Author Topic: Today's the day  (Read 1348 times)

Offline Grady

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-23
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Today's the day
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2014, 08:02:00 AM »
Yo turnkey. Are you going to just run your mouth like a convict or are you going to post fuckin roll? Get some fuckin time in b4 you just start running your suck!

Offline SailorChase

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-05-12
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing, football (specifically my Texans), anything else outdoors really. Love spending time with my 3 kids and my wife! Ready to finally move back to my home state after 7 years away!
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2014, 01:03:00 AM »
Hey grunt you got a bubble head here who is quitting on the same day as you so if you need anything let me know and feel free to pm me and I'll give you my number so you can call me if you end up in the post exchange and are thinking about doing something stupid!

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2014, 11:04:00 PM »
Quote from: CO873
How do I post roll?

Friday night was tuff. Got off work (corrections officer, 3-11pm) and met up with the old lady at a bar; not uncommon after my Fri and sat shifts. First beer since quitting. I was gittery, on edge, not happy. She knew what I was trying to do and helped me get thru it. I always used snus when I drank...its like shit'n and wiping.

All in all been dip free since Thursday and I feel more clear headed.
topic/10225414/11/?x=90#new

Go to the last page and the last post. Hit quote. Cut and past from the bottom into the top. Type your name day number and promise into the new quitter section. Hit post.

Welcome aboard brother!!
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline CO873

• Quit Date: 2014-05-08
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2014, 10:52:00 PM »
How do I post roll?

Friday night was tuff. Got off work (corrections officer, 3-11pm) and met up with the old lady at a bar; not uncommon after my Fri and sat shifts. First beer since quitting. I was gittery, on edge, not happy. She knew what I was trying to do and helped me get thru it. I always used snus when I drank...its like shit'n and wiping.

All in all been dip free since Thursday and I feel more clear headed.

Offline Wannemacher

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 04/28/2014
  • Interests: Fishin, runnin, kayakin, hikin, farmin.
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2014, 01:42:00 PM »
Welcome to August! The first week is going to be rough but your in the right spot. I am on day 12 and these guys have been there every step of the way. It sounds right your on the right track, I wake up and post Roll as soon I as can. I need that promise to all my brothers and to my self to stay nicotine free for 1 more day. Send me a PM if you need anything.

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2014, 01:32:00 PM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
Unless I am blind, I didn't see you on roll. Post it up, promise us you won't use, and I'll be quit with you today.
^^^Get your roll posted PRONTO!! You need to get locked into your quit. Don't lolligag around in left field. Get your ass up to the plate and start knocking this nic bitch out of the park.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2014, 11:40:00 AM »
Unless I am blind, I didn't see you on roll. Post it up, promise us you won't use, and I'll be quit with you today.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2014, 09:09:00 AM »
Quote from: derk40
Quote from: Bombero
Thanks guys! I decided to quit because of the possibility of future health issues and the cost. I'm tossing out my nicorette gum and pounding water. Going for a long run in the sun, try to sweat it out. Thanks again!
Join us over at August and lets put that talk through the fire - You stay with us and you will have every tool you need to beat this witch.

Shoot me a PM, I want to help you quit.
Nice job tossing the Nicorette. That stuff is garbage and will only keep you a slave to nicotine. Cold Turkey is the only way to quit brother.

Get into the Welcome Center and read how/why we post roll. That is a requirement here. It is your committment yourself and to us that you are quit today.

Water, exercise, and whatever the hell it takes are the keys to staying quit today. Do what you have to do... just NO nicotine.

Let's see a roll post today from you and then we can get started.
Welcome!
You are in the right place to save your face.
All these masters of quit will help you every day that ends with a "y".

You can do this ODAAT...It gets much better..I promise YOU!
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2014, 08:03:00 AM »
Quote from: Bombero
Thanks guys! I decided to quit because of the possibility of future health issues and the cost. I'm tossing out my nicorette gum and pounding water. Going for a long run in the sun, try to sweat it out. Thanks again!
Join us over at August and lets put that talk through the fire - You stay with us and you will have every tool you need to beat this witch.

Nice job tossing the Nicorette. That stuff is garbage and will only keep you a slave to nicotine. Cold Turkey is the only way to quit brother.

Get into the Welcome Center and read how/why we post roll. That is a requirement here. It is your committment yourself and to us that you are quit today.

Water, exercise, and whatever the hell it takes are the keys to staying quit today. Do what you have to do... just NO nicotine.

Let's see a roll post today from you and then we can get started.
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline Bombero

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-25
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2014, 12:49:00 AM »

I was a ninja dipper, but I will have a berserker quit - Here's some encouragement

NEVER Ring the Bell! Watch this. It will change your life.

When a crave hits watch this.

"Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be Kind Always."

?Gentlemen, we are going to relentlessly chase perfection, knowing full well we will not catch it, because nothing is perfect. But we are going to relentlessly chase it, because in the process we will catch excellence. I am not remotely interested in just being good. ? ~ Vince Lombardi

"We all have our own demons that we face on a day to day basis. Some we can talk to others about. Some that we have to work through on our own. ...the nic bitch continues to knock on the doors my friends. Stay strong, stay vigilant." - Fireheeler; 6/11/14 in AUG14

Never cured, but quitting like this

What cost is too high?

Addict Life

Offline CO873

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2014, 08:35:00 PM »

Offline Raider

• Quit Pro
  • Imma Quitter
  • Quit Date: Feb 28, 2014
  • Interests: Fishing, Camping, Kayaking, but mainly spending time with the family and friends.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 04:43:00 PM »
My addiction to smokeless tobacco: Augest 26, 2006-May 8, 2014.

Still remember that first pack of redman as a fresh 17 year old grunt. Everyone in my first unit did it so I had to fit in. Well redman led to skool and skool led to snus.

I have decided to quit because I have spent 200-300 a month on dip for almost 8 years.

Anyway glad to be here! Hoping to make this happen.

PS: what do people think about using nicorette?
Nicorette is just another delivery method for nicotine. As Bomb said, we are 100%nicotine free. If we can do it, so can you. There is no hoping, trying, or luck involved. We quit and we do it daily. No long term goals here either. Here is the path

Post roll in the morning (you will be in August 2014)
Refrain for using any form of nicotine for the day (be a man of your word)
Repeat daily

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 04:38:00 PM »
Screw nicorets and hoping that it happens. Just quit!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Bombero

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-25
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 04:31:00 PM »

Still remember that first pack of redman as a fresh 17 year old grunt. Everyone in my first unit did it so I had to fit in. Well redman led to skool and skool led to snus.

I have decided to quit because I have spent 200-300 a month on dip for almost 8 years.

CO873,

Glad to hear it! We are a nicotine free site. I have been free for 14 days, and it's great. First 3-5 days sucked major a, but it's better.

What made you decide to quit?
I was a ninja dipper, but I will have a berserker quit - Here's some encouragement

NEVER Ring the Bell! Watch this. It will change your life.

When a crave hits watch this.

"Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be Kind Always."

?Gentlemen, we are going to relentlessly chase perfection, knowing full well we will not catch it, because nothing is perfect. But we are going to relentlessly chase it, because in the process we will catch excellence. I am not remotely interested in just being good. ? ~ Vince Lombardi

"We all have our own demons that we face on a day to day basis. Some we can talk to others about. Some that we have to work through on our own. ...the nic bitch continues to knock on the doors my friends. Stay strong, stay vigilant." - Fireheeler; 6/11/14 in AUG14

Never cured, but quitting like this

What cost is too high?

Addict Life

Offline CO873

Today's the day
« on: May 08, 2014, 04:21:00 PM »