Author Topic: PercyB Intro  (Read 2007 times)

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 248
Re: PercyB Intro
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2016, 10:59:00 PM »
Missing on roll, I'd like to think that Percy is really quitting this time but I really doubt it. New quitters should read this thread and see it as an example of why missing any days will torpedo your quit! Buy in or get out!

Offline R3bauer

• Quitter
  • Be phenomenal or be forgotten
  • Quit Date: August 30, 2016
  • Interests: Enjoy scrollsaw, motorcycling, hunting, fishing, gardening, being with my wife and kids.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2016, 09:32:00 PM »
Percy fellow December 16 member right here. Where you been man? You know what it's like to get sucked back in to the poison. We want to help you stay quit but you need to post roll. It takes a minute out of 24hrs. Hell it take as long as putting in a dip! Get back here and post roll. waiting*

Offline CavMan83

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-10
  • Interests: Bass Fishing, music, all things motorsports, National Defense
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2016, 12:04:00 PM »
Percy,

I just penned you an email (see below). I wrote this before I realized you were "one of those quitters" who decided you had it all figured out and left the site only to return to post a Day 1. Then you post a day three and disappear? Edit: so I see where you have been "texting" in your quit promise. I gotta tell you that's pretty lame at only a few days into a quit. I don't claim to know what's going on in your life, but will tell you that it doesn't appear this to be a priority as it should be.... You have to dig deep and look inside yourself and decide whether you actually want this. From what I've seen, I'm not yet convinced you do.

Percy,

Good morning. I noticed it's been a few days since your Day 3 post and nothing from you. That's generally not a good sign at such a young quit. I strongly urge you to consider how many thousands have found a way to gut through the suck that is quitting nicotine. I know it feels like you're going to die if you don't get your next dip. Trust me. But you won't. I have searched the internet high and low for ANY example of someone actually dying from nicotine withdrawals and cannot find anything.

I know how hard quitting is. I was a slave to Copenhagen for nearly FOUR DECADES. If I can quit, anyone can. You just have to want it bad enough. Please let me know how I can help convince you of the fact that nicotine has never done anything FOR you, but it sure as heck is taking a lot FROM you.

Respectfully,

JDW

AKA CavMAn83

Offline Tjschu

• Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 388
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2016, 06:53:00 PM »
Quote from: Cindy
Quote from: Perseverance
Hello. There are probably many new faces/names to this site since the last time I visited. But I can guarantee that if I go through the community pages and begin to read many of the stories posted, I will recognize some of the people that helped me quit over 2 years ago.

See, I was a newbie back in December 2013. I found this site and gave it a shot. It was a very critical part of my quit. Shit....it was the most important part of my quit. My wife will always support me, and she pushed me and rooted for me. But there's something quite different about a group of people (albeit on the internet) that have the same problem....same addiction....working towards a common goal together. It's kind of weird, but the support I can get from strangers.....ones where I can only see avatars, and not faces.....can actually be more meaningful and inspirational than that of a spouse or significant other. It sounds weird, but it's very true.

Now comes the hard part. I abandoned the site after my 90 day quit. Not immediately, but shortly thereafter. Obviously a terrible decision on my part, because now I've been back dipping for the past 10 months....after a 2+ year quit. I started dipping again because I lost my support group. So why did I leave the support group in the first place?

Whenever I used the site, and posted my roll call each morning, I did it for me. I didn't do it for you, or the other guy, I did it for me. This was my coping mechanism to help ME fix my problem. I did not reach out to others. I rarely PM's people. I never called anybody. This was MY thing. And while my posting on the site could be construed as "Brotherhood", which is a word on the web page banner that's used to describe the TRUE meaning of the site, my true feelings were selfish in nature. Someone failed? Whatever, didn't care.

Which comes to why I left. I was completely turned off by the reaction of people on this site when a fellow quitter would fall off the wagon. They would chastise....ridicule....call for banishment from the site, in some instances. Talk about flying off the handle, right? I mean, if someone is having difficulty, they should be encouraged to keep trying, right? Yes and no. Tough love is what a lot of people need, and if I would have been more receptive to the methods used as motivation here, I would no doubt still be 100% quit now. You want to call some of the methods and motivations ridiculous? Over the top? Maddening? I call them effective.

This doesn't mean people do not care. They do. But what people understand from working through this battle for years....what I didn't realize the first time around.....is that it takes that kind of passion in order to succeed.

I will not make that mistake again.

I'm here because I want to quit, just like the last time. But unlike the last time, I'm ready to face whatever is thrown at me. I will probably be much more vocal on this site than I was before. Because my belief is that the more time you invest in anything, this quit included, it will pay off in the end.

Thank you for listening to my rambling on. I look forward to a long and prosperous journey with each of you.....one that lasts much longer than my 90 day quit.

Percy B.
You need to post this on your new group, December, and in your old group. And then let's get our quit on for good this time.
I agree that definitely needs to go into Dec 16 especially

Offline Cindy

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-08-23
  • Interests: Farming, Ranching, hunting, fishing, back roading, team roping, photography
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2016, 01:10:00 PM »
Hello. There are probably many new faces/names to this site since the last time I visited. But I can guarantee that if I go through the community pages and begin to read many of the stories posted, I will recognize some of the people that helped me quit over 2 years ago.

See, I was a newbie back in December 2013. I found this site and gave it a shot. It was a very critical part of my quit. Shit....it was the most important part of my quit. My wife will always support me, and she pushed me and rooted for me. But there's something quite different about a group of people (albeit on the internet) that have the same problem....same addiction....working towards a common goal together. It's kind of weird, but the support I can get from strangers.....ones where I can only see avatars, and not faces.....can actually be more meaningful and inspirational than that of a spouse or significant other. It sounds weird, but it's very true.

Now comes the hard part. I abandoned the site after my 90 day quit. Not immediately, but shortly thereafter. Obviously a terrible decision on my part, because now I've been back dipping for the past 10 months....after a 2+ year quit. I started dipping again because I lost my support group. So why did I leave the support group in the first place?

Whenever I used the site, and posted my roll call each morning, I did it for me. I didn't do it for you, or the other guy, I did it for me. This was my coping mechanism to help ME fix my problem. I did not reach out to others. I rarely PM's people. I never called anybody. This was MY thing. And while my posting on the site could be construed as "Brotherhood", which is a word on the web page banner that's used to describe the TRUE meaning of the site, my true feelings were selfish in nature. Someone failed? Whatever, didn't care.

Which comes to why I left. I was completely turned off by the reaction of people on this site when a fellow quitter would fall off the wagon. They would chastise....ridicule....call for banishment from the site, in some instances. Talk about flying off the handle, right? I mean, if someone is having difficulty, they should be encouraged to keep trying, right? Yes and no. Tough love is what a lot of people need, and if I would have been more receptive to the methods used as motivation here, I would no doubt still be 100% quit now. You want to call some of the methods and motivations ridiculous? Over the top? Maddening? I call them effective.

This doesn't mean people do not care. They do. But what people understand from working through this battle for years....what I didn't realize the first time around.....is that it takes that kind of passion in order to succeed.

I'm here because I want to quit, just like the last time. But unlike the last time, I'm ready to face whatever is thrown at me. I will probably be much more vocal on this site than I was before. Because my belief is that the more time you invest in anything, this quit included, it will pay off in the end.

Thank you for listening to my rambling on. I look forward to a long and prosperous journey with each of you.....one that lasts much longer than my 90 day quit.

Percy B.
You need to post this on your new group, December, and in your old group. And then let's get our quit on for good this time.
QLF ODAAT..

When you stop quitting hard, you forget how hard it was.

"When will you put the arrogance and ignorance aside and choose to live and to live with honor and integrity. It's the best fucking feeling in the world. It beats the shit out of feeling like a loser caver. It beats the shit out of knowing that you are nic's bitch. It beats the shit out of getting cancer and dying. This is really hard shit and you have to attack it with a vengeance. Get after it January. Quit like fuck" ~ Bronc

Offline Backwoods901

• Quit Pro
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2016, 12:24:00 PM »
well welcome back and you better man up and stay quit this time. Damn December already has a caver in there who is playing the fence about it and romanticizing about his cave.

I am not going to beat a dead horse here cause you have guys who are hitting 1000 days here and i will let them take care of that because you have way more to answer to .

But if you will post the 3 questions and answers to the newbies in DEC for them to understand why someone who would hit a 1000 days this month caved.
9/6/2016

Offline golfpro9696

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-12-09
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2016, 10:44:00 AM »
Steak nailed it. We're hitting the comma this month  you get to go through The Suck again because you got butt hurt 'bang head'

I hope for your sake that this time the suck is so goddamn bad that you' make sure you never go through it again by posting every day and you get a group of guys like Steak and I have. Motherfuckers that keep me quit every damn day because I'd never do anything to let them down.

Now go get your quit on
Quit Date: 12/9/2013
HOF Date: 3/18/2014
15th Floor: 1/16/2018
1 Year: 12/9/2014
2 Year: 12/9/2015
3 Year: 12/9/2016
4 Year: 12/9/2017

Proud member of March '14 Ironmen

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2016, 10:31:00 AM »
Why do I remember this name...oh, now I remember, about 900 days ago this guy used to be part of the March 2014 Iron Men; the same group posting our 1000 days of quit this month. Ironically, I was looking at our old spreadsheet this morning because fellow badass ironman, Golfpro, made the comment about the elite 11 posting our 1000th day, after starting with over 100 (which is small compared to other groups).

PB stopped posting and became a statistic; rather than be part of our elite 11, a group of guys who text daily, play fantasy football together, and most importantly - post roll daily. I guarantee, there is not a guy who wouldn't welcome another into his home or give him the shirt off his back. This brotherhood of iron men has worked our tail off to save the life of each and every guy in our group every single day. There are no other friends in my life who are like that, and hence they are special and dear to me.

PB is a re-tread. He talks of 100+ days of quit and a 2 1/2 year stint - PB, you've never quit, and you know that. You stop on occasion. A lesson about "Quit": Quitting is an action and Being quit is a way of life. Anything less is simply going through the motions.

I think you know what to do from here - actually, you summed up pretty nicely what you didn't do - so do it. Post roll daily, get involved. And if you want to see how quitters quit, post roll with the iron men too. There's no reason you can't be a badass quitter with us - but, again, you know the price of admission.
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline Perseverance B.

• Quitter
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2016, 09:50:00 AM »

Percy B.

Offline starr_78

• Quitter
  • Interests: Way too much football, golf, real wrestling not pro, and hockey. I like to go pheasant hunting and shooting all sorts of guns. Cooking and eating are two more big hobbies of mine haha.
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2015, 10:02:00 AM »
I guess they upgraded the questions to 4 now. Answer them. What happened? When did it happen?, Why did it happen? and What are you going to do going forward? I want this in March 14' and March 16' as well

If you have a plan and follow it you will succeed. Without a plan you will be lost. The plan is easy, and if you follow it, you will be quit. Post roll, keep your promise, repeat. This is not a sometimes plan, this is an all the time thing. Please learn from the huge fuck up you had by leaving this site in the first place and quit today.

Offline starr_78

• Quitter
  • Interests: Way too much football, golf, real wrestling not pro, and hockey. I like to go pheasant hunting and shooting all sorts of guns. Cooking and eating are two more big hobbies of mine haha.
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2015, 09:25:00 AM »
I see you posted day 1 with March 2014. Time to answer the 3 questions brother.

Offline pbrain04

• Quitter
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2013, 08:37:00 AM »
I know this dude. He is serious about his quit and saving his life. He is drinking the kool aid. Get used to seeing him around here.

PB

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2013, 08:23:00 AM »
One day at a time. It gets better with each passing week. Post roll every morning first thing. Recognize the cravings and deal with them strategically as they come. PM people and get numbers so you have accountability. You want people that are going to notice and care if its noon and your name is not on that roll. You cam do this. Keep it going. ODAAT.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2013, 07:13:00 PM »
Quote from: pbrain04
One time my boss saw my can in my sock (my favorite hiding place in the office)
yup....thats where I kept mine also. Too funny.

Keep it up Brad. You are doing great.

PB
LMAO all those years (40+) I thought I was the only secret dipper. Since finding KTC I've realized I wasn't alone.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline wmcatty

• Quit Pro
    • heartoftexasweather.org
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2013, 03:53:00 PM »
Hey Brad. You already have received some pretty sound advice, so I will just touch on one subject: Roll. Roll is your daily promise to yourself and all of your new brothers and sisters that you will not use tobacco in any form that day. You will post your name and the number of days you are quit each day in the March, 2014 quit group. Each and every day you will post your promise. No exceptions. That is the price of admission to KTC. Nothing more and nothing less. The reason you are put in March is that will be the month that you will celebrate being 100 days free of nicotineÂ…your Hall of Fame date. If you are out of town, your phone explodes and there are no pc's to log into the site from, text your daily promise to a brother and that person will post for you. Easy. So there is no excuse for not posting roll. That is the first step in accountability. Congratulations on making the best decision of your life. Wayne
"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne