Author Topic: The big quit  (Read 1264 times)

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The big quit
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2012, 01:42:00 PM »
The fog can be a bitch. I lived on this site for a long time. I am not quite sure how I did not get fired. My productivity was shit too. It does get better !! Keep fighting.. we understand.

STAY QUIT
Greg

Offline hossmanwc

• Quitter
    • https:
  • Interests: Pittsburgh Pirates, Pens, Penn State
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2012, 01:36:00 PM »
Yeah Im in Grad school, so Im sitting here writing a paper and I am pretty sure this is a trigger because all I can think about is putting a chew in. Productivity=Zero
Believe deep down in your heart that you're destined to do great things.

-Joseph Vincent Paterno

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2012, 01:32:00 PM »
You have already gotten some solid advice but I will toss is some others. To repeat make sure you dump every can of shit you have and flush it. We have all made the trip to the trash can. You have posted your promise for today so no matter what you CANNOT ingest nicotine in ANY form.

1. Get some gum, candy, seeds, straws, toothpicks to keep yourself occupied.
2. Start drinking water. When you think you have had enough water, drink more.
3. Start reading everything you can on this site. Begin in the Welcome center, Move on to the words of wisdom, HOF speeches. Then pick a group ahead of you and read it from the beginning.
4. You are going to have some wierd days ahead. Knowing whats coming helps.

You have found the right place. Thousands of addicts are clean daily by the methods used here. Continue to post your promise, keep your word and you too can be QUIT !!

Welcome
Greg

Offline dethan33

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2012, 01:20:00 PM »
Quote from: hossmanwc
Quote from: wastepanel
Post roll call (Please visit the "salmon" WELCOME CENTER in the black banner at the top of the screen).

Stay quit (Do anything to keep nicotine out of your system.  Run. Jump.  Masterbate.  Whatever.)

Repeat.

It's as simple as that.

(Oh, and search hard for any remaining cans.  Toss them.)
Roll Call Posted
Hossmanwc nice!

I'm in April quit too. I just sent you a message

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2012, 01:12:00 PM »
Quote from: hossmanwc
Post roll call (Please visit the "salmon" WELCOME CENTER in the black banner at the top of the screen).

Stay quit (Do anything to keep nicotine out of your system.  Run. Jump.  Masterbate.  Whatever.)

Repeat.

It's as simple as that.

Roll Call Posted
You are quit for today.

You have just promised not to put any nicotine into your body until tomorrow. Good for you.

Fulfilling that promise is the hard part. Anybody can make promises, it's fulfilling them that is difficult. We mess around on this board a lot, and there is almost always craziness going on in the chat room. Grab a few numbers of your brothers, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Finally, read everything you can on this site. Behind all the wierd, crude behavior is a lot of knowledge about what you are about to go through.

Congrats man.

Wake up tomorrow, make the same promise, and fulfill it.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline hossmanwc

• Quitter
    • https:
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 01:07:00 PM »

Repeat.

It's as simple as that.

Roll Call Posted

-Joseph Vincent Paterno

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 12:52:00 PM »

Stay quit (Do anything to keep nicotine out of your system. Run. Jump. Masterbate. Whatever.)

Repeat.

It's as simple as that.

(Oh, and search hard for any remaining cans. Toss them.)
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline loot

• BANNED
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 12:48:00 PM »
Yes. Understand it is not a habit. It is an addiction and you are an addict. Without that understanding, you will fail again. Addict....yes, we are. You are in good company.

Welcome to the site.

Offline hossmanwc

• Quitter
    • https:
The big quit
« on: January 12, 2012, 12:43:00 PM »
Hello all, My name is mike and I have taken the step today to quit the habit that has cost me so much money over the past 8 years and eaten away at my gums. My intention was to begin last night, however I had one dip left in my can and I couldnt help myself. So 14 hours in I was a failure, but now I have some more resolve because I am really embarrassed by failing. I am a winner, and winners win. Im going to whoop this stuff.

Does anyone have any tips?

-Joseph Vincent Paterno