Author Topic: On Day 5  (Read 2889 times)

Offline 05wrxing

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Deer hunting, motorcycles, football, basketball and most of all my quit and my loving family.
  • Likes Given: 14
Re: On Day 5
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2013, 08:38:00 PM »
Quote from: srans
Quote from: nicknick
First off welcome nicnic.  I'm glad to see you've stopped by for a visit.  I say visit because I don't think you will be with us long.  I've seen to many your age in the short time I've been here go back to the're true love. 

I also seen your roll post that stated you bought a can yesterday, but didn't cave.  You stated in your intro that your still in love with the poison.  MAYBE at your young age you'll see the truth before it's to late, but I think the number is 5 percent that successfully quit at  your age.  I wish I would have wised up at your age.  I waited over 25 years and spent over 20,000 dollars.  

I'm 154 days quit and don't know how much longer it will be before I'm back to whatever is left of ME!! 

I'm fearful that a lot of ME will not return.  I've been with the poison for to long not to pay a price.  Will I ever have a day where I feel like a normal person again?  I have been told that this may return with time.  MAYBE!!!

The poison has also damaged me mentally in many ways.  I wonder sometimes if my forgetful nature is because I'm getting older or if the poison has destroyed that very part of me.  MAYBE!!!  I've read that nicotine directly affects memory.  So far
I'm not able to dispute that.  I also am not able to comprehend a lot of things.  MAYBE that will return to normal.

I have a lot of questions that will not be answered without more time being quit.       

I don't know what else I've lost to the poison.  MAYBE I've escaped the cancer that it causes.  I won't know that for 14 or so more years.

I have not mentioned the people the cancer has taken from me.  If your interested in that find my intro.  I've had three people in my life affected by cancer.  All three are and were users.  One is still alive and fighting for his life.  Throat cancer.  

I to loved the poison at one time.   Are you able to tell me why??  I can't tell you.  Not one time did it love me back!!!!!  Quit with you.
Sorry your life sucks, bro.
I'll explain what I mean by I love dipping later when I'm not on my iPhone. In the meantime, if you guys are gonna be assholes, please fuck off kindly. This is my topic about my quit, not your opportunity to show some young buck how big of a dumb douchebag he is. I don't come in your house and shit on your kitchen table. Kicking the habit is hard enough as it is without the negativity. Some encouragement might actually help.

I was under the impression that this forum would help, but I may have it backwards.

Thanks California Slim, I agree. I am anxious for the day when I realize I don't love the stuff and it was just a trick played by addiction.
That's the anger i was looking for. Now your sounding like a quitter. Turn that hate towards the poison and your quit will grow stronger.

You stated you loved something i despise. My life doesn't suck. I'm giving you facts. You may not realize it but your quit just got stronger. Prove to me your not in the 95 percent. I will dance around a tree for a week.

I want nothing more than to see you succeed. Part of you succeeding is getting your mind right. You buying that can and stating your love for the poison was to close. Don't like me, hate me all you want. Stay quit,,,, that's my goal. I'm not hear for your friendship. If i gain another friend that would be great. I would like for it to be a quit friend. I'm quit with you bro whether you know it or not.
Srans has it right my friend. We are here to help you quit this horrible addiction and get a hold back on your life. I despise the dip as well, dip is the reason that im an addict and can never have just one more. None of us can!!! We may be a little rough with our messages from time to time but we all want to see you quit. Welcome to the suck and the crazy ass fog. Use all the anger you want on here. Its better used here than on your loved ones. I will quit with you any day any time and any where.
Experience is the name we give to our mistakes." Oscar Wilde

Roll call is not a daily attendance sheet, it is a daily pledge" - Boelker62

QUIT 9-13-21

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2013, 08:17:00 PM »
First off welcome nicnic.  I'm glad to see you've stopped by for a visit.  I say visit because I don't think you will be with us long.  I've seen to many your age in the short time I've been here go back to the're true love. 

I also seen your roll post that stated you bought a can yesterday, but didn't cave.  You stated in your intro that your still in love with the poison.  MAYBE at your young age you'll see the truth before it's to late, but I think the number is 5 percent that successfully quit at  your age.  I wish I would have wised up at your age.  I waited over 25 years and spent over 20,000 dollars.  

I'm 154 days quit and don't know how much longer it will be before I'm back to whatever is left of ME!! 

I'm fearful that a lot of ME will not return.  I've been with the poison for to long not to pay a price.  Will I ever have a day where I feel like a normal person again?  I have been told that this may return with time.  MAYBE!!!

The poison has also damaged me mentally in many ways.  I wonder sometimes if my forgetful nature is because I'm getting older or if the poison has destroyed that very part of me.  MAYBE!!!  I've read that nicotine directly affects memory.  So far
I'm not able to dispute that.  I also am not able to comprehend a lot of things.  MAYBE that will return to normal.

I have a lot of questions that will not be answered without more time being quit.       

I don't know what else I've lost to the poison.  MAYBE I've escaped the cancer that it causes.  I won't know that for 14 or so more years.

I have not mentioned the people the cancer has taken from me.  If your interested in that find my intro.  I've had three people in my life affected by cancer.  All three are and were users.  One is still alive and fighting for his life.  Throat cancer.  

I to loved the poison at one time.   Are you able to tell me why??  I can't tell you.  Not one time did it love me back!!!!!  Quit with you.
I'll explain what I mean by I love dipping later when I'm not on my iPhone. In the meantime, if you guys are gonna be assholes, please fuck off kindly. This is my topic about my quit, not your opportunity to show some young buck how big of a dumb douchebag he is. I don't come in your house and shit on your kitchen table. Kicking the habit is hard enough as it is without the negativity. Some encouragement might actually help.

I was under the impression that this forum would help, but I may have it backwards.

Thanks California Slim, I agree. I am anxious for the day when I realize I don't love the stuff and it was just a trick played by addiction.
That's the anger i was looking for. Now your sounding like a quitter. Turn that hate towards the poison and your quit will grow stronger.

You stated you loved something i despise. My life doesn't suck. I'm giving you facts. You may not realize it but your quit just got stronger. Prove to me your not in the 95 percent. I will dance around a tree for a week.

I want nothing more than to see you succeed. Part of you succeeding is getting your mind right. You buying that can and stating your love for the poison was to close. Don't like me, hate me all you want. Stay quit,,,, that's my goal. I'm not hear for your friendship. If i gain another friend that would be great. I would like for it to be a quit friend. I'm quit with you bro whether you know it or not.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline nicknick

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2013, 06:58:00 PM »
First off welcome nicnic. I'm glad to see you've stopped by for a visit. I say visit because I don't think you will be with us long. I've seen to many your age in the short time I've been here go back to the're true love.

I also seen your roll post that stated you bought a can yesterday, but didn't cave. You stated in your intro that your still in love with the poison. MAYBE at your young age you'll see the truth before it's to late, but I think the number is 5 percent that successfully quit at your age. I wish I would have wised up at your age. I waited over 25 years and spent over 20,000 dollars.

I'm fearful that a lot of ME will not return. I've been with the poison for to long not to pay a price. Will I ever have a day where I feel like a normal person again? I have been told that this may return with time. MAYBE!!!

The poison has also damaged me mentally in many ways. I wonder sometimes if my forgetful nature is because I'm getting older or if the poison has destroyed that very part of me. MAYBE!!! I've read that nicotine directly affects memory. So far
I'm not able to dispute that. I also am not able to comprehend a lot of things. MAYBE that will return to normal.

I don't know what else I've lost to the poison. MAYBE I've escaped the cancer that it causes. I won't know that for 14 or so more years.

I have not mentioned the people the cancer has taken from me. If your interested in that find my intro. I've had three people in my life affected by cancer. All three are and were users. One is still alive and fighting for his life. Throat cancer.

I to loved the poison at one time. Are you able to tell me why?? I can't tell you. Not one time did it love me back!!!!! Quit with you.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2013, 04:36:00 PM »
First off welcome nicnic. I'm glad to see you've stopped by for a visit. I say visit because I don't think you will be with us long. I've seen to many your age in the short time I've been here go back to the're true love.

I also seen your roll post that stated you bought a can yesterday, but didn't cave. You stated in your intro that your still in love with the poison. MAYBE at your young age you'll see the truth before it's to late, but I think the number is 5 percent that successfully quit at your age. I wish I would have wised up at your age. I waited over 25 years and spent over 20,000 dollars.

I'm fearful that a lot of ME will not return. I've been with the poison for to long not to pay a price. Will I ever have a day where I feel like a normal person again? I have been told that this may return with time. MAYBE!!!

The poison has also damaged me mentally in many ways. I wonder sometimes if my forgetful nature is because I'm getting older or if the poison has destroyed that very part of me. MAYBE!!! I've read that nicotine directly affects memory. So far
I'm not able to dispute that. I also am not able to comprehend a lot of things. MAYBE that will return to normal.

I don't know what else I've lost to the poison. MAYBE I've escaped the cancer that it causes. I won't know that for 14 or so more years.

I have not mentioned the people the cancer has taken from me. If your interested in that find my intro. I've had three people in my life affected by cancer. All three are and were users. One is still alive and fighting for his life. Throat cancer.

I to loved the poison at one time. Are you able to tell me why?? I can't tell you. Not one time did it love me back!!!!! Quit with you.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline CaliforniaSlim

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 02:21:00 PM »
Quote from: 05wrxing
Hey guys,

I'm on day 5 of my quit. I'm proud of myself, but I've done it before. I am 23 and I started dipping with my buddies from time to time in 5th grade, then became an everyday dipper in 7th grade. I used Copenhagen Long Cut most often, and Grizzly Wintergreen for a few years. I just graduated college and will be attending law school this fall. I certainly wanted to get through the heavy lifting of my quit before feeling the stress of law school.

Last summer, I didn't dip for about 6 weeks. This quit is different though. In the past I thought it was okay to get a dip here and there, like one every three weeks or so. Also, the partying that comes along with undergrad dragged me back. Now I won't have the frat lifestyle to bring back my old habits.

The reason for my quit is simple: my teeth are getting pretty messed up. Last year, I had a root canal. So obviously, I had to switch sides I dip on. Now, my teeth are getting pretty bad on the other side. I always had a great smile in high school, even though I dipped. It has gotten yellowed quite a bit, and my dentist cringes when he looks in my mouth.

Now, I'm to the age where I am interested in dating and settling down long term. I don't want a disgusting habit to deter a total babe. I fucking love dipping. But, it's not worth risking long term happiness and/or health over.

Nick
What in the world could you possibly love about dipping???? The yellowing teeth??? The cancer that it will eventually cause??? The shit breath??? or is it all of the above??? You need to change that attitude really fast if you want this quit to work because with the word love and dip in your intro it spells failure to me... I hope I am way wrong, I wanna see you succeed and kick the nic bitch to the curb for good... To do that though, you need to fn hate dip, not love it... I will help you in anyway that I can, feel free to pm me anytime.
Hey, Congratulations on day 5. That is great. I know that you seem like you loved to dip,but it turns out that was all a lie dip has been telling you. I felt similarly, that I had to say good-bye to an old friend, but as you get into this, the truth will reveal itself. The nicbitch just convinced you that you liked it, otherwise you wouldn't have put up with being led around town and through life by a little can and its whims. As you free yourself each day, you will start to see through the addiction.
Stay strong, I am quit with you.

Offline jrod

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 02:21:00 PM »
Quote from: 05wrxing
Hey guys,

I'm on day 5 of my quit. I'm proud of myself, but I've done it before. I am 23 and I started dipping with my buddies from time to time in 5th grade, then became an everyday dipper in 7th grade. I used Copenhagen Long Cut most often, and Grizzly Wintergreen for a few years. I just graduated college and will be attending law school this fall. I certainly wanted to get through the heavy lifting of my quit before feeling the stress of law school.

Last summer, I didn't dip for about 6 weeks. This quit is different though. In the past I thought it was okay to get a dip here and there, like one every three weeks or so. Also, the partying that comes along with undergrad dragged me back. Now I won't have the frat lifestyle to bring back my old habits.

The reason for my quit is simple: my teeth are getting pretty messed up. Last year, I had a root canal. So obviously, I had to switch sides I dip on. Now, my teeth are getting pretty bad on the other side. I always had a great smile in high school, even though I dipped. It has gotten yellowed quite a bit, and my dentist cringes when he looks in my mouth.

Now, I'm to the age where I am interested in dating and settling down long term. I don't want a disgusting habit to deter a total babe. I fucking love dipping. But, it's not worth risking long term happiness and/or health over.

Nick
What in the world could you possibly love about dipping???? The yellowing teeth??? The cancer that it will eventually cause??? The shit breath??? or is it all of the above??? You need to change that attitude really fast if you want this quit to work because with the word love and dip in your intro it spells failure to me... I hope I am way wrong, I wanna see you succeed and kick the nic bitch to the curb for good... To do that though, you need to fn hate dip, not love it... I will help you in anyway that I can, feel free to pm me anytime.
I'm with 05wrxing. What exactly do you love most about dipping?
A. Hugely increases your chance of getting oral cancer, at which point you have a life expectancy of less than 5 years. Best case scenario they cut out all the cancer when removing your face.
B. Spitting on your dick when you're on the toilet.
C. Panicking when you leave your can at home - slavery to the can.
D. The lie that it relieves stress.
E. Stained teeth, as you pointed out. Fear of dentist visits.
F. The "buzz" that you haven't actually gotten in years.

The list goes on.

Get your head straight. You hate dipping. Dip is poison, literally. Go look up the ingredients if you haven't.

PM me if you need help. PM anyone on this site. We are all here because we hate dip, but that sneaky bitch is tough to kick. Step 1 is to hate the poison and really WANT to quit. If you want this quit, REALLY want it, you can't fail.

Offline 05wrxing

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Deer hunting, motorcycles, football, basketball and most of all my quit and my loving family.
  • Likes Given: 14
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 01:51:00 PM »
Hey guys,

Nick
Experience is the name we give to our mistakes." Oscar Wilde

Roll call is not a daily attendance sheet, it is a daily pledge" - Boelker62

QUIT 9-13-21

Offline nicknick

On Day 5
« on: July 18, 2013, 01:42:00 PM »
Hey guys,

Nick