Author Topic: Quiting  (Read 1096 times)

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Quiting
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2011, 09:15:00 AM »
Kyle,
Welcome to the site. I am going to send you some information. Check your inbox (1 ) .

As you can see you will have all the support you could ever want here. All we ask is that you honor your word daily.

STAY QUIT

Offline sts

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2011, 04:52:00 PM »
one day of quit at a time friend, that's all you have to commit to. you can do it.
HOF Date: 4/4/2011

Offline FLORIDA LUKE

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2011, 11:52:00 AM »
Kyle

We talked in chat last night and you got my number. Dont be scared to call or text me anytime man. I am quitting everyday just like you. Stay close to this site. Chat is good. Read read and read and get numbers of quitters.

Stay Quit

Luke
FLORIDALUKE
GUARD DEC 2010

HOF 12/23/2010
2nd 04/02/2011
3rd 07/11/2011
1 Year 09/14/2011
4th 10/19/2011
5th 01/27/2012

YOUR MIND IS YOUR MOST POWERFUL DRUG.

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2011, 09:52:00 AM »
Quote from: ksm2002
I don't think I ever really wanted to quit for myself until now.
'clap' 'clap' 'clap' 'clap'

Welcome Kyle! You can do this!

Offline shortround

• Quitter
  • Interests: Quitting. Quit. Quitition. Quitocracy. Quitorama. Quitography. Quit-a-lit-a-ding-dong. And finally, your mom.
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2011, 09:13:00 AM »
Welcome to KTC Kyle and congrats on the right decision. Living is good.
Freedom - 8 January 2011
HOF Date - 17 April 2011, 2nd Floor - 26 July 2011, 3rd Floor - 3 November 2011, 4th Floor - 11 February 2012

How bad do you want to quit? - posted by NOLAQ
"I'm an F-18 nic bitch, and I'll destroy you in the air." - The Sheen

"The truth, when you finally chase it down, is almost always far worse than your darkest visions and fears." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline jaygib

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 08:05:00 AM »
Welcome Kyle thanks for your service and inspiring other quitters with your quit!
Quit January 19, 2011

Everything is permissible for me but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible for me but I will not be mastered by anything. 1 Cor 6:12

Offline ninereasons

• Quitter
  • Interests: Quit
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 07:05:00 AM »
Quote from: RagingJew
Quote from: Smokeyg
My name is Kyle, I've been dipping for about 9 yrs now.  Started about a week after I graduated from bootcamp, was in love with Cope long cut from the moment I gave it a try.  I was able to hide the habit from my wife for about a year while we were dating, but then it came out, she found the can.  I promised I would quit when we transferred.  Transfer came and I kept dipping, probably dipped more than before, but I promised to quit when our son was born.  I think I got my dip out of my mouth just in time for the labor to begin, and had one ready shortly after his birth.  Spent 3 yrs stationed in Europe without my family and told her I would quit when I came home to them, but then I got sent to Africa, where I am now.  I don't think I ever really wanted to quit for myself until now.  As I'm posting this it's been 2 hours since my last dip, I had a visit in the chatroom and was urged to get rid of whatever chew I had on me.  I opened my backpack, went to the latrine and flushed almost 2 rolls of Cope...Here in Africa is the 5th of March 2011, my quit day 1, quitting for me and not for anybody else.
welcome ksm. thanks for your service. you've made an excellent decision!
WINNING
Welcome Kyle. These first days will really and truly suck. Enjoy the hell out of that. It's what it feels like to fight for your freedom from the poison, from every lie you've ever told to protect it, and from any damage it's done to your body, your self-respect, or your plans for the future with your family.

Very proud to be quit with you.

edit:
I just realized you said "rolls", not "cans". Two of those fishnet-stocking ladies down the toilet! Brother, you've learned to really hate the whore! Respect.

Offline RagingJew

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 04:31:00 AM »
Quote from: Smokeyg
My name is Kyle, I've been dipping for about 9 yrs now.  Started about a week after I graduated from bootcamp, was in love with Cope long cut from the moment I gave it a try.  I was able to hide the habit from my wife for about a year while we were dating, but then it came out, she found the can.  I promised I would quit when we transferred.  Transfer came and I kept dipping, probably dipped more than before, but I promised to quit when our son was born.  I think I got my dip out of my mouth just in time for the labor to begin, and had one ready shortly after his birth.  Spent 3 yrs stationed in Europe without my family and told her I would quit when I came home to them, but then I got sent to Africa, where I am now.  I don't think I ever really wanted to quit for myself until now.  As I'm posting this it's been 2 hours since my last dip, I had a visit in the chatroom and was urged to get rid of whatever chew I had on me.  I opened my backpack, went to the latrine and flushed almost 2 rolls of Cope...Here in Africa is the 5th of March 2011, my quit day 1, quitting for me and not for anybody else.
WINNING

Offline Smokeyg

• Quit King
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 11:57:00 PM »
My name is Kyle, I've been dipping for about 9 yrs now. Started about a week after I graduated from bootcamp, was in love with Cope long cut from the moment I gave it a try. I was able to hide the habit from my wife for about a year while we were dating, but then it came out, she found the can. I promised I would quit when we transferred. Transfer came and I kept dipping, probably dipped more than before, but I promised to quit when our son was born. I think I got my dip out of my mouth just in time for the labor to begin, and had one ready shortly after his birth. Spent 3 yrs stationed in Europe without my family and told her I would quit when I came home to them, but then I got sent to Africa, where I am now. I don't think I ever really wanted to quit for myself until now. As I'm posting this it's been 2 hours since my last dip, I had a visit in the chatroom and was urged to get rid of whatever chew I had on me. I opened my backpack, went to the latrine and flushed almost 2 rolls of Cope...Here in Africa is the 5th of March 2011, my quit day 1, quitting for me and not for anybody else.

Offline ksm2002

• Quitter
Quiting
« on: March 04, 2011, 11:48:00 PM »
My name is Kyle, I've been dipping for about 9 yrs now. Started about a week after I graduated from bootcamp, was in love with Cope long cut from the moment I gave it a try. I was able to hide the habit from my wife for about a year while we were dating, but then it came out, she found the can. I promised I would quit when we transferred. Transfer came and I kept dipping, probably dipped more than before, but I promised to quit when our son was born. I think I got my dip out of my mouth just in time for the labor to begin, and had one ready shortly after his birth. Spent 3 yrs stationed in Europe without my family and told her I would quit when I came home to them, but then I got sent to Africa, where I am now. I don't think I ever really wanted to quit for myself until now. As I'm posting this it's been 2 hours since my last dip, I had a visit in the chatroom and was urged to get rid of whatever chew I had on me. I opened my backpack, went to the latrine and flushed almost 2 rolls of Cope...Here in Africa is the 5th of March 2011, my quit day 1, quitting for me and not for anybody else.
Victory is a matter of staying power.