn't a crutch and it doesn't help you be more creative, inspired, even keeled or --------insert BS here. I started in college because the jug heads and jocks I lived with did it. Then It was to help study, then it was to be more alert or to fight boredom then it was because my... whatever. I wish I had the nuts then to have not let it in but it's great knowing today I'm in control of my quit.
Here's a thought, get a massage or a bj maybe even both and leave the poison in the can. If those two options don't work try copious amounts of water, sunflower seeds and hard candy. Exercise will help too. Now, enjoy the rest of your life of freedom. Damn...college...

Offline eric71

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Weight Training, Powerlifting, Kettlebells, coaching, fantasy sports
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 06:33:00 AM »
Quote from: Wt57
I am asking thos who are in college how they deal with the stress of tests when you have lost the ability to fully concentrate? Any input will be much obliged.
Out of college 35 yrs. but if you think dip helps you concentrate you're not going to make it! Your planning a cave and don't even know it. Start collecting some contacts and have the numbers close. Drink plenty of water and get some excersise to clear your mind. Find things to occupy your mind distracting you from thoughts of dip!
If you are serious, you'll heed the sage advice on here and quit looking for an early out. No two people deal with stress exactly the same way. Time to walk the road of quit. Take your 3 days of hell and PM me if you are serious about quitting. This subconscious babble about asking how to deal with shit when you can't focus? Really? Try fucking doing it when you have a career and family, not when you get to play part time grown up at college. Grow a fucking set or cut the cord on the pair you have and get your quit on. Let's see what you got...

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 12:03:00 AM »
Out of college 35 yrs. but if you think dip helps you concentrate you're not going to make it! Your planning a cave and don't even know it. Start collecting some contacts and have the numbers close. Drink plenty of water and get some excersise to clear your mind. Find things to occupy your mind distracting you from thoughts of dip!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Gordy

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 12:01:00 AM »
Being prepared eliminates stress

Offline Praksim0121

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 11:20:00 PM »

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 05:43:00 PM »
Hello. My name is Casey and I am 22. I have been doing a lot of thinkin lately and thought it would be best to give up dip. I found this site just in time. I have found many helpful things already. I just wanted to introduce myself. Thank you.
Casey your right this is the best time to give up dip, lot better than waiting almost 40 yrs. some advice from a old bastard: 1. Admit you are an addict. (you are). 2. Admit you need help ( help is here). 3. Post Roll, it is your promise to stay nicotine free for the day, (it is your integrity on the line). 4. Drink deep of the quit koolaid and embrace the suck of quitting! (it does suck but each victory no matter how small increases your strength).

Now you need to go toDecember 2012 Pre HOF read how to post roll and let the games begin!
Pm me if I can be of any help!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Praksim0121

Looking for a better tomorrow
« on: September 04, 2012, 04:55:00 PM »
Hello. My name is Casey and I am 22. I have been doing a lot of thinkin lately and thought it would be best to give up dip. I found this site just in time. I have found many helpful things already. I just wanted to introduce myself. Thank you.