Author Topic: Scotty - DAY 1  (Read 2781 times)

Offline scottjames

• Quit Date: 2014-07-21
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Scotty - DAY 1
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2014, 12:25:00 AM »
Maybe I'm just not fucking ready for all this. I'll ponder it over another beer.

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2014, 12:14:00 AM »
Quote from: derk40
Quote from: scottjames
I don't know anymoreÂ…after hearing from so many people struggling their first week, after two days I think I'm fine. I don't have the issues other people did. Maybe cuz I've only been doing it for 5 years.

It seemed easy the first time I quit after college. Didn't even give it a thought. Maybe I can just quit whenever I want toÂ…I dunno. Just starting to feel like I can't relate, other bro's are struggling more.
You must enjoy the good days. But you must be prepared to execute your quit plan when you get slammed by the NIC B. You will. And when she comes knocking you better be ready to shut her down.

You only stopped previously. You never quit. If you did you would not be here at day 2.

5 yrs. 25 yrs. 40 yrs. don't make a difference. You are an addict. You don't know something we don't and you aren't special. Quitting takes work, so be ready to battle.

ODAAT bro. Do you have a plan? Do you know what I'm talking about?
If you quit in college, why are you here today?
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2014, 12:06:00 AM »
I don't know anymoreÂ…after hearing from so many people struggling their first week, after two days I think I'm fine. I don't have the issues other people did. Maybe cuz I've only been doing it for 5 years.

It seemed easy the first time I quit after college. Didn't even give it a thought. Maybe I can just quit whenever I want toÂ…I dunno. Just starting to feel like I can't relate, other bro's are struggling more.
You must enjoy the good days. But you must be prepared to execute your quit plan when you get slammed by the NIC B. You will. And when she comes knocking you better be ready to shut her down.

You only stopped previously. You never quit. If you did you would not be here at day 2.

5 yrs. 25 yrs. 40 yrs. don't make a difference. You are an addict. You don't know something we don't and you aren't special. Quitting takes work, so be ready to battle.

ODAAT bro. Do you have a plan? Do you know what I'm talking about?
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline scottjames

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2014, 11:57:00 PM »

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2014, 11:45:00 PM »
We quit because we want to here. It can be scary, but it can be really fucking fun sometimes. You'll like this place and you will enjoy it.

Pinched was all serious and gave you a rundown of what we're all about. Mess around here, but always remember that shit comes first. If you're angry, post roll first and we'll talk. If you're happy, post roll first and we'll laugh.

Step up the water on days 2 and 3. Drink a ton, and watch the caffeine. I was punch drunk by the end of day 2. Don't be surprised if you're a little off your game. Exercise. Read. Do anything that will keep you quit man, and screw the noise. Focus on the quit.

I'm Scott, and I approved this message.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline Jarhead19

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-26
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2014, 03:28:00 PM »
Not a Scott but I've never done well with restrictions.

QLF, and welcome to the Titans!
"You can't build your reputation on what you're going to do."
-Henry Ford

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2014, 03:01:00 PM »
Quote from: Pinched
Scott,
Now that enough people have fucked with you, I would like to welcome you to KTC. You will find that there is lots of useful information here to help you break the chains of addiction, but you need to want to do this all for yourself. I thought I would offer you some direct links to items to help speed and ease your searches.

Welcome to KTC, you appear to have your mind made up to quit for you. If I may add a couple of things that in my opinion can make or break your quit (all items below with underlined words are links to different areas on KTC or referenced, all safe)

1. Your spouse, well her support is critical and she deserves to understand more what you are going through, so see the following link and hell print it or e-mail it to her to read Spousal Support

2. Read this for yourself to make sure you fully know what to expect What to expect when you quit; some days are better then others, then eventually all days are better

3. Read the stories on here at KTC, the Kern story is a tear jerker and though you want to be around for your kids this will reinforce it dramatically, Kern's Story; then there are these words spoken by a man who lost his brother to this stupid shit Sean Marsee, damn I wish he would have talked at my middle school.

4. Find an alternative and keep it on you at all times. There will be times when going to the Convenience Store and getting a soda or anything else can cause one lapse in judgment and lead to a huge mistake. Don't be that guy, be the guy with Testicular Fortitude.

5. Find a couple of other quitters and exchange numbers with them, if you need another please PM me and let's do this.

6. Remember that you are an addict, 100 days is a milestone not a goal; the goal is a lifetime being free from the nic bitch. Get pissed off at big tobacco and the dangers they put you in.

7. Remember that you are the one who caused you to be an addict, so don't let anger get outside of your control. It is no one else's fault that you got here. Your family will only support you if you are not an asshole.

8. Drink lots of water, may also consider changing your eating lifestyle/diet, shit changes after the weed is out of your system. Exercise is also a huge help.

Now, learn How to post roll, then go post roll with your fellow Titans - Pre HOF October 2014

If there is anything I can do to assist you further, please feel free to send me a PM and let me help you.

P
Beam me up..well you know.
I quit with YOU Today...glad you found your way here.
The tools are here...to save your jaw and your freedom.
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2014, 02:15:00 PM »
Scott,
Now that enough people have fucked with you, I would like to welcome you to KTC. You will find that there is lots of useful information here to help you break the chains of addiction, but you need to want to do this all for yourself. I thought I would offer you some direct links to items to help speed and ease your searches.

Welcome to KTC, you appear to have your mind made up to quit for you. If I may add a couple of things that in my opinion can make or break your quit (all items below with underlined words are links to different areas on KTC or referenced, all safe)

1. Your spouse, well her support is critical and she deserves to understand more what you are going through, so see the following link and hell print it or e-mail it to her to read Spousal Support

2. Read this for yourself to make sure you fully know what to expect What to expect when you quit; some days are better then others, then eventually all days are better

3. Read the stories on here at KTC, the Kern story is a tear jerker and though you want to be around for your kids this will reinforce it dramatically, Kern's Story; then there are these words spoken by a man who lost his brother to this stupid shit Sean Marsee, damn I wish he would have talked at my middle school.

4. Find an alternative and keep it on you at all times. There will be times when going to the Convenience Store and getting a soda or anything else can cause one lapse in judgment and lead to a huge mistake. Don't be that guy, be the guy with Testicular Fortitude.

5. Find a couple of other quitters and exchange numbers with them, if you need another please PM me and let's do this.

6. Remember that you are an addict, 100 days is a milestone not a goal; the goal is a lifetime being free from the nic bitch. Get pissed off at big tobacco and the dangers they put you in.

7. Remember that you are the one who caused you to be an addict, so don't let anger get outside of your control. It is no one else's fault that you got here. Your family will only support you if you are not an asshole.

8. Drink lots of water, may also consider changing your eating lifestyle/diet, shit changes after the weed is out of your system. Exercise is also a huge help.

Now, learn How to post roll, then go post roll with your fellow Titans - Pre HOF October 2014

If there is anything I can do to assist you further, please feel free to send me a PM and let me help you.

P
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2014, 02:06:00 PM »
Quote from: AppleJack
Quote from: basshaug
Quote from: Cheezhead33
My dads name is Scott so I too qualify to post and I quit with you!
Your dad has an excellent name.
I worked with a guy named Scott a couple years ago. He was alright I guess. He wasn't a bad ass quitter like the Scotts in this thread.
I just purchased some Scott paper towels.
Dude in Star Trek was cool.

Seriously... Welcome in brother.
We're here to help in any way.
Some of my ancestors came from Scotland. I guess that would make me Scott-ish.
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2014, 02:03:00 PM »
I worked with a guy named Scott a couple years ago. He was alright I guess. He wasn't a bad ass quitter like the Scotts in this thread.
Dude in Star Trek was cool.

Seriously... Welcome in brother.
We're here to help in any way.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2014, 01:43:00 PM »
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline basshaug

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2014, 01:40:00 PM »

Offline scottjames

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2014, 01:33:00 PM »

Offline Cheezhead33

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-03-03
  • Interests: Bucks, Brewers, Badgers, Rugby, Hunting, Fishing, TV Shows (Walking Dead, Arrow, House of Cards), and of course DA GREEN BAY PACKERS
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2014, 01:17:00 PM »

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2014, 10:54:00 AM »
Quote from: MonsterEMT
Quote from: wastepanel
Quote from: wastepanel
Quote from: wookie5002
Welcome to KTC. Best advice I can give you is read everything you can on this site and read some more.
Hi. I'm Scott. I'm 36. We're quit.

Have you checked out the welcome center? Do you know what we're about?
Yeah I've checked out a bunch of the resources here and have been in the chat room today. A lot of great people helping me out with my first day. I appreciate it.
I'm proud as hell of this site and the members that are on it man. Respect this house, and respect your quit. Most importantly, respect your quit. You'll be surprised just how far a little effort goes here.

We got your back. Water, water, limit your caffeine, water, exercise, and water. Have some supplies on hand (gum, seeds etc) before a crave cripples you , and have your tools clean and sharp. Your enemy doesn't have to reach her weapon. You do.
Glad to have you here. Get connected with people on here. Get involved. Check your inbox for a PM from me.

This site is only as useful as you allow it to be.
Do you have to be named Scott to post on this intro? I know a Scott, so close enough, I quit with Scott today.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.