Author Topic: My Introduction  (Read 2455 times)

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: My Introduction
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2014, 02:59:00 AM »
this intro has taught me a huge lesson. a big "Thank You" to all of you. I understand and I will be here.

Never again, whatever it takes. NAWIT.

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2014, 08:14:00 PM »
Quote from: rdad
Quote from: AppleJack
Quote from: cpoz421
As most of you in my group know, about a week ago I felt a need to try and go without KTC.  I still feel one day I will be able to stay quit without posting everyday.  Today that is not the case.  I want to apologize to you guys for not really taking your advice.  I can feel my quit getting weaker not posting and talking to you guys.  The good news is I am still quit.  I do not remember who said "Do what got you here." but right not that is hitting hard.  I need to go back go to chewing on seeds, educating myself, and staying ghey with FFFOQ FEB 2014! That starts with posting roll, even if I need to shoot a text to someone else.
I'm not really sure I understand why you feel the need to distance yourself from KTC at some point. Do you think it's a crutch? Do you think your quit isn't as "manly" because you're not doing it on your own? Do you think that after "x" amount of time you'll be cured of your addiction? "Thank you KTC! I'm all better now"?

This post says to me, very clearly, if you leave this place of accountability and brotherhood... You'll be one of those cats posting up another day 1 after a time.

There are vets who have been here for years.
For. A. Reason.

Pay attention. Stick around. Stay quit.
If KTC is a Crutch and Not Manly, Then I am a broken legged pansy cuz I am never leaving here no matter how good I start feeling. If you start feeling so good that you don't think you need to post roll, you probably feel that good BECAUSE you've been posting roll. Why screw up a proven thing. It only takes a minute. I wasted hours everyday dipping. Small, Small price to pay for freedom.
CPOZ -

if I may, check the top of your page, in the header it does say online community. But I want to ask , keep aside the word online, and try to define what community means to you. Is it looking out for your neighbor? Is it making a friend or two (or more)? Is it asking out for help when you need it?

It is not weak to do these things above, in fact it is more than smart.

So if I may say, don't turn your back on any of your friends here. Stick around, incorporate the quitting, this site and these friends into your life and family. You will find much more strength, joy and happiness when you do.

remember:

Accountability + Brotherhood = Success

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2014, 08:01:00 PM »
Quote from: AppleJack
As most of you in my group know, about a week ago I felt a need to try and go without KTC.  I still feel one day I will be able to stay quit without posting everyday.  Today that is not the case.  I want to apologize to you guys for not really taking your advice.  I can feel my quit getting weaker not posting and talking to you guys.  The good news is I am still quit.  I do not remember who said "Do what got you here." but right not that is hitting hard.  I need to go back go to chewing on seeds, educating myself, and staying ghey with FFFOQ FEB 2014! That starts with posting roll, even if I need to shoot a text to someone else.
I'm not really sure I understand why you feel the need to distance yourself from KTC at some point. Do you think it's a crutch? Do you think your quit isn't as "manly" because you're not doing it on your own? Do you think that after "x" amount of time you'll be cured of your addiction? "Thank you KTC! I'm all better now"?

This post says to me, very clearly, if you leave this place of accountability and brotherhood... You'll be one of those cats posting up another day 1 after a time.

For. A. Reason.

If KTC is a Crutch and Not Manly, Then I am a broken legged pansy cuz I am never leaving here no matter how good I start feeling. If you start feeling so good that you don't think you need to post roll, you probably feel that good BECAUSE you've been posting roll. Why screw up a proven thing. It only takes a minute. I wasted hours everyday dipping. Small, Small price to pay for freedom.

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2014, 07:38:00 PM »

For. A. Reason.

Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Nomore1011

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-10-11
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2014, 07:08:00 PM »
As most of you in my group know, about a week ago I felt a need to try and go without KTC. I still feel one day I will be able to stay quit without posting everyday. Today that is not the case. I want to apologize to you guys for not really taking your advice. I can feel my quit getting weaker not posting and talking to you guys. The good news is I am still quit. I do not remember who said "Do what got you here." but right not that is hitting hard. I need to go back go to chewing on seeds, educating myself, and staying ghey with FFFOQ FEB 2014! That starts with posting roll, even if I need to shoot a text to someone else.

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2014, 10:12:00 PM »
100 days is just a license to learn Cpoz. It's one day at a time from here on out. I do think I see what you mean though. It is much easier for me now to stave off the bitch. It should be for you too. Are there any external things affecting you? Stress, etc. also, I have noticed the Nic Bitch is much better when I'm down on myself or I believe that I have failed at something else, or I'm not sure of myself. Depression and low self esteem can also play a part.

I'm not diagnosing you with any of that, I'm just asking if there are any outside contributors to you having such strong craves.

Then again, you been at this just as long as I have. Maybe we need an elder quitter to come here and give some lessons.

I quit with ya cpoz and don't wish a craving upon you.

Chris

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2014, 09:23:00 PM »
Quote from: Raider
I know this sounds really fucking stupid, but since my HOF date I feel like I am back at square one.  All I can think about is getting some dip.  I know inside I don't wanna cave, these craves are fucked up. Part of me feels like I could just dip a tin and quit again.  Obviously I do not believe this, the fucking bitch is talking and trying to get me back in her grasp. Has anyone else experience this?
The voice will never go away, that's why Posting Roll is vital. I had quit for 3 years before. I got pissed off at someone and the nic bitch knew I was weak. She fu$ing won then but will not win now. It's not worth it. You dip now, you are screwed. It's harder to quit the 2nd, 3rd, 4th time. Quit now for today. Stay dip free. Refuse to use
This is why you post roll every day. 100 days is not a magic cure.

Keep it at bay, one day at a time.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Raider

• Quit Pro
  • Imma Quitter
  • Quit Date: Feb 28, 2014
  • Interests: Fishing, Camping, Kayaking, but mainly spending time with the family and friends.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 08:49:00 PM »
I know this sounds really fucking stupid, but since my HOF date I feel like I am back at square one. All I can think about is getting some dip. I know inside I don't wanna cave, these craves are fucked up. Part of me feels like I could just dip a tin and quit again. Obviously I do not believe this, the fucking bitch is talking and trying to get me back in her grasp. Has anyone else experience this?
The voice will never go away, that's why Posting Roll is vital. I had quit for 3 years before. I got pissed off at someone and the nic bitch knew I was weak. She fu$ing won then but will not win now. It's not worth it. You dip now, you are screwed. It's harder to quit the 2nd, 3rd, 4th time. Quit now for today. Stay dip free. Refuse to use

Offline Nomore1011

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 08:45:00 PM »
I know this sounds really fucking stupid, but since my HOF date I feel like I am back at square one. All I can think about is getting some dip. I know inside I don't wanna cave, these craves are fucked up. Part of me feels like I could just dip a tin and quit again. Obviously I do not believe this, the fucking bitch is talking and trying to get me back in her grasp. Has anyone else experience this?

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, 01:10:00 PM »
Srans,  All the app really does is keep track of how long it has been and after a couple hours it says at this point so and so is recovering and things like that.  I have been completely nicotine and tobacco free for 15 days not.  I am not continuing to use, I have quit cold turkey and am now just getting on the site.
Apolgies my friend. I actually checked the app out after my quote, pretty cool.

Again welcome. Great job posting roll and 15 days quit is a great start. I recommend you began filling your head with quit knowledge. There is a lot of information on this site. Learn your enemy, it knows you.

If you need anything give me a shout. Glad to be quit with you.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Nomore1011

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 12:40:00 PM »
Srans, All the app really does is keep track of how long it has been and after a couple hours it says at this point so and so is recovering and things like that. I have been completely nicotine and tobacco free for 15 days not. I am not continuing to use, I have quit cold turkey and am now just getting on the site.

Offline wmcatty

• Quit Pro
    • heartoftexasweather.org
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 11:37:00 AM »
Nice job of posting roll in Feb. 2014 quit group Chris...and welcome to KTC. Pm me if you need anything. Congrats on taking back control of your life.
"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 08:25:00 AM »
Hey my name is Chris. I quit dippin Griz Wintergreen 14 days and 6 hours ago. Yes, every hour feels like a milestone. Today was a really hard day but this site is already helping. I am using an app on my phone called quit smoking I just put the chew stats in to adjust the numbers. I quit with a buddy so we are helping each other out. Currently seeds and gum are my best friends, but things are starting to get easier. I look forward to meeting some of you!
First of all, welcome. Can you explain the quit smoking app. It sounded to me like you are still using, but in increments or something. I could be wrong, if you could explain a little more.

This site is for people that are quitting cold turkey. We don't use nicotine replacement therapy or nicotine in any form period. We actually QUIT once and for all. We post roll and keep our word each and every day. 1000's have used this site to quit and you can to.

Go to the top left and read in the welcome center. Read how and why we post roll. Pay particular attention to why. This is how quitting is really done friend. We use determination, drive and accountability. You can keep your word for a day right?
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Nomore1011

• Quitter
My Introduction
« on: December 02, 2013, 01:46:00 AM »
Hey my name is Chris. I quit dippin Griz Wintergreen 14 days and 6 hours ago. Yes, every hour feels like a milestone. Today was a really hard day but this site is already helping. I am using an app on my phone called quit smoking I just put the chew stats in to adjust the numbers. I quit with a buddy so we are helping each other out. Currently seeds and gum are my best friends, but things are starting to get easier. I look forward to meeting some of you!