Author Topic: Introduction - Chad  (Read 1340 times)

Offline Steve Mc.

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-12-21
  • Interests: Golf, fishing, and spending time with my wife and daughter.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Introduction - Chad
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2013, 06:21:00 PM »
I see you posted roll. You got this, remember it is just for today. Then when you win the battle today, wake up and post roll again tomorrow and do it again. Break it down to staying quit for the next hour if you have to, just don't give in. You have thousands of us in your corner now. Reach out and ask for help. Best decision you will have ever made, welcome brother.
Quit Date: 12/21/2012, HOF: 3/31/2013, FIVE Years 12/21/17
Sobriety Date: 10/10/2000

This sure beats the other alternatives, ODAAT.

Offline wmcatty

• Quit Pro
    • heartoftexasweather.org
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2013, 11:42:00 AM »
"I want to give it a try" and quitting are two different things. When you decide that you WANT to quit for good, we will be here. No half ass "trying" is allowed. The boys on this site are serious quitters and take their quit pretty damned serious. They dont "try"...they quit and are still quit of tobacco. Want to join us or think about trying it some more? The ball is in your court. If you decide to take back your life and be in control over what goes into your body, speak up, post roll and lets get started. Otherwise, put more shit in your mouth, go back into the wood shop and start designing a a wooden urn for your ashes...your wife will appreciate the money saved when you die from the cancer that will surely be the cause of your premature demise. Your call amigo.

Bass, when "trying" is out of the picture and quitting is what you decide to do, look up at the top right hand side of this screen and you will see Inbox(1). Open it up and you will find a message from me. It is my telephone number. Call me with any questions, concerns or any other thing on your mind. We are here to help you quit and stay quit. We are not here to give you a sugar tit while you decide to test the waters and see if it is your cup of tea. Hard core? You bet! But consider that KTC is the most successful site on the planet for helping folks quit and staying tobacco free. Looks like something works here, wouldn't you agree? Wayne
"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: August 20, 2013
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2013, 11:20:00 AM »
Quote from: bassassad
I am 32 years old and have been dipping snuff for 17 years. Red Seal and Copenhagen have been my fishing and work buddies for a long time. There's not much interesting about me. I live in Texas and am a data analyst by trade. Grew up in a Christian family in a small town south of Houston. I like fishing and spend my free time doing woodwork in the garage. I've tried using patches, gum, and chantix in the past to quit, but never really gave it an honest effort. My wife is pretty good about not pestering me to quit, but I know she wants me to. Now that we have our first baby on the way I want to give it a real try.
Welcome bass. If you're ready to do this for you, you can do it, without any of the NRT's which seems it would just make it harder ( aren't supported on this site). So go for it,  get all the numbers help  support you can by PM'ing guys on the site. I haven't run into one yet that won't share their phone # for a text.  use them when times get rough for sure.

Offline Wade

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2013, 10:27:00 AM »
"Do, not try." -Yoda (or something close to that qoute). Here's the thing, when you say, "try", that means you are leaving that door open juuuust a crack. Just enough that when youraddicted brain finds a good enough reason ("stressful" day at work, dog dies, ex wife is hbitching, etc) it will convince you that you need your Red Seal or Cope. Shut the fucking door, turn around, and walk away. Commit to quit.

Offline ranger520

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2013, 10:13:00 AM »
I found out last weekend that I can fish a tournament and not have to dip.I had guys asking me what my secret was to stop dipping.I had a bad tournament but on the way home I figured I helped a few guys on there quit and could of been a hell of a salesman for ktc........haha
I would rather be fishing....

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 09:42:00 AM »
Quote from: copingwithoutcopen
You had me until try. Know what I mean?
I got to agree with cope here. What exactly does really try mean? Is it not as good as really, really try, or really really really try. Here's an idea for you.

Join us. Trash your stash. Throw hope, try, and maybe in the same commode as you dump your can. Post roll and quit for the day. Close all doors and leave any doubt out. I'll be glad to really, really, really quit with you.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline copingwithoutcopen

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2013, 09:12:00 AM »
You had me until try. Know what I mean?

Offline Steve Mc.

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-12-21
  • Interests: Golf, fishing, and spending time with my wife and daughter.
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 03:25:00 AM »
I am 32 years old and have been dipping snuff for 17 years.  Red Seal and Copenhagen have been my fishing and work buddies for a long time.  There's not much interesting about me.  I live in Texas and am a data analyst by trade. Grew up in a Christian family in a small town south of Houston.  I like fishing and spend my free time doing woodwork in the garage.  I've tried using patches, gum, and chantix in the past to quit, but never really gave it an honest effort.  My wife is pretty good about not pestering me to quit, but I know she wants me to.  Now that we have our first baby on the way I want to give it a real try.
Just saying "tryers" don't have quite the success rate that "quitters" do on this site. Have you quit yet? Check your inbox, top right corner.
Quit Date: 12/21/2012, HOF: 3/31/2013, FIVE Years 12/21/17
Sobriety Date: 10/10/2000

This sure beats the other alternatives, ODAAT.

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 03:20:00 AM »
I am 32 years old and have been dipping snuff for 17 years. Red Seal and Copenhagen have been my fishing and work buddies for a long time. There's not much interesting about me. I live in Texas and am a data analyst by trade. Grew up in a Christian family in a small town south of Houston. I like fishing and spend my free time doing woodwork in the garage. I've tried using patches, gum, and chantix in the past to quit, but never really gave it an honest effort. My wife is pretty good about not pestering me to quit, but I know she wants me to. Now that we have our first baby on the way I want to give it a real try.
Do you want to try or do you want to QUIT? You can do what you put your mind to. This site and the brotherhood are great tools but you have got to use them or they are of little use.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline bassassad

• Interests: Woodworking, Fishing, Boating, Family
Introduction - Chad
« on: September 29, 2013, 02:50:00 AM »