Author Topic: Introduction and Day 1  (Read 3860 times)

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
Re: Introduction and Day 1
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2016, 05:21:00 PM »
Quote from: pab1964
Quote from: rdad
Quote from: aaroncarey
So I had my first dip dream yesterday morning. Was weird; woke me up, felt slightly horrified/guilty until I figured out what was going on.

That's basically the only news of my quit at this point, other than the fact that I'm in to double digit days of my quit. So that's good. The longer I get out from Day 1, the more confident I feel about not needing the stuff. Feels great. Lots of feeling over here.
You doing great documenting in your quit Aaron. Keep it up. Youll look back on these days and vow to never have to go through The Suck again. Well done Quitter!
Oh how the great outweighs the suck! Maybe not now but man being quit is awesome! My only regret is I wish I had found ktc 30 years, if they would have had it. Probably wouldn't have mattered then, I was 22 and bulletproof! Quit on!
a dip dream is a victory, too-- you woke up and it wasn't true! nice!
Plus, the not feeling drowsy is probably progress. When you have good things like that happen, you're doing the right thing by enjoying them. Learning to recognize and enjoy the freedom is part of learning this new way of life you are creating. Nice work!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2016, 04:35:00 PM »
Quote from: rdad
So I had my first dip dream yesterday morning. Was weird; woke me up, felt slightly horrified/guilty until I figured out what was going on.

That's basically the only news of my quit at this point, other than the fact that I'm in to double digit days of my quit. So that's good. The longer I get out from Day 1, the more confident I feel about not needing the stuff. Feels great. Lots of feeling over here.
You doing great documenting in your quit Aaron. Keep it up. Youll look back on these days and vow to never have to go through The Suck again. Well done Quitter!
Oh how the great outweighs the suck! Maybe not now but man being quit is awesome! My only regret is I wish I had found ktc 30 years, if they would have had it. Probably wouldn't have mattered then, I was 22 and bulletproof! Quit on!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2016, 12:11:00 PM »

Offline aaroncarey

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2017-10-23
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2016, 11:34:00 AM »

I am a dbag and petulant child. And an arrogant ass. And not "most people".

?I am heading down the very same road to a cave as i have before? - INKcogKNEEdough

Offline Backwoods901

• Quit Pro
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2016, 10:08:00 PM »
Monday update:

Still more cravings earlier in the day...then once I left for work everything seemed to be fine.

Something different a week in: it used to be I was tired 80% of the time on any given day. Now I'm tired, but I'm not drowsy -- which is nice, I guess? Drowsiness was a huge bugaboo. I'd either deal with it by taking dip after dip or drinking coffee -- or fairly often both.

Anywhoo, overall so far so good.
I feel you it gets easier I'm in a 6 week school right now and last week I sat there falling asleep thinking a chew would wake me up. Then I thought wtf No it won't it's temporary relief.

Keep the updates coming it gets better
9/6/2016

Offline aaroncarey

• Quitter
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2016, 10:05:00 PM »
Monday update:

Still more cravings earlier in the day...then once I left for work everything seemed to be fine.

Something different a week in: it used to be I was tired 80% of the time on any given day. Now I'm tired, but I'm not drowsy -- which is nice, I guess? Drowsiness was a huge bugaboo. I'd either deal with it by taking dip after dip or drinking coffee -- or fairly often both.

Anywhoo, overall so far so good.

?I am heading down the very same road to a cave as i have before? - INKcogKNEEdough

Offline aaroncarey

• Quitter
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2016, 09:28:00 PM »
Quote from: Stranger999
Quote from: worktowin
Sunday afternoon update:

Holy crap, the cravings are randomly so bad this afternoon. Yesterday was a breeze, but today has been heck.
Holy hell what a game!

One day at a time bud.
I dealt with Andy Reid in Philly - don't let his awful clock management lead to a cave! ;)

I quit with you today! Stranger999 day 422
Haha! I literally tweeted during the 3Q I thought they were going to lose the game...it's hard to get a read on this team sometimes.

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 248
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2016, 09:18:00 PM »
Sunday afternoon update:

Holy crap, the cravings are randomly so bad this afternoon. Yesterday was a breeze, but today has been heck.
Holy hell what a game!

One day at a time bud.
I dealt with Andy Reid in Philly - don't let his awful clock management lead to a cave! ;)

I quit with you today! Stranger999 day 422

Offline Backwoods901

• Quit Pro
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2016, 06:42:00 PM »
Quote from: pab1964
Sunday afternoon update:

Holy hell what a game!

One day at a time bud.
Remember we've all been where you're at. It's hard it's damn hard. That's when you find out how bad you really want this. I know you got this, hammer down and throat punch the bitch! She want give up easy! Winning is all that matters now. Quit on! Im a pm away
Like Pab said you got this it only gets better,nothing should come in the way of your quit.

Nose to the grind stone and send a PM I'll gladly share my digits
9/6/2016

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2016, 06:13:00 PM »
Sunday afternoon update:

Holy hell what a game!

One day at a time bud.
Remember we've all been where you're at. It's hard it's damn hard. That's when you find out how bad you really want this. I know you got this, hammer down and throat punch the bitch! She want give up easy! Winning is all that matters now. Quit on! Im a pm away
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Online worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2016, 05:06:00 PM »
Sunday afternoon update:

Holy hell what a game!

One day at a time bud.

Offline aaroncarey

• Quitter
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2016, 04:31:00 PM »
Sunday afternoon update:

Offline aaroncarey

• Quitter
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2016, 11:58:00 PM »
Saturday night update.

Today has actually been great. Fewer hard urges, and whenever they do come, I've got my mints right there. Went for most of the day without too much temptation.

Every time I think it's going well, I put my guard up even more. I'm (almost) a full week in. Any failures now would be 7 days wasted.

Online worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2016, 08:05:00 AM »
Quote from: ChristopherJ
(I'm treating this thread as a journal; I never post like this on social media)

Friday night update:

Got home from work and was extremely tired. Took a nap before going to my buddy's place to watch the WS. All the while I've been the most tempted to dip to this point in my quit.

I have a lot of free time tomorrow and will be browsing the forum for all of that time (while watching football, of course).
Nice win last night Aaron. It was smart that you had a plan and stuck with it! Today will be your first saturday quit which will be a milestone. Keep winning! CJ
Hi Aaron - just saw your thread. Nice to see another Chiefs fan around here!

You've gotten some bad ass advice already from some of the best quitters around, and Zeno is a great quit Sherpa! Keep doing what you are doing. It gets better and easier. One day at a time!

Offline ChristopherJ

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: Sept 17, 2014
  • Interests: Travel, music, sports, art,
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2016, 06:55:00 AM »
(I'm treating this thread as a journal; I never post like this on social media)

Friday night update:

Got home from work and was extremely tired. Took a nap before going to my buddy's place to watch the WS. All the while I've been the most tempted to dip to this point in my quit.

I have a lot of free time tomorrow and will be browsing the forum for all of that time (while watching football, of course).
Nice win last night Aaron. It was smart that you had a plan and stuck with it! Today will be your first saturday quit which will be a milestone. Keep winning! CJ
Don't be afraid.  You are not alone.