Author Topic: Support needed to QUIT!  (Read 1737 times)

Offline scottdot

• Likes Given: 0
Re: Support needed to QUIT!
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2012, 10:50:00 AM »
Going on 17 hours dip free. I have passed these quit tobacco time table marks:

8 hours - Remaining nicotine in your bloodstream will have fallen to 6.25% of normal peak daily levels, a 93.25% reduction.

12 hours - Your blood oxygen level will have increased to normal and carbon monoxide levels will have dropped to normal.

Booyahhh!

I have posted roll for today with my quit group. For today, no nicotine will enter my body. That is within my reach and I will conquer it!

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2012, 06:26:00 AM »
Quote from: scottdot
Thanks.. wishing you success too!

Well, I made my goal!! 12 AM! 6 hours nicotine free! And best of all it was 6 hours spent awake consciously NOT taking a dip. I am feeling very empowered and ready to take on tomorrow.

6 hours doesn't seem like much.. but I've spent countless 6 hour spans sucking on multiple wads of dip.

New goal is noon. I can do this!! I'm going to book mark my group and post roll when I wake up.
Just remember Scott, when you post that word, do ANYTHING it takes. If the urges get too much, get into the site here and chat/let it out. Get the sugarfree lifesavers for your mouth....But keep and honor that word you gave.

Quit with you today as I have given my word too

Offline scottdot

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2012, 12:02:00 AM »
Thanks.. wishing you success too!

Well, I made my goal!! 12 AM! 6 hours nicotine free! And best of all it was 6 hours spent awake consciously NOT taking a dip. I am feeling very empowered and ready to take on tomorrow.

6 hours doesn't seem like much.. but I've spent countless 6 hour spans sucking on multiple wads of dip.

New goal is noon. I can do this!! I'm going to book mark my group and post roll when I wake up.

Offline Waffle

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2012, 11:54:00 PM »
Hey Scott, like others have said, we've all been there. I quit 3 days ago, about to be 4 and I can tell you that the cravings are absolutely horrible. It's not easy and it seems like every little thing stresses you out and you're like "Man, I really just want a dip and it'll be ok" but it won't. Stay quit, stay strong, and do it for YOU.

No luck needed - just determination.

E: Welcome to the Jackwagins
Quit October 12th, 2012
Step up or step aside
Can't stop drinkin
Can't stop smokin
I should be the can't stop spokesman

Offline scottdot

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2012, 07:46:00 PM »
Thank you all so much! This is so promising to have people supporting me. I'm learning the board, how to navigate, how to roll call, and all of that good stuff.

Offline mich 34

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Interests: reading, hunting, fishing, above all - spending time with the wife and kids (when they are being good!!)
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2012, 07:46:00 PM »
I see you posted roll, nice job! Come back in the morning and make your promise again at day two. See you there
my intro
QD 07-19-2012
Group - Roctober Madmen Post with some Madmen (and women)
HOF 10-27-12 HOF Speech
2nd Floor 2-4-13, 3rd Floor 5-15-13
1 year of freedom - 7-19-2013. Thank you KTC
4th Floor 8-23-13, 5th Floor 12-1-13, 6th Floor 3-11-14, 7th Floor 6-19-14, 8th Floor 9-27-14, 9th Floor 1-5-15

Offline Seth

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2012, 07:11:00 PM »
You want support? Head on over Here and put your name on that list. That's step one.

Until I see your name on that list, I don't think you're serious. But once you put your name on that list, you'll get more support than you know what to do with.
The product is worth the process.

Offline mich 34

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Interests: reading, hunting, fishing, above all - spending time with the wife and kids (when they are being good!!)
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2012, 07:01:00 PM »
Scott,

No one here will tell you that this will be easy, we will all tell you we are here if you want our help. To get that support you have to do one thing, post roll each day with your quit group. You should also reach out to some of your brothers in the January 2013 group and trade numbers, talk and text! reach out to some vets too. Again, the best advice you will get here is post roll today (that's your promise not to use nicotine in any form today to your group and to yourself)
my intro
QD 07-19-2012
Group - Roctober Madmen Post with some Madmen (and women)
HOF 10-27-12 HOF Speech
2nd Floor 2-4-13, 3rd Floor 5-15-13
1 year of freedom - 7-19-2013. Thank you KTC
4th Floor 8-23-13, 5th Floor 12-1-13, 6th Floor 3-11-14, 7th Floor 6-19-14, 8th Floor 9-27-14, 9th Floor 1-5-15

Offline sethj13

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: Outdoors, fresh air, birds, shotguns, fish, fishing rods, friends. Mountaineer Football.
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2012, 06:31:00 PM »
It will never get any easier for you to quit than it is right now. Stick with it and be proud of your decision.

Offline scottdot

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2012, 06:24:00 PM »
I am 20 minutes in. I have already gained these benefits:

Your blood pressure, pulse rate, and the temperature of your hands and feet will all return to normal.

Offline scottdot

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2012, 06:15:00 PM »
Thank you.

They will not abide by that. They won't want me having an intense craving and will just bring me more cans of dip!

If it comes to it, where I need them for support, I will show them that page and tell them very sternly that I am serious and I will be PO'd at them if they interfere with my plan.

My biggest problem is after about 18 hours.. fighting that feeling of intense euphoria I know I will get if I have "just one more dip".

I made it 40 hours ONE TIME and I felt like I was going to die (not literally, of course). I wish I was 40 hours in right now so I could tell that craving to take a hike.

Not giving in this time, nor ever again.

Thank you for your post!

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 05:55:00 PM »
Quote from: scottdot
Hello all.

My name is Scott. I'm 27. Nicotine has controlled me since my sister bought me a pack of cigars when I was 18. I started off smoking those and then cigarettes and then about 7 years ago I switched to snuff to quit smoking. Since then, I've barely gone a day without.

I've tried to quit several times recently. I've barely made it to the 18 hour mark when twice I've ran out in the middle of the night to the 24 hour circle k to buy me a can.

I'm having my LAST dip, right now. I don't have any more. I will never buy another can.

I'm posting on this forum because while I realize I am quitting for me, I cannot quit without support (my family is no support, they think "weaning off" is the better way to quit and buy me cans of snuff just so I will have some around when I'm having a really bad craving.. so they will not know I am quitting this time).

I hope to find support here. This endeavor is going to take my blood, guts, sweat, and tears. This endeavor not only will save, but is, my life.

One step at a time. After I spit this out.. my goal is 12AM. My goal after that will be 12PM. Then 12 AM again. One day at a time.

Desperately in need of support,
-Scott
Hi Scott -

we were all in your position. I see good and bad in what you are saying.

Good - One day at a time - that is what we do here and is one of the keys. We wake each morning and post roll. Posting roll is our word to our brothers on the site here that we will not use any nicotene for the day. Then we go to sleep and repeat the next day....

Good - your realization of needing support, and yes we all quit for ourselves so that if anything happens we do not have any excuse to go back. The support you will receive here is all based on you and what you open yourself to by asking and by telling it straight....

Bad - 'not telling your family that you are quitting' This is truely bad as they will not see you acting differently in the upcommig weeks,as we all have. You should tell them, they should watch you dump the last of what you have in the toilet. Have your wife read this: http://www.killthecan.org/community/spouse.asp, and read through the rest of the site.

It will test your mettle as it is a wild ride, but in this case the grass is greener on the other side.

Quit now and pm me if you have any further questions,.

Offline scottdot

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 05:49:00 PM »
I just wanted to add that I have bookmarked this topic and I hope it can become my lifeline as I become weak. I need to be reminded that I am weak to the addiction to nicotine but I am stronger.

When I am weak, I will come here. There will be no faking it and sneaking in a dip and not reporting it. THIS IS FOR REAL OR FOR NOTHING!

Offline scottdot

Support needed to QUIT!
« on: October 15, 2012, 05:46:00 PM »
Hello all.

My name is Scott. I'm 27. Nicotine has controlled me since my sister bought me a pack of cigars when I was 18. I started off smoking those and then cigarettes and then about 7 years ago I switched to snuff to quit smoking. Since then, I've barely gone a day without.

I've tried to quit several times recently. I've barely made it to the 18 hour mark when twice I've ran out in the middle of the night to the 24 hour circle k to buy me a can.

I'm having my LAST dip, right now. I don't have any more. I will never buy another can.

I'm posting on this forum because while I realize I am quitting for me, I cannot quit without support (my family is no support, they think "weaning off" is the better way to quit and buy me cans of snuff just so I will have some around when I'm having a really bad craving.. so they will not know I am quitting this time).

I hope to find support here. This endeavor is going to take my blood, guts, sweat, and tears. This endeavor not only will save, but is, my life.

One step at a time. After I spit this out.. my goal is 12AM. My goal after that will be 12PM. Then 12 AM again. One day at a time.

Desperately in need of support,
-Scott