Author Topic: This is a lot tougher than I thought.  (Read 1679 times)

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
Re: This is a lot tougher than I thought.
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2013, 05:58:00 PM »
Where is this dude? Anyone get any contact info? Sent him a pm... Nada in return.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline ParadigmDawg

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain BikingRoad BikingHome Audio
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2013, 10:39:00 AM »
Quote from: Pinched
Ryan,
You have been given some good sound advice thus far. You seem to want to quit which is a huge first step. Thank you for serving our country, I like you know what that really means.

Come in here learn the site, read up, invest time into your quit, help others and you will find that it helps you too. Accountability is everything here, be a man of your word and do what you say and promise to do.

None of us can be your momma nor the girlfriend you lost, plus trust me with the mug on me you don't want me to take that place either. However, I can be a shoulder for you to lean on, an ear to bend and a boot to kick you in the ass when you need a nudge.

My advice is get phone numbers share yours and use this group to help you QUIT, don't try to quit, just QUIT. I say this while my quit itself is still very fresh, I went through the suck and can vouche that it sucked. I have the cravings, still do.

Life did not slow down to let me quit yet I continue to do it each day. Never ever ever think about tomorrow, focus solely on today, quit like a fucking beast and come back for more fight club tomorrow when today has come to an end. Anger will consume, fear will confuse you, your mind will tell you that you aren't ready...hmmm, kind of like that same shit you mentally went through during that first deployment. Questioning if you were really ready, what happens when...You can do this.

I offer you my number at anytime, send me a PM on here and I will be happy to be a bookstop for your quit. Now, pour yourself a glass of the KTC Kool-Aid, drink up and Quit today.

Pinched
Don't listen to Pinched on the "being your girlfriend" part, he will do that too but it's not very pretty.

The rest of what he says is spot on.

Post roll today!
Oh little worm-dirt...you are so scary...F' OFF...!!!

Offline KC_Guy

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2013, 10:40:00 PM »
If quittin was easy everybody would do it. Let's sack up and quit.
Quit Date 05/20/2013

HOF 08/27/13
2nd Floor 12/5/13
3rd Floor 3/15/14
4th Floor 6/23/14
5th Floor 10/1/14

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2013, 10:27:00 PM »
Quote from: Mike
Welcome Ryan, I can't add more than the great advice already given but PM me if you want another number.
Same here^^^.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: August 20, 2013
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2013, 08:44:00 PM »
Welcome Ryan, I can't add more than the great advice already given but PM me if you want another number.

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2013, 06:38:00 PM »
Your post is riddled with misconceptions. Your mindset needs to change.

nicotine does not reduce stress

nicotine did not take the edge of losing your gal

nicotine does not help you relax.

nicotine does not reduce anxiety

all that shit is a lie you have been tricked into. Start reading, you need to understand your enemy before you win this fight
"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline CaliforniaSlim

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2013, 05:36:00 PM »
Congratulations on making a great decision, and finding this place. We quit hard here. If you are ready to do this, and it sounds like you are, jump in.
First order of business is DUMP THE CRAP YOU JUST BOUGHT! Dump it in the toilet and flush it down (we are addicts, we have all grabbed a tin from the trash at one time or another)
THis isn't a habit we are breaking, it is an addiction. It takes balls and perseverance to handle.

Click the Welcome Center button (its the pink one at the top left) learn how to, and why we post roll. After you toss the can, go post your name and day 1 in the January 14 quit group.

You can do this, we all are on the same journey and we will all be here to support you on yours and nobody will be shy about telling you if you are going off the rails.

Get quit and post roll brother.
PM me for another number.

Offline OneImpressiveBall

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2013, 05:35:00 PM »
Ryan - There's a lot to address here, and I hope others will chime in.

1. You don't have a habit. You're addicted to nicotine. That's much more than a semantic distinction. Nicotine changes your brain so that the same processes that make you crave food or water are altered to make you crave nicotine. Does that sound more like a habit or an addiction? You acknowledge this at the end of your post, but just get rid of the word habit in reference to your cravings for nicotine.

2. Flush all the nicotine products you have right now, and go post roll ASAP in the January '14 quit group. Here's a link. Posting roll is your promise to yourself and the world that you will not use nicotine for one day. Just a single day. You can handle that, right?

3. Check out the Welcome Center if you haven't already. (The underlined part is a direct link to it). That's like Quitter 1. When you get cravings and need a distraction, come by and read all over the site. That's where you'll find upper-division quit.

4. Nicotine doesn't take the edge off of anything other than your brain's confused craving for nicotine. See point 1. It absolutely does not relax you in anyway. If you need scientific evidence for that claim, just ask. Nicotine removes the stress of being addicted to nicotine by giving you what you're addicted to. In the process, it strengthens those confused pathways and make you more addicted.

Take control over your life today, for today. Flush those pouches. What the fuck are they doing for you? See points 1 and 4; see also point 2. To quote Evil_Won, what if one of those pouches has the dose that's about to give you cancer. You want to play Russian Roulette? We don't do that here and I'll never support it. Flush your death weed today, post roll today, and today will be your day 1.

Time to reclaim your life, man.
Proud January 2013 Jackwagin: [color=330066]kicking nicotine's ass since October 3, 2012.[/color]
My 265-Day Late HOF Speech
KEEP
CALM
AND
QUIT
ON

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, 05:28:00 PM »
Right now, today, I'll quit right alongside you bro. I'm sending you my number in a pm (inbox, upper right). I expect a number in return. Let's do this! Rock on...
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 05:27:00 PM »
Ryan,
You have been given some good sound advice thus far. You seem to want to quit which is a huge first step. Thank you for serving our country, I like you know what that really means.

Come in here learn the site, read up, invest time into your quit, help others and you will find that it helps you too. Accountability is everything here, be a man of your word and do what you say and promise to do.

None of us can be your momma nor the girlfriend you lost, plus trust me with the mug on me you don't want me to take that place either. However, I can be a shoulder for you to lean on, an ear to bend and a boot to kick you in the ass when you need a nudge.

My advice is get phone numbers share yours and use this group to help you QUIT, don't try to quit, just QUIT. I say this while my quit itself is still very fresh, I went through the suck and can vouche that it sucked. I have the cravings, still do.

Life did not slow down to let me quit yet I continue to do it each day. Never ever ever think about tomorrow, focus solely on today, quit like a fucking beast and come back for more fight club tomorrow when today has come to an end. Anger will consume, fear will confuse you, your mind will tell you that you aren't ready...hmmm, kind of like that same shit you mentally went through during that first deployment. Questioning if you were really ready, what happens when...You can do this.

I offer you my number at anytime, send me a PM on here and I will be happy to be a bookstop for your quit. Now, pour yourself a glass of the KTC Kool-Aid, drink up and Quit today.

Pinched
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline dunlapsig

• Quitter
  • Interests: Being a newlywed, drinking beer, being on the lake, cars and football.
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 05:02:00 PM »
Ryan before anything else I want to say thank you for your service. Thank you for protecting our home.

If you came here to quit then go in the bathroom and flush the pouches. You can not come here to try. You come here in the morning, sign roll and quit for 1 day. I just quit myself, My intro is right around yours. This site is addicting though. Taking it one step at a time instead of a whole makes all the difference in the world.

You said you felt like shit when your girl left so you started to dip because it made you feel like shit. you had one problem, you created 2 problems by adding nicotine. problem + nicotine = 2 problems.

We will be going through the same pains together at the same time. Hit me up at anytime and we will do this together.

Offline jzzyzag01

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 04:58:00 PM »
Quote from: scroggdog38
Hey everyone. Call me Ryan. I'm caught fighting a habit I thought I'd never have to face. That's everyone's story, I'm happy to see that.

A bit about myself. Just got out of the army about a month ago. My first dip was on deployment 3 years ago, my buddy gave it to me and it made me feel like the worst shit in the world. It was actually pretty funny to him, I can only imagine the sickened look on my face and it makes me chuckle just picturing it. The feeling dip gave me pretty much deterred me from making a habit at the time.
We'll skip forward in time to diagnose the cause of my habit. Around 2 years ago, my ex had left me to die. I felt worse than when I actually dipped for the first time on deployment. Once she said goodbye to me, I said hello to dipping. My logic was she was the perfect girl, and I had to be the perfect guy. With her out of the picture, I started fucking my life up even more than it already was with being in the army. Told myself I could quit on demand. But it gave me such a great buzz doing it.

Well, it wound up taking the edge of losing her away. Then it wound up reducing my stress while at work. Eventually, it lost that power, and just became something I did to ease a tiny amount of the stress, anxiety and tension I felt at work. After a long moment of training, I'd stick a dip in. Playing a video game, doing college work, whatever, I had a dip in. Now its become associated as a daily stress-reducer and it doesn't do shit for me anymore. I'm out of the army and I told myself it was just an army thing. I'm still doing it. Unfortunately today isn't my day to start. Yesterday was, but I fucked up and bought a can of pouches today.

So now I come looking for help and support. I looked for help 2 years ago when I came home from deployment and got it, I was in the hospital for a week, and placed on medication. Now I need help once more and I'm not ashamed of it. I need you guys, and I'm here to help you if I can. I'm here to make more of what I desperately need: friends. I'll even go out of my way to meet someone in person to hang out if it means both of us are fighting our demons together. I don't care. This looks like a tight knit group, so I'll go the extra mile for anyone here since I know you'll do the same thing for me.

That's all I got. Nice to meet all of you. Now let's kick this addiction's ass.
First of all, let me be the first to say thanks for your service to this country. While most of us will never know what it was like over there, your sacrifice and those of your enlisted brothers did not go unnoticed.

Secondly, each person on here has the same story that you just told. Nobody I know started dipping a can and a half from the first day. It was a gradual thing that you swore you had control over until one day you found yourself throwing one in while your wife jumped in the shower just to take the edge off while still hiding it.

We've all been there and we've all made the conscious ever to not go back. Let KTC help you never go back. You're a big boy, YOU need to do this for you, but when you need a kick in the ass, come here before you head out to grab another can and we'll straighten you out.
"I am a nicotine addict and there is nothing I can do about it; I am also a quitter, and that, I can do plenty about." - Grizzly25

Today I choose to quit because today is the only day I have control over today. Tomorrow is a new day and when tomorrow is today, I'll control it too, but not until then. I will win this fight with today...

Offline scroggdog38

This is a lot tougher than I thought.
« on: September 25, 2013, 04:49:00 PM »
Hey everyone. Call me Ryan. I'm caught fighting a habit I thought I'd never have to face. That's everyone's story, I'm happy to see that.

A bit about myself. Just got out of the army about a month ago. My first dip was on deployment 3 years ago, my buddy gave it to me and it made me feel like the worst shit in the world. It was actually pretty funny to him, I can only imagine the sickened look on my face and it makes me chuckle just picturing it. The feeling dip gave me pretty much deterred me from making a habit at the time.
We'll skip forward in time to diagnose the cause of my habit. Around 2 years ago, my ex had left me to die. I felt worse than when I actually dipped for the first time on deployment. Once she said goodbye to me, I said hello to dipping. My logic was she was the perfect girl, and I had to be the perfect guy. With her out of the picture, I started fucking my life up even more than it already was with being in the army. Told myself I could quit on demand. But it gave me such a great buzz doing it.

Well, it wound up taking the edge of losing her away. Then it wound up reducing my stress while at work. Eventually, it lost that power, and just became something I did to ease a tiny amount of the stress, anxiety and tension I felt at work. After a long moment of training, I'd stick a dip in. Playing a video game, doing college work, whatever, I had a dip in. Now its become associated as a daily stress-reducer and it doesn't do shit for me anymore. I'm out of the army and I told myself it was just an army thing. I'm still doing it. Unfortunately today isn't my day to start. Yesterday was, but I fucked up and bought a can of pouches today.

So now I come looking for help and support. I looked for help 2 years ago when I came home from deployment and got it, I was in the hospital for a week, and placed on medication. Now I need help once more and I'm not ashamed of it. I need you guys, and I'm here to help you if I can. I'm here to make more of what I desperately need: friends. I'll even go out of my way to meet someone in person to hang out if it means both of us are fighting our demons together. I don't care. This looks like a tight knit group, so I'll go the extra mile for anyone here since I know you'll do the same thing for me.

That's all I got. Nice to meet all of you. Now let's kick this addiction's ass.