Author Topic: Scotty - DAY 1  (Read 2782 times)

Offline MonsterMedic

• Master of Quit
  • Proud member of the June 2014 Quit Saloon
  • Quit Date: 03.02.14
  • Likes Given: 260
Re: Scotty - DAY 1
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2014, 12:05:00 AM »
Quote from: wastepanel
Quote from: scottjames
Quote from: wookie5002
Welcome to KTC. Best advice I can give you is read everything you can on this site and read some more.
Hi. I'm Scott. I'm 36. We're quit.

Have you checked out the welcome center? Do you know what we're about?
Yeah I've checked out a bunch of the resources here and have been in the chat room today. A lot of great people helping me out with my first day. I appreciate it.
I'm proud as hell of this site and the members that are on it man. Respect this house, and respect your quit. Most importantly, respect your quit. You'll be surprised just how far a little effort goes here.

We got your back. Water, water, limit your caffeine, water, exercise, and water. Have some supplies on hand (gum, seeds etc) before a crave cripples you , and have your tools clean and sharp. Your enemy doesn't have to reach her weapon. You do.
Glad to have you here. Get connected with people on here. Get involved. Check your inbox for a PM from me.

This site is only as useful as you allow it to be.
"Frank Pierce: Saving someone's life is like falling in love. The best drug in the world." - Bringing Out The Dead

Quit Date: 03-02-2014
HOF: 06-09-2014
3K and counting

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2014, 12:01:00 AM »
Welcome to KTC. Best advice I can give you is read everything you can on this site and read some more.

Yeah I've checked out a bunch of the resources here and have been in the chat room today. A lot of great people helping me out with my first day. I appreciate it.
I'm proud as hell of this site and the members that are on it man. Respect this house, and respect your quit. Most importantly, respect your quit. You'll be surprised just how far a little effort goes here.

We got your back. Water, water, limit your caffeine, water, exercise, and water. Have some supplies on hand (gum, seeds etc) before a crave cripples you , and have your tools clean and sharp. Your enemy doesn't have to reach her weapon. You do.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline scottjames

• Quit Date: 2014-07-21
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2014, 11:41:00 PM »

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 11:18:00 PM »

In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline wookie5002

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-07-16
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 11:10:00 PM »
I drink, I dip, I die at the hands of an active addiction. I'll be damned if I'm gonna go out that way. Without saying I'm never doing it again, I'm in for the long haul. It's not an option today. If I die tomorrow, I want my kids to be proud of their dad, and know I didn't intentionally cut my life with them short. That, for me, puts these struggles in context. Not today, and with the grace of God, not ever.- Mattyc

LLL

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 11:09:00 PM »
I'm Scott. I'm 30. I quit Grizzly Wintergreen today. No more. Ever.
Welcome.

You can do this.

Offline scottjames

• Quit Date: 2014-07-21
Scotty - DAY 1
« on: July 21, 2014, 11:07:00 PM »
I'm Scott. I'm 30. I dipped Grizzly Wintergreen. No more. Ever.