Author Topic: Whit Intro  (Read 1489 times)

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Whit Intro
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2015, 03:26:00 PM »
Quote from: ChickDip
Congrats on your HOF Whitley!

Proud to be quit with you again today brother Jackal!
Enjoy your HoF day, and see you at 101.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2098
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2015, 12:02:00 PM »
Congrats on your HOF Whitley!

Proud to be quit with you again today brother Jackal!
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2015, 10:53:00 AM »
Hey wit..
You have gotten some great advice and information.
I would like to add that previous stoppages in my past were with the idea of stopping a bad habit.
It would be wise to get a grasp on just what addiction is. Habits can be broken.
Nicotine is not a habit, it's the second strongest addicting drug behind heroine.
It is a drug that plays hard with your emotions and feelings.
Remember a Truth is Truth and no amount of emotions and or feelings can change that.
Nicotine causes cancer.
Cancer kills people.
Learn to live life without nicotine.
In a way see, we have been self medicating, and trying to face struggles and victories with a chemical.
A chemical of lies, that did never help you get threw something, or help you enjoy life more.
Life is better going through it with relationships than trying to use chemicals.
PM me anytime.
I quit with you EDD ODAAT.
Post roll.
Drink more water.
I believe.....

Offline whitley116

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-04-06
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2015, 08:55:00 AM »
Damn fellas...straight to the point. I can appreciate that approach. I should have seen your comments coming and you're right..... Thanks Bean and Grizz for the posts.

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2015, 10:13:00 AM »
Great choice, Whit! You said you were, "Hoping third time is a charm." Bullshit. You don't need hope. All you have to do is give us your word by posting roll, and repeat. YOU CAN DO THIS...there is no "hoping" about it.

I know I sound nit-picky. But we are talking about life and death here...yours and ours. I'm pumped you're here. Read all you can. Click around in the Quit Groups. Look at all of those names. Those folks aren't "trying" or "hoping." They are quitting. Start believing in yourself. I do. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2015, 09:32:00 AM »
Quote from: whitley116
I've successfully quit twice for year+ stretches.
Welcome. Just so you know those year long stoppages were NOT successful quits. ODAAT  NAFAR. Live it.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline whitley116

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 09:14:00 AM »
Quote from: pab1964
I've been building up for my quit for many weeks now and today was day 1. Up until today I've known i needed to quit but today was the first day I WANTED to. This is not new territory for me. I've been hooked on Kodiak since the age of 15 (i'm 34 now). I've successfully quit twice for year+ stretches. I am so regretful for falling off the wagon. Hoping third time is the charm. That said, this will be my first time going CT. This site inspired me to throw out the NicGum i had purchased. Agree with others....Lets just get this over with and skip the crutches. Bring on the pain....
WElcome to the best quit site
I am on day 8, so not much longer than you.
Take advantage of all the long timers on here.
Hey whit sounds like you don't mind a little misery. Great get posted up grab your sac and follow me and my brothers and sisters to freedom just remember anyone can dip but few can defeat the nic bitch! Next moves your's!
Thanks for replies guys. Love the site and how it operates...I stumbled onto this place but think its going to be a huge help. I'll see you in the Quit Group fellas.....

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 11:23:00 PM »
I've been building up for my quit for many weeks now and today was day 1. Up until today I've known i needed to quit but today was the first day I WANTED to. This is not new territory for me. I've been hooked on Kodiak since the age of 15 (i'm 34 now). I've successfully quit twice for year+ stretches. I am so regretful for falling off the wagon. Hoping third time is the charm. That said, this will be my first time going CT. This site inspired me to throw out the NicGum i had purchased. Agree with others....Lets just get this over with and skip the crutches. Bring on the pain....
Hey whit sounds like you don't mind a little misery. Great get posted up grab your sac and follow me and my brothers and sisters to freedom just remember anyone can dip but few can defeat the nic bitch! Next moves your's!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2098
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 11:18:00 PM »
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline whitley116

• Quitter
Whit Intro
« on: April 06, 2015, 10:49:00 PM »