Author Topic: Quitting Again.  (Read 1808 times)

Offline Knockout

• Quitter
  • Interests: EDM, Tattoos, Piercings, Rock Climbing, Football (mostly NFL), concerts, the beach.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Quitting Again.
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2014, 03:03:00 AM »
Quote from: Luna2
Yikes. I am weening myself off. I can wait a week to post cold turkey..

Last time, I did the long cut, to pouches, to suns, to gum and it worked for just over a year.
There are thousands of people who come here in your exact situation, except for one huge difference - they know they need to quit, at all costs. You came here because you obviously need help. Stop quivering at the thought of giving up your precious poison and take the outstretched hand being placed in front of you.

Is this going to suck? Absolutely. Those horrible feelings you described, that is your body detoxing. This is going to happen for (typically) 3-5 days no matter when you stop.

This is how we quit here, cold turkey, balls to the wall. Do you want to be a quitter? Or do you want to keep being a slave to the can?

Simply put - DO YOU WANT TO DIE? Didn't think so. Quit being a pussy, dump your stash, and join us.
Obsessed with the ghey

QD 01/10/14

Offline thewolfe

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 4-2-2014
  • Interests: Quitting. Hi-end audio and quality recordings of anything from classical to jazz, folk, bluegrass, rock, good 80s metal, and of course the crooners, The desert, hiking, camping and shooting.
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2014, 02:46:00 AM »

Last time, I did the long cut, to pouches, to suns, to gum and it worked for just over a year.
Weening will not work man. Did it work last time? When YOU are truly ready to be quit, flush the cans, toughen your personal resolve, prepare for one of the toughest battles you will even be engaged in, and just fucking Be QUIT.

It's your choice, but when you are ready the system here is the key to remaining quit for life. We will help each other through the nic hell week and beyond.

Offline Raider

• Quit Pro
  • Imma Quitter
  • Quit Date: Feb 28, 2014
  • Interests: Fishing, Camping, Kayaking, but mainly spending time with the family and friends.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 12:34:00 AM »

Why wait? Just quit like the rest of us. We don't ween, try, or hope here. This is quitting extreme. 100% nicotine free. Flush it or come back when you are ready. It's obvious your way doesn't work. The way we do things here does, plain and simple.

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 12:32:00 AM »

Ok you do whAt you want but kindly stop posting until you quit as this is our house and it's cold turkey or go home. If you want to talk about your plan and get some critiques try going to the chat room on the site here.
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline Luna2

• Quit Date: 2014-05-20
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 12:28:00 AM »

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 12:14:00 AM »
Welcome and congrats on a great decision. This site is indeed cold turkey, no nicotine whatsoever. Tonight's assignment is to flush all that shit you listed and get started quitting. After that go to the welcome center link -upper left of the web page and learn how to post roll and more. Post roll as soon as you are nicotine free and intend to stay that way. All the help you need will be available but you gotta be ready to fight a bad addiction. You can beat it with the methods here- just jump in with both feet.
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline GameCock01

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-03-20
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 12:02:00 AM »
Hello.

I am quitting once again. I just got out of the military and saw on my medical record to the Veterans Administration "has dipped for 20+ years." This fact, my age, recent fractured vertebrae, going from being super fit to barely walking and super fat in a matter of two years has got me rethinking my lifestyle, a lot.

I love dip. I love it. I especially love Copenhagen snuff, long cut, and pouches.. I require it for long drives and when deployed or under stress for long periods. It helps me focus. The post workout or run dips are the best... It helps when I must be alone. Without it, I get pangs of anxiety, night sweats, and difficulty concentrating. Fishing, working on race car, and long drives are things I love, but will surely now dread.. It's weird, when I am with my family I only use when I drive for more than 40 minutes. But, since 1990, I've not been with family for more than a few months at a time.

I have receding gums and some tooth pain. MY gums and inner lip texture is different where I use, bottom and top shelf.

The last time I quit, I purchased one can of long cut, two cans of pouches, and 6 tins of snus and was able to go about 13 months tobacco free. This time I am going to use one can pouches and 4 tins of snus. The, lots of gum.

Best.

Welcome Luna. Thanks for your post on my intro.

Not sure what you mean by using one can of pouches and 4 tins of snus? Are you talking about fake stuff? This site is cold turkey, no subs, or lighter usage - all or nothing, I do believe.

I quit with you. See you tomorrow on roll call...
QLFEDD, it's as simple as that

Offline Luna2

• Quit Date: 2014-05-20
Quitting Again.
« on: May 20, 2014, 11:29:00 PM »
Hello.

I am quitting once again. I just got out of the military and saw on my medical record to the Veterans Administration "has dipped for 20+ years." This fact, my age, recent fractured vertebrae, going from being super fit to barely walking and super fat in a matter of two years has got me rethinking my lifestyle, a lot.

I love dip. I love it. I especially love Copenhagen snuff, long cut, and pouches.. I require it for long drives and when deployed or under stress for long periods. It helps me focus. The post workout or run dips are the best... It helps when I must be alone. Without it, I get pangs of anxiety, night sweats, and difficulty concentrating. Fishing, working on race car, and long drives are things I love, but will surely now dread.. It's weird, when I am with my family I only use when I drive for more than 40 minutes. But, since 1990, I've not been with family for more than a few months at a time.

I have receding gums and some tooth pain. MY gums and inner lip texture is different where I use, bottom and top shelf.

The last time I quit, I purchased one can of long cut, two cans of pouches, and 6 tins of snus and was able to go about 13 months tobacco free. This time I am going to use one can pouches and 4 tins of snus. The, lots of gum.

Best.