Author Topic: Today is the day.  (Read 1348 times)

Offline Gdubya

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: August 23, 2013
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Today is the day.
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2014, 03:52:00 PM »
Yep. I agree with all that's been said. So bro, all you've done so far is say you haven't had a dip in a little bit. Who here hasn't done that before. What you need to do is make a promise. Get your addict butt over to roll call, step up to the line, put your name down, and promise to this crowd of witnesses around you that you will not partake of nic today. That's how it works. We all took care of that promise this morning. Get R Done !!!!

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2014, 05:38:00 AM »
Post roll. Make the pledge. Get with May 2014
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Krusty

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2014, 03:14:00 AM »
Quote from: HereItGoes
hey everyone. I know you all are a little ahead of me right now. But today is day 1 for me and it's officially been 8 hours and I still feel ok because I've stayed busy. Does anyone have any advice?
Lots of resources here to help you, regardless of how new to the quit you are. Take advantage of the initial hands that have been extended to you -- no one's getting paid to be the welcome committee, except by seeing you post roll every day.

All the introductory info you need is in the orange Welcome Center tab in the top left corner. In particular are instructions for posting roll: index.php?showtopic=50

You've got a lot of things in common with many people on the site, regardless of how far into their quits they are, but posting roll is what tells everyone you're serious about this. Don't hesitate to reach out when things get bumpy -- you're not alone in this.

Offline duathman

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 6-5-2013
  • Interests: Running, cycling
  • Likes Given: 216
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 11:13:00 PM »
post roll. Tell a bunch of crazy addicts that you are quit. That is the cornerstone to this site. EDD we post roll pledging that today we are quit.

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 11:11:00 PM »
hey everyone. I know you all are a little ahead of me right now. But today is day 1 for me and it's officially been 8 hours and I still feel ok because I've stayed busy. Does anyone have any advice?
Nobody is ahead of you, this isn't a race. It's just your quit ODAAT (One day at a time).

I would really like to hear a little more enthusiasm here. Go read this site and come back and tell us why your quit, how you ended up here, let us here about your compassion and energy to quit. I'm not busting your balls, it's just that your intro left me feeling a little unmotivated.

Mogul

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/14
  • Interests: Family, motorcycles, all sports, hunting, fishing, guns
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 07:08:00 PM »
Quote from: srans
Welcome. Like the intro. Didn't want to use to much internet space. I got you. Lol. Got one question? Did you post roll? If you did then your in the same quit pool as me. I quit one day at a time brother. As soon as you made the decision to not put the poison in your pie hole for the remainder of the day then you are quit. After today is done we'll wake up and repeat tomorrow.

The first 72 is going to suck. Embrace it. I hope for your sake you feel every moment. You want to remember the first few days so you will never want to repeat it.

Do you have a life kit ready. Sunflower seeds, candy, gum, fake chew. Whatever gets you through those moments when your addicted mind gets pissed and wants its fix.

Next few days do what you need to to keep the poison out of your pie hole. Stay close to the site. Read, read and read. There is a lot of information on this site. Knowledge is power. There is actually a link on this site that will tell you exactly what you are likely to face every step of the way. Now, i could tell you exactly where it is, but i think its important for a person to learn to navigate the site. Who knows you might find Some more trinkets to keep close.

You can do this my friend. If i can make it 363 days then you can make it the rest of the evening. One day at a time and you can have back a lot of what the poison has stolen. Never again for any reason and you can keep it. Need a number let me know.
I'm with Srans. Drink a lot of water. No nicotine in any form. If you get a hard crave, hit the ground and do push ups. Good idea to start exercising if you don't already.
You'll be in May 2014, learn how to post roll. Look in Quit Groups, scroll down to May 2014. Read everything in the WELCOME CENTER. Get busy, next few days will be challenging, but nothing you can't do. Welcome to May. Get in Chat Room.
Push all the site's buttons, nothing you can break here.
Quit since 1/23/14

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 06:53:00 PM »
Welcome. Like the intro. Didn't want to use to much internet space. I got you. Lol. Got one question? Did you post roll? If you did then your in the same quit pool as me. I quit one day at a time brother. As soon as you made the decision to not put the poison in your pie hole for the remainder of the day then you are quit. After today is done we'll wake up and repeat tomorrow.

The first 72 is going to suck. Embrace it. I hope for your sake you feel every moment. You want to remember the first few days so you will never want to repeat it.

Do you have a life kit ready. Sunflower seeds, candy, gum, fake chew. Whatever gets you through those moments when your addicted mind gets pissed and wants its fix.

Next few days do what you need to to keep the poison out of your pie hole. Stay close to the site. Read, read and read. There is a lot of information on this site. Knowledge is power. There is actually a link on this site that will tell you exactly what you are likely to face every step of the way. Now, i could tell you exactly where it is, but i think its important for a person to learn to navigate the site. Who knows you might find Some more trinkets to keep close.

You can do this my friend. If i can make it 363 days then you can make it the rest of the evening. One day at a time and you can have back a lot of what the poison has stolen. Never again for any reason and you can keep it. Need a number let me know.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline HereItGoes

Today is the day.
« on: February 12, 2014, 05:59:00 PM »