Author Topic: Very newly quit and would appreciate advice on how to STAY quit and cravings  (Read 1496 times)

Offline Donewithdip

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-01-18
  • Likes Given: 0
Quote from: Stranger999
Quote from: Donewithdip
Great thank you! I love those mints in general (just love winter green flavor) so I can use them as a tool too quit, I'm kind of worried about getting up tomorrow because I like to dip first thing in the morning before I brush my teeth, but I'm not going to do it.
It's great that you have made the decision to quit! B)B

When you wake up tomorrow get online and post your promise in the April group. If you are a woman of your word that post will take that morning dip right off the table for the day! Get back in here and read the Words of Wisdom and Hall of Fame Speeches.

I quit with you today!
Will do thank you
Keep on keeping on odaat

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 245
Great thank you! I love those mints in general (just love winter green flavor) so I can use them as a tool too quit, I'm kind of worried about getting up tomorrow because I like to dip first thing in the morning before I brush my teeth, but I'm not going to do it.
It's great that you have made the decision to quit! B)B

When you wake up tomorrow get online and post your promise in the April group. If you are a woman of your word that post will take that morning dip right off the table for the day! Get back in here and read the Words of Wisdom and Hall of Fame Speeches.

I quit with you today!

Offline Donewithdip

• Quitter
Keep on keeping on odaat

Offline BunnB

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-01-16
  • Interests: Football, Hockey, sports, golf, weight lifting, video games, coding
Well lifesaver wint-o-green flavored mints have helped me tremendously. Gum too, but the mints always seemed to take the edge off things when I was feeling anxious. Honestly I just don't want it anymore though. I'm addicted and that's all there is too it. I don't want to be nicotines slave anymore so no matter how much it hurts me to stay quit, it would hurt me more to cave. You can do this, you just have to WANT it. Do it for you because you're tired of it dictating your day. There's a post somewhere on here that says 100 reasons to quit and you'll be able to relate to most of them. Check it out.

And yep you posted roll today! Good work.

Offline Donewithdip

• Quitter
Quote from: Palpatine
Quote from: 78craft
There are some women on here. Go over and post roll for April.
Where is the roll? And why for april? I just joined so I'm kind of confused. Thanks for responding
DWD - roll is what we do each day to promise to other quitters that we are quitting nicotine for the day. April roll is the one you will want to post in as that is when you will hit your "Hall Of Fame" date (which is your 100 days quit date) so they call it April Roll.

April Pre-HOF Group is where you will want to post each day. Do it early in the day to make your promise that you will not use any type of nicotine of any kind for the next 24 hours and make that promise for your group. This month is a big group of people and we will all be there to help you with support of any kind or just a place to vent or rage when you go through the withdrawal of nicotine. I'm currently on day 14 and it isn't much fun but we all help each other along. There are some women on the site...I'm not one of them but I know there are around.

Click on the link and just add your first post and state that DWD Day 1 - I quit nicotine today! and you have posted roll. You will eventually get a hang of it.

I quit with you today!
-Palpatine
Ok I think I posted roll, can you confirm this? Sorry to be a pain thank you
Keep on keeping on odaat

Offline Palpatine

• Administrator
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 1.6.2016
  • Likes Given: 409
Where is the roll? And why for april? I just joined so I'm kind of confused. Thanks for responding
DWD - roll is what we do each day to promise to other quitters that we are quitting nicotine for the day. April roll is the one you will want to post in as that is when you will hit your "Hall Of Fame" date (which is your 100 days quit date) so they call it April Roll.

April Pre-HOF Group is where you will want to post each day. Do it early in the day to make your promise that you will not use any type of nicotine of any kind for the next 24 hours and make that promise for your group. This month is a big group of people and we will all be there to help you with support of any kind or just a place to vent or rage when you go through the withdrawal of nicotine. I'm currently on day 14 and it isn't much fun but we all help each other along. There are some women on the site...I'm not one of them but I know there are around.

Click on the link and just add your first post and state that DWD Day 1 - I quit nicotine today! and you have posted roll. You will eventually get a hang of it.

I quit with you today!
-Palpatine
Good...good, let the quit flow through you!  -chewie

Offline Donewithdip

• Quitter
Quote from: BunnB
Donewithdip, I'm only on day 4 right now but its about deciding to quit every day. Don't worry about quitting for life right now, just quit today. Then once tomorrow comes just quit for that day. I found that it has been much less stressful of a task this way and it hasn't been too difficult. It will absolutely suck don't get me wrong, but its most certainly doable. You have to want it.
Is there anything in particular you have done to keep yoyour mind off it
Keep on keeping on odaat

Offline Donewithdip

• Quitter
Keep on keeping on odaat

Offline BunnB

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-01-16
  • Interests: Football, Hockey, sports, golf, weight lifting, video games, coding
Donewithdip, I'm only on day 4 right now but its about deciding to quit every day. Don't worry about quitting for life right now, just quit today. Then once tomorrow comes just quit for that day. I found that it has been much less stressful of a task this way and it hasn't been too difficult. It will absolutely suck don't get me wrong, but its most certainly doable. You have to want it.

Offline 78craft

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 16

Offline Donewithdip

• Quitter
I am trying to quit using dip. Are they any ladies here or is this an all guy group. I am having a really difficult time
I am a 21 year old woman and married with a child, I started using dip in high school because all my friends were guys and they all did it. Been going on about 5 years now. I hate that I have this addiction, it's embarrassing, I do not look like typical person to dip and when I buy it cashier's always ask if it's for my husband. (He smokes but doesn't dip) I really am hoping that I can stay strong , the longest I have gone without is maybe 1 day and I kind of got shaky and frustrated. Any advice or tips would be great.
I dip/dipped grizzly winter green pouches, and did it most frequently after meals and while driving. I don't want my son to grow up thinking it's ok and I don't want to die.
Keep on keeping on odaat