Author Topic: Introduction and Day 1  (Read 3861 times)

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
Re: Introduction and Day 1
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2016, 07:11:00 PM »
Aaron,
Luck favors the prepared! Have a plan and don't wait to be tested by a craving or situation when you are around other chewers.
Buy gum, candy, seeds, fake chew, or toothpicks and scatter them everywhere like a squirrel storing nuts for the winter!
And obviously post roll and honor your promise
ID

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016, 06:57:00 PM »
Welcome aboard Aaron. Get posted up, that's the price for help here and damn sure easy and worth it! I quit with you today!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline aaroncarey

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2017-10-23
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 06:26:00 PM »
Quote from: emac
You got this. Go into the Quit Groups and post roll. Find your group (January 2017). They will be your biggest and best resource during these times. Congrats
Thank you
I am a dbag and petulant child. And an arrogant ass. And not "most people".

?I am heading down the very same road to a cave as i have before? - INKcogKNEEdough

Offline emac

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 05:36:00 PM »
You got this. Go into the Quit Groups and post roll. Find your group (January 2017). They will be your biggest and best resource during these times. Congrats

Offline aaroncarey

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2017-10-23
  • Likes Given: 0
Introduction and Day 1
« on: October 24, 2016, 05:34:00 PM »
My name is Aaron, I'm 23 years old and I've been dipping since I was 16. For the last 2-3 year I've dipped a can a day on average of the cheap stuff. I've tried "quitting" several times. I may have made it a week a couple of times, if that. I never really had a good support community.

I quit dipping earlier today, and I'm hellbent on quitting for good. Too much money spent, too worried about cancer, etc., and most of all I've been using dipping as a crutch/stress reliever. Overall just unhealthy.

Anywhoo, I'm not even 12 hours in and I've got some nasty cravings. So any encouragement/tips would be appreciated. Been using mints a lot so far to get the taste/satisfy oral fixation.

glad to be here.
I am a dbag and petulant child. And an arrogant ass. And not "most people".

?I am heading down the very same road to a cave as i have before? - INKcogKNEEdough