Author Topic: PercyB Intro  (Read 2008 times)

Offline pbrain04

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: PercyB Intro
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2013, 03:44:00 PM »
Quote from: Perseverance
One time my boss saw my can in my sock (my favorite hiding place in the office)
yup....thats where I kept mine also. Too funny.

Keep it up Brad. You are doing great.

PB

Offline Perseverance B.

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2013, 02:39:00 PM »
Thanks everyone for your comments and your support. Having a support group has to make this challenge more bearable, right?

Even though it's only been 6 days, it's funny to look back at how desperate I was to get my dip in during work hours. Most of the time I didn't get called out on it, but you knew people knew. For the people that did, I had to come up with excuses like I gums were enflamed from flossing, or something really stupid. One time my boss saw my can in my sock (my favorite hiding place in the office) and just rolled his eyes. Right now I'm rocking the ninja style FAKE dip...it's really not that bad. I'll need to stop that at some point but today is not the day....

For the length of time I've had this nasty habit, I could tell you many stories about how I kept this secret from my loved ones and family members....it's really quite pathetic. But anyway, thanks again for all the kind words...and I plan on posting on other people's pages to lend them the same type of support I'm receiving!

Brad

Offline pbrain04

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2013, 01:51:00 PM »
Quote from: Steakbomb18
Wow, reading your intro was like looking in a mirror. Late nights, upper lip ninja dipping at work, etc.
Me too man. I have been ninja dipping in my office for years and years thinking nobody knew. I got called into a meeting and management asked me about it and asked me to stop using in the office. Man it was embarrassing. But guess what? Being the addict I am I did not stop ninja dipping at work. I just switched to SnakeEyes GiJoe Ninja dipping at work.

Now Im quit.

PB -18-

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2013, 11:18:00 AM »
Wow, reading your intro was like looking in a mirror. Late nights, upper lip ninja dipping at work, etc. I'm on Day 8 and every day I win over dip the happier I am with myself and getting back control. Great to have you on board brother.
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2013, 10:56:00 AM »
Congrats on a great choice, Brad! "One Day At A Time" is your new motto. That is all that matters.

You can't change the past...what's done is done. So forget it. Don't worry about next tomorrow, next week or next year. We'll deal with them when they get here. All you need to do is focus on stayin quit today.

You've gotten great advice so far. Just follow it. Click on the Welcome Center link above and learn how and why we post roll. Then do it. Oh, and read everything else on this website...2 or 3 times a day should do it.

Click around in the Quit Groups...not just your own, but a bunch of them. All of those folks have been, or are, where you are right now. And they are all living free, one day at a time.

Welcome, brother!!!

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 10:40:00 AM »
Congrats on quitting! This is the place to stay quit. Just read and learn and stick with the program. Post roll first thing every day, and then honor your promise. Get that nicotine poison out of your system and keep it out. One day at a time. I quit with you today.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline pbrain04

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 10:06:00 AM »
check your inbox...my guess is you already have 7 messages from dudes that want to help you save your life.

Offline Dave1903

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-10-25
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 10:04:00 AM »
Get on here post roll get some phone numbers and make some friends
The nic is a bitch, but it's gone one day at a time.

Offline ParadigmDawg

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain BikingRoad BikingHome Audio
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 09:50:00 AM »
Quitting is really simple.

Read everything on here, post roll call each morning and don't dip. Wow....that sounds so easy, doesn't it?

If you read through the other intro's you may see some of my same words on them but they always hold true so I will just repeat them...

You are in for one nasty fight but you have the tools here to make it.

Go load yourself up with gum, mints, fake chew, seeds and beef jerky. Also get some member phone numbers right now, they will help you through the rough parts.

Next, exercise to exhaustion every single day and drink so much water that you feel like you may bust. Both of these will help.

Make sure your wife reads about what you are going through. 99% chance that you are going to be a short fussed dick for the next 3-4 weeks. Try not to take it out on her and the kids. Get on here and take it out on us, we will be fine.

I quit with you.
Oh little worm-dirt...you are so scary...F' OFF...!!!

Offline Perseverance B.

• Quitter
PercyB Intro
« on: December 19, 2013, 08:29:00 AM »
Hello all - I can't believe I found this site, which was a huge motivation to get me to understand the importance of quitting chew. Not tomorrow, not next week, today!

I started dipping November of 1993. I have been a slave of nicotine for 20 years. It's time to take my life back, and I think this forum is a great way to better ensure success.

I'm tired of staying up late at night to get that last dip in, only to wake up tired and lacking energy. I'm done with working a white collar office job, walking around the halls and sitting at my desk with an upper in, hoping nobody will notice. I'm giving back to my wife, who I promised to I would quit before we got married...that was 12 years ago. And most importantly, I'm giving back to myself - taking control of my actions, not letting dip get in the way of my work, my activities and my family.

I plan on doing roll call each morning as I get into work, and I will pledge that I will do everything I can to uphold my promise to each of you. I thank everyone in advance for their support, and look forward to being an active member of this board.

Brad