Author Topic: Starting the journey today.  (Read 978 times)

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
Re: Starting the journey today.
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2013, 12:39:00 PM »
Quote from: Radman
Quote from: Diesel2112
Welcome.  Make sure you are quitting for YOU.  Not to stop the wife from nagging or because your kid was playing legos with your empty tins.

Those reasons will get you a couple weeks.

You need to quit for YOU.
Yep, you gotta do it for you. I also quit because of something one of my children did, but I quickly realized I had to get my head in a different place. Family can be a strong reason, but not the only reason. If you make your whole quit because of your family, you will begin to resent them when the going gets tough. Enhanced anger goes along with quitting, and you CANNOT direct that at your wife and kids. The are innocent. They did nothing to cause your suffering. Do not take it out on them. Bring that anger and emotion here. Rant/rage/vent/whine on this site. Hell, call somebody up and bitch and them. We can take it.

My advice is to show your wife the spouse support page . She probably has no idea what you're going through. My wife read that and then everything changed. She was one of my strongest supporters. She can help you channel your anger and avoid confrontations when you have a raging moment.

Reach out if you need anything.
What all the brothers are saying X 1000....
Good to see another slave wanting his freedom! 'clap' 'clap'

I became quit 320 daze ago BigJ! If a sorry asshole dumbass like me can do it, then I know that YOU CAN TOO!!! 'bang head'

You gotta Reeeeeeaaaaaallllllyyyyy want it brother! 'boob'
There are 40000 that have paved the way for you and I! The Tools are here...start reading and picking up the tools of quit.
In 72 hours, nic will be out of your blood, then the real war starts! Use the tools, use this site, use chat, post roll every a.m., get digits, get your wife involved like RadMan says.
Welcome to Freedom, it gets much, much better, I promise YOU Sir!! 'zombie'
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2013, 11:51:00 AM »
Quote from: Diesel2112
Welcome. Make sure you are quitting for YOU. Not to stop the wife from nagging or because your kid was playing legos with your empty tins.

Yep, you gotta do it for you. I also quit because of something one of my children did, but I quickly realized I had to get my head in a different place. Family can be a strong reason, but not the only reason. If you make your whole quit because of your family, you will begin to resent them when the going gets tough. Enhanced anger goes along with quitting, and you CANNOT direct that at your wife and kids. The are innocent. They did nothing to cause your suffering. Do not take it out on them. Bring that anger and emotion here. Rant/rage/vent/whine on this site. Hell, call somebody up and bitch and them. We can take it.

My advice is to show your wife the spouse support page . She probably has no idea what you're going through. My wife read that and then everything changed. She was one of my strongest supporters. She can help you channel your anger and avoid confrontations when you have a raging moment.

Reach out if you need anything.

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 08:13:00 PM »
Welcome. Make sure you are quitting for YOU. Not to stop the wife from nagging or because your kid was playing legos with your empty tins.

Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline 05wrxing

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Deer hunting, motorcycles, football, basketball and most of all my quit and my loving family.
  • Likes Given: 14
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 07:41:00 PM »
Welcome and congrats on Quitting, It is the best desicion that you can make. Just take it one day at a time. Post roll early and like the others below me said, honor your word. Everyday that your quit will be better than the last, the first few days are rough but it gets so much better. If you need anything at all just pm me.
Experience is the name we give to our mistakes." Oscar Wilde

Roll call is not a daily attendance sheet, it is a daily pledge" - Boelker62

QUIT 9-13-21

Offline TSNUS

• Quitter
  • Interests: Fishing, camping, skiing, BBQing
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 06:31:00 PM »
Welcome Big J.

Post in your group early and promise to quit today.

Keep your word.

Do the same again tomorrow. Take it out on us. We've been there. You will learn respect and if even your word meant nothing before, it will mean something today. You can do it and we are here for you.
Quit 8/14/12 and taking my life back one day at a time.

If you don?t control what you have access to, what you have access to will control you.

I?m trying to remind myself daily it?s not the absence of conflict that determines whether or not my relationships are healthy. It?s knowing how to handle the conflicts that will arise.

Character is who we are, not who we pretend to be. It's better to be shaped than to be fake.

Offline kkljinc

• Quitter
  • Interests: I love to workout, RUN, and Weights. Hunter and a Fisherman. Golf is my passion.Wife and kids keep me busy.
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 01:28:00 PM »
Quote from: bigj77707
Hello all,

My name is James, people call me Big J. I have been dipping for 12 years now. In this time, I also ventured over the cigarettes for a few years as well.

I haven't smoked a cig in over a year, but until today was dipping at LEAST a can a day, sometimes 1 1/2 cans daily.

I've tried to quit before, and the longest I went was 3 weeks before coming back to dip. It's just always been there for me. A comfort you might say. I recently got married (Feb. 23rd) and have a 15 month old stepson. My wife HATES the fact I dip, and lays into me every chance she gets about how I need to quit, blah blah blah. My son also has found a liking recently for wanting to play with my empty dip cans. I just brushed both of these things off.

Well, about a week ago, something finally clicked. Something finally told me that it really is time to quit, and I really don't want my son growing up watching me dip, and playing with my empty cans, and I really don't want to disappoint my wife, or frankly hear here nag anymore. So I did it. I took my last dip of Longhorn last night after dinner, and haven't had any since. I stumbled upon this site and got motivated by some of the stories of those who had gotten cancer and or died from dipping, and finally decided I am NOT going to be one of them. After starting dipping Copenhagen at 16, now at age 28, I am going to be a quitter.

I know it's not going to be easy, and I thank you all for your support.

Day 1 is today. 99 days to go to HOF. Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

- James
Welcome James. You have come to the right spot. Your next few days are going to suck, so be ready.

Seeds, gum, water (lots  lots) hard candy fake dip whatever you need, have it ready.

Hit the welcome center, and post roll. I will tell you the same thing I tell everyone else. Get involved read up and become accountable. it will help when your mind wants to cave, you will know you have made a promise to a bunch of people today that you wont quit, quitting.

Everyday wont be better than last always, so use us. You can call me names vent rage whatever you need to do, were here fro you. Now go get your quit on. I quit with you today.

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 01:26:00 PM »
Quote from: bigj77707
Hello all,

My name is James, people call me Big J. I have been dipping for 12 years now. In this time, I also ventured over the cigarettes for a few years as well.

I haven't smoked a cig in over a year, but until today was dipping at LEAST a can a day, sometimes 1 1/2 cans daily.

I've tried to quit before, and the longest I went was 3 weeks before coming back to dip. It's just always been there for me. A comfort you might say. I recently got married (Feb. 23rd) and have a 15 month old stepson. My wife HATES the fact I dip, and lays into me every chance she gets about how I need to quit, blah blah blah. My son also has found a liking recently for wanting to play with my empty dip cans. I just brushed both of these things off.

Well, about a week ago, something finally clicked. Something finally told me that it really is time to quit, and I really don't want my son growing up watching me dip, and playing with my empty cans, and I really don't want to disappoint my wife, or frankly hear here nag anymore. So I did it. I took my last dip of Longhorn last night after dinner, and haven't had any since. I stumbled upon this site and got motivated by some of the stories of those who had gotten cancer and or died from dipping, and finally decided I am NOT going to be one of them. After starting dipping Copenhagen at 16, now at age 28, I am going to be a quitter.

Day 1 is today. 99 days to go to HOF. Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

- James
welcome BigJ and just remember, never look to far in front of yourself. Be quit for today. Give that word that you can stay quit for 1 day. Then when you honor that quit and fall asleep you can be proud.

then tomorrow.....repeat

it is that simple, but get ready for the ride as it will not always be easy. Learn the tools on the site here, read up, and you will have what you need to remain quit

I give you my word that today I am quit and will not use +1.

Offline bigj77707

• Quitter
Starting the journey today.
« on: April 08, 2013, 01:01:00 PM »
Hello all,

- James
I quit on 4-8-13