Author Topic: INTRO  (Read 1429 times)

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
Re: INTRO
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2015, 06:08:00 AM »
Quote from: BJD
Hey guys,

Like a lot of you, I started chewing in my teens. My older brothers/buddies did it so I just casually started. I've made half ass attempts in the past to quit but just decided last week that enough was enough. I chewed SKOAL for about 10 years and the last 5 switched over to the camel pouches. I was embarrassed I chewed and I could hide it much easier that way.

I went on vacation with my wife and three girls to Florida last week and that is when I began my quit. I chewed Tonnic gum while I was there and still have a couple pieces of that everyday but also bought the Smokey Mountain Pouches to help with the cravings.

I'm a Chiropractor. I preach healthy decisions to people and felt like a complete ass because I had this nasty habit. I want to quit for myself and my health but also for my 3 little girls and my wife. I've lied to her so many times (and been caught by her so many times) ever since we've been married.

Enough is enough and I'm done.

I randomly found this site and its helped reading the various threads and topics. This first week has not been easy but I'm focused and motivated to be done!
Do or Do Not, there is no Try. 'bang head'
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2015, 12:18:00 AM »
He gown.....
Guess he's not ready to give up the gum?
Fricking NB... Her claws are strong. Pisses me off. One post and bolt.
Maybe he will get involved when he is in the hospital and going through chemo. Crap.
I believe.....

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2015, 10:28:00 PM »
Hey BJD,
Funny how we punish our girls because they lie....
But ol dad's "taking care of business" behind every body's back.
That my friend is the action of an addict. CAPITOL LETTER ADDICT!
Did you have Nic gum today?
Your day one starts when you stop.
We are a zero Nic sight... Cold turkey, get crazy, bring on the Fog, Funk, and SUCK, ready to be free, crazy awesome Site.
We are also very successful... You just gotta drink the coolaid.
Next question is... Outside of feeling shameful for lieing.... Why are you quiting? Who are you quiting for? Are you scared at all of cancer? You know the odds... You've been to some school. It can happen tomorrow and in short of a year... Someone else could be putting those girls to bed at night. Find a reason to quit for you.
Your injection to the cure is one day at a time ODAAT. We make a promise and stand on our word, that we will not touch nicotine in the next 24 hours.
That's the reason for posting roll. We do it EARLY EVERY MORNING.
if your ready to quit.. and get your life back, and enjoy a freedom of respect. Post roll.
If you have questions. Send me a pm (inbox top right corner) Or call me. I just sent you my number.
I care about your girls having a dad.
I want too help you. I quit with you today.
Rawls
I believe.....

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2015, 04:51:00 PM »
Quote from: jpetmpls
Quote from: rdad

I chewed Tonnic gum while I was there and still have a couple pieces of that everyday
What is Tonnic Gum? If it has nicotine in it flush that too. We are quitting all forms of nicotine here not just dip. If its just gum then welcome and get your ass on roll call if you're serious about this.
I think he meant this: https://www.zonnic.com/What_Is_Zonnic.aspx

If so, it's nic gum and ya gotta flush that crap. Stat. Free yourself, brother.

Yeah, that's what it was. I have no more left and don't plan on buying anymore. Thanks for the support.
Nice work. Visit the welcome center, learn how to post roll and join your brothers/sisters in June 2015. Strength in numbers, my friend!

forum/55560/
Hey bjd we are all addicts here and so are you my friend! Sounds like you're a Pretty smart man to be caught up in this shit! Learn to post roll Odaat! Listen and read!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline jpetmpls

• Quitter
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 01.12.15
  • Interests: Hockey, motorcycles, bar/restaurant business, marathons, trail running. Ingested nicotine profusely in many forms for nearly 22 years
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2015, 04:02:00 PM »

I chewed Tonnic gum while I was there and still have a couple pieces of that everyday
What is Tonnic Gum? If it has nicotine in it flush that too. We are quitting all forms of nicotine here not just dip. If its just gum then welcome and get your ass on roll call if you're serious about this.

Yeah, that's what it was. I have no more left and don't plan on buying anymore. Thanks for the support.
Nice work. Visit the welcome center, learn how to post roll and join your brothers/sisters in June 2015. Strength in numbers, my friend!

forum/55560/

Offline BJD

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2015, 03:59:00 PM »

Offline jpetmpls

• Quitter
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 01.12.15
  • Interests: Hockey, motorcycles, bar/restaurant business, marathons, trail running. Ingested nicotine profusely in many forms for nearly 22 years
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 03:28:00 PM »

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 02:51:00 PM »

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 02:00:00 PM »
Please learn how to post roll. This is an addiction we share, not a habit. A habit is using your activator as a nose picker. You'll get a ton of support here, but roll call first.

My wife is a CA, so we are 100% into the chriopractic lifestyle.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Rkymtnman

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 12/25/2008
  • Interests: hunting, snowmobiling, dirt biking, mountain biking, camping, restoring old shit, building new shit, red neck shit
  • Likes Given: 99
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 01:21:00 PM »
Hey guys,

Like a lot of you, I started chewing in my teens. My older brothers/buddies did it so I just casually started. I've made half ass attempts in the past to quit but just decided last week that enough was enough. I chewed SKOAL for about 10 years and the last 5 switched over to the camel pouches. I was embarrassed I chewed and I could hide it much easier that way.

I went on vacation with my wife and three girls to Florida last week and that is when I began my quit. I chewed Tonnic gum while I was there and still have a couple pieces of that everyday but also bought the Smokey Mountain Pouches to help with the cravings.

I'm a Chiropractor. I preach healthy decisions to people and felt like a complete ass because I had this nasty habit. I want to quit for myself and my health but also for my 3 little girls and my wife. I've lied to her so many times (and been caught by her so many times) ever since we've been married.

I randomly found this site and its helped reading the various threads and topics. This first week has not been easy but I'm focused and motivated to be done!
damn....you sound just like the rest of us.

Glad to have you here and find your way over to the May 2015 pre-hof group and post roll with them.....read all you can reach out if you need anything.

Offline BJD

INTRO
« on: February 26, 2015, 01:12:00 PM »
Hey guys,